Shadow got chipped

Old April 17th 09, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default Shadow got chipped

I took Shadow in to get his microchip this evening, he was as good as gold.
Not a sound out of him in the car and he didn't even flinch when the chip
went in. For an ex feral the change since he moved in, April 30th last year,
is incredible, he so affectionate and sure of himself now. You wouldn't know
he was the same cat.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old April 17th 09, 10:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Adrian wrote:

I took Shadow in to get his microchip this evening, he was as good as gold.
Not a sound out of him in the car and he didn't even flinch when the chip
went in. For an ex feral the change since he moved in, April 30th last year,
is incredible, he so affectionate and sure of himself now. You wouldn't know
he was the same cat.

Well, he's not a feral anymore, now that he has machinery inside him.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old April 18th 09, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
I took Shadow in to get his microchip this evening, he was as good as gold.
Not a sound out of him in the car and he didn't even flinch when the chip
went in. For an ex feral the change since he moved in, April 30th last
year, is incredible, he so affectionate and sure of himself now. You
wouldn't know he was the same cat.

Boyfie did not feel his microchip either, however he never stops meowing in
the car when he needs to go to the vet.
Many congratulations to you for what you've done for Shadow.

Tweed

Old April 20th 09, 05:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
I took Shadow in to get his microchip this evening, he was as good as gold.
Not a sound out of him in the car and he didn't even flinch when the chip
went in. For an ex feral the change since he moved in, April 30th last
year, is incredible, he so affectionate and sure of himself now. You
wouldn't know he was the same cat.

Were you able to get him one of those chips that they can also have their
temperature take via? I think it was you that told me about them and I
wanted one of them for Boyfie. My vets do not have those, and neither do
any vets within driving distance as I got in touch with the company that
sells them to find out. It seemed such a good idea that a shy cat could
have his/her temperature taken by the microchip scanner without sticking a
glass rod up where the sun don't shine which always upsets them.
I tried to sell my vet on the idea but it was no go. He said some scanners
will not read them and he prefers to chip them with UK-wide readable ones
that give the best chance of them getting home through rescue centres etc.
I could not argue with his logic. So the good news is that Boyfie can be
found through his microchip wherever he may be, but the bad news is that if
he has to have his temperature taken he will have to bite his lip and think
of England ..

Tweed

It might be a regional thing.

Old April 20th 09, 06:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Yes it is the bio-thermo type, the same as Bagheera who was the first animal
at my vets to get one.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old April 20th 09, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Is it possible/advisable to get both chips?

--
Joyce ^..^

Old April 20th 09, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Most readers produced in the last few years can read all chips, they at
least note the presence of a chip they can't read.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old April 26th 09, 07:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Christina Websell wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
[...]

What a picture you put in my mind of Boyfie having his temperature
taken. Thanks for the chuckle! MLB