BlueBird

Old March 17th 04, 09:24 PM
JBHajos

Default BlueBird

Anyone have any recent news of BlueBird and how she's doing? Haven't
heard from or about her since around Christmas. Hoping all is OK.

Jeanne
Old March 17th 04, 10:53 PM
polonca12000

I also hope she is ok.
Lots of best wishes, purrs and gentle hugs for BB,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old March 18th 04, 01:54 AM
Yoj

"JBHajos" wrote in message
Anyone have any recent news of BlueBird and how she's doing? Haven't
heard from or about her since around Christmas. Hoping all is OK.

Jeanne

I talked to her about a week ago. She's still hanging in there, but
things are getting hard for her - or rather, harder. LittleBit seems to
be having some problems, which doesn't help, of course. BB is also
feeling the effects for the Alzheimer's. Finances are very tight, so
figuring out what to do is a worry. She is trying to work something out
where she can share an apartment with a friend, who is willing to look
after her. However, she is currently in some sort of subsidized
housing, and she loses the financial help if she has another person
living with her. They need to find a place they can afford between
them, and, of course, moving will be very hard on her, but it looks as
though it will be necessary.

She gets to the computer occasionally, just long enough to do a group
mailing of a joke or inspirational story, but doesn't have the strength
to come to newsgroups any more. That is too bad, because she really
misses them - especially this one.

She still loves getting cards and notes.

Joy

Old March 18th 04, 06:46 PM
SUQKRT

In article k.net, "Yoj"
wrote:

"JBHajos" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

If a person with a disability needs live in help, the subsidy is not affected.
A letter from her Dr explaining her needs is needed. The roomate would not have
to pay rent which could be considered part of his/her rent. I almost did this
but opted for overnight help sleeping on my foldout love seat. Also there are
programs that help pay for in home help amount etc., varies from state to
state. Email me Joy if you want more info.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

I've learned to not sweat the petty things, and not pet the sweaty things.

Old March 19th 04, 01:32 AM
JP Hobbs

That sounds like great news for BB, Wilson and I will be Purring for
something good to happen for her,and we also send purrs for Little Bit
to start feeling better hugs Jean.P.

SUQKRT wrote in message

In article k.net, "Yoj"
wrote:

.. .

Old March 19th 04, 09:07 AM
Yoj

"JP Hobbs" jphobbsREMOVE THIS @dodo.com.au wrote in message
That sounds like great news for BB, Wilson and I will be Purring for
something good to happen for her,and we also send purrs for Little Bit
to start feeling better hugs Jean.P.

SUQKRT wrote in message

In article k.net,

"Yoj"
wrote:

"JBHajos" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Unfortunately, BB has already checked out all resources in Alabama,
where she lives, and has run into dead ends everywhere, other than the
help she is already getting. She is all alone there, and while she has
concerned friends, they have their own lives and are not able to do much
more than shop for her and take her to the doctor. Because of her
Alzheimer's, she doesn't feel able to carry on the long, complicated
phone conversations that would be involved in trying to get more help.

She does have a son, but he lives in another state. He almost never
calls her, and often doesn't talk to her when she calls. He has never
brought his children to visit her. She wouldn't even have pictures of
her only grandchildren if it weren't for his wife, who writes her and
sends pictures. Her son's solution to her problem is for her to move
near him, where he would put her into a home. She would be away from
all of her friends, and he would have complete control over her life.

Joy

Old March 19th 04, 06:54 PM
SUQKRT

In article k.net, "Yoj"
wrote:

SUQKRT wrote in message

In article k.net,

"Yoj"
wrote:

"JBHajos" wrote in message

[...]

Unfotunately programs vary widely from states to state. I'll have Spicey purr
that BB's situation inproves.

Old March 19th 04, 11:34 PM
Takayuki

"Yoj" wrote:

Unfortunately, BB has already checked out all resources in Alabama,
where she lives, and has run into dead ends everywhere, other than the
help she is already getting. She is all alone there, and while she has
concerned friends, they have their own lives and are not able to do much
more than shop for her and take her to the doctor. Because of her
Alzheimer's, she doesn't feel able to carry on the long, complicated
phone conversations that would be involved in trying to get more help.

You're so nice to check up on her! It sounds like she has a lot of
things to deal with, with medical and financial stuff, family,
kitties, and Alzheimer's must make it even harder.

Old March 22nd 04, 02:57 AM
JP Hobbs

My god, her son leaves me gasping, I dont know what I'd do without my son
and daughter, how can he neglect her like that, I sometimes get frustated at
the way my kids constantly worry about me, like I have to ring when I
get back from the shops or one of them is always there to take me to the Dr
or the hospital visits[ both only at the top of the street] or the foot
clinic, A bus ride away, even though I tell them I can still get on a
bus.they have to taxi
me there, but better that, than that they never bother with me.
Jean.P.

Yoj wrote in message
hlink.net...
"JP Hobbs" jphobbsREMOVE THIS @dodo.com.au wrote in message
That sounds like great news for BB, Wilson and I will be Purring for
something good to happen for her,and we also send purrs for Little Bit
to start feeling better hugs Jean.P.

SUQKRT wrote in message

In article k.net,

"Yoj"
wrote:

.. .

Old March 18th 04, 11:00 PM
polonca12000

I do hope some solution is found for BB! And a card will be sent to her
tomorrow.
Lots of best wishes and purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek