Snowmonsters!

Old January 23rd 08, 01:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl P.[_2_]

Default Snowmonsters!

I live in an area noted for high winds, lots of precipitation and
temperatures that often hover around 0C. The builders of my house (and
the city planners, if they *had* city planners back then!) didn't take
prevailing winds into consideration and therefore I'm quite regularly
out on the doorstep thanking God that at least the builders didn't set
the place back much from the street and trying to clear the snow before
the prevailing winds either pile it so high I'm sealed in the house for
the rest of the winter or the temperature rises again to or a bit above
0, just before plunging back below 0, leaving ice so solid a blowtorch
would hardly touch it. And there's probably a city bylaw against using a
blowtorch big enough to melt ice in a built-up area. There are days -
not many, but today's one of them - during which I envy people who live
in areas that may be much colder, but have less snow and less vicious winds.

Sam does not agree. Sam likes snow. Sam likes sneaking out when I'm
struggling with the door and shovels, and sometimes it hardly seems
worth trying to stop him because traffic is nil during these snow
clearing periods and anyway it's not as though a cat's going anywhere
very fast in snow that's over his head. Not that that stops Sam; he
actually seems to rather like swimming through the snow. For a while,
mind you. Usually a shorter period of time than it takes for me to do my
rather minimalist job of ensuring I've moved enough snow so that I can
get out of the house. Then he yowls like a pitiful lost soul to get back in.

And you all know where this is going. IN is boring. And there's still
snow out there waiting for paw prints....Cats!!!

Cheryl

Sum hoomins iz so lakking in unnerstanding!

Sam, licking off thu last uv thu melted snomonsturs on his fur
Old January 23rd 08, 01:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Cheryl P. wrote:
Sum hoomins iz so lakking in unnerstanding!

Sam, licking off thu last uv thu melted snomonsturs on his fur

LOL. It's the same here, though we haven't had any huge snowfalls this
year. But the cats love the snow, only they have to come inside and warm
their toes every couple of minutes. Then it's back out into the lovely snow.

Old January 23rd 08, 06:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Cheryl P. wrote:

[...]

So long as Sam's happy, that's the important thing. I don't know if we'll
get any more snow this year, it was fun watching Baggy doing the snow
zoomies.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart