Looking for broad-spectrum flea/parasite treatment food additive

Old November 4th 09, 02:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats
Cat Guy

Default Looking for broad-spectrum flea/parasite treatment food additive

I believe there are some feline flea, worm and parasite treatments that
can be added to food.

I'm looking for an oral alternative to the topical skin treatment known
as Revolution.

I would like to treat a feral cat for fleas (at least) and as many other
things as possible while I'm at it. I know that there are oral forms of
these treatments, but I don't know their brand names or what
spacifically they treat or prevent (I'm not looking for the identity of
specific drugs that treat, say, tape worms like milbemax). I'm looking
for oral, prophylactic treatments (or a combination of treatments) for
fleas, mites, ticks, worms, parasites, etc.

And while I'm on the topic, is it true that Revolution does not
effectively treat ticks? If so, is there any prophylactic, topical or
oral treatment that does?
Old November 4th 09, 04:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats
cybercat

"Cat Guy" wrote in message ...
I believe there are some feline flea, worm and parasite treatments that
can be added to food.

Don't try to treat any animal that has not been seen by a vet. If you care
about the cat, trap it or contact a trap, neuter, spay group that will trap
it and take it to the vet.

Old November 4th 09, 10:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats
Kelly Greene

"Cat Guy" wrote in message ...
I believe there are some feline flea, worm and parasite treatments that
can be added to food.

I'm looking for an oral alternative to the topical skin treatment known
as Revolution.

I would like to treat a feral cat for fleas (at least) and as many other
things as possible while I'm at it. I know that there are oral forms of
these treatments, but I don't know their brand names or what
spacifically they treat or prevent (I'm not looking for the identity of
specific drugs that treat, say, tape worms like milbemax). I'm looking
for oral, prophylactic treatments (or a combination of treatments) for
fleas, mites, ticks, worms, parasites, etc.

And while I'm on the topic, is it true that Revolution does not
effectively treat ticks? If so, is there any prophylactic, topical or
oral treatment that does?

May I suggest you call an Animal Shelter or Veterinary clinic and ask them.
They would know the answer and perhaps even sell you what you need.

Old November 5th 09, 12:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats
Bill Graham

"Cat Guy" wrote in message ...
I believe there are some feline flea, worm and parasite treatments that
can be added to food.

I'm looking for an oral alternative to the topical skin treatment known
as Revolution.

I would like to treat a feral cat for fleas (at least) and as many other
things as possible while I'm at it. I know that there are oral forms of
these treatments, but I don't know their brand names or what
spacifically they treat or prevent (I'm not looking for the identity of
specific drugs that treat, say, tape worms like milbemax). I'm looking
for oral, prophylactic treatments (or a combination of treatments) for
fleas, mites, ticks, worms, parasites, etc.

And while I'm on the topic, is it true that Revolution does not
effectively treat ticks? If so, is there any prophylactic, topical or
oral treatment that does?

Having done this with a feral cat, my advice is to trap the cat, and give
him/her to a vet for the primary treatment.....That way the cat can be given
shots and specific treatment for the common diseases that are prevalent in
such animals. Have the cat neutered while you are at it, or it will contract
FIV which is a real loser among wild animals. It will domesticate much more
easily after neutering, too.

Old November 5th 09, 01:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats
Cat Guy

Why can't I just get an answer to these simple questions:

1) what is eqivalent to Revolution, but in oral form?

2) is it true that Revolution is not effective against ticks?
Old November 5th 09, 02:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats
Dragoman

Cat Guy wrote:
Why can't I just get an answer to these simple questions:

1) what is eqivalent to Revolution, but in oral form?

2) is it true that Revolution is not effective against ticks?

Maybe because nobody knows? I don't know the answers either, otherwise
I'd have told you.
Old November 5th 09, 04:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats
cyberpurrs

"Cat Guy" wrote in message ...
Why can't I just get an answer to these simple questions:

1) what is eqivalent to Revolution, but in oral form?

2) is it true that Revolution is not effective against ticks?

Because you are asking these questions in Usenet instead of at the vet you
STUPID MOTHER****ER.

Anything else I can help you with?

Old November 5th 09, 12:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
---MIKE---

Cat Guy asked:

I believe there are some feline flea,
worm and parasite treatments that can
be added to food.

I'm looking for an oral alternative to the
topical skin treatment known as
Revolution.

The only treatment that I know of is called "Program". It doesn't kill
fleas but prevents their eggs from producing.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old November 5th 09, 12:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats
Spider[_3_]

"Cat Guy" wrote in message ...
I believe there are some feline flea, worm and parasite treatments that
can be added to food.

I'm looking for an oral alternative to the topical skin treatment known
as Revolution.

I would like to treat a feral cat for fleas (at least) and as many other
things as possible while I'm at it. I know that there are oral forms of
these treatments, but I don't know their brand names or what
spacifically they treat or prevent (I'm not looking for the identity of
specific drugs that treat, say, tape worms like milbemax). I'm looking
for oral, prophylactic treatments (or a combination of treatments) for
fleas, mites, ticks, worms, parasites, etc.

And while I'm on the topic, is it true that Revolution does not
effectively treat ticks? If so, is there any prophylactic, topical or
oral treatment that does?

I am in the UK and use an on-line animal medication service. For some
treatments, you will need a prescription; for many, you will not. Try this
link:

www.petmeds.co.uk

Whilst visiting this site (in your interest), I saw a treatment called
'Capstar' which treats fleas orally. There may be other products.
Certainly, there is a facility for asking questions.

If you are in the US or elsewhere in the world, there may be a company
nearer home that you'd rather use, so try googling and see what comes up.
Otherwise, follow some of the helpful advice you were given and contact a
vet or animal rescue shelter.

Spider

Old November 5th 09, 01:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.pets.cats
Cat Guy

cyberpurrs wrote:

Why can't I just get an answer to these simple questions:

1) what is eqivalent to Revolution, but in oral form?

2) is it true that Revolution is not effective against ticks?

Because you are asking these questions in Usenet instead of at the
vet you STUPID MOTHER****ER.

Is there a rule that says that internet users can't be intelligent and
have the answers to those questions you ****ing asswipe?

Anything else I can help you with?

Yea. You can **** off and die you piece of horse ****.