Road trip

Old January 15th 04, 06:30 PM
Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Silvercat Mahoney

Default Road trip

I'm glad I took the time to install a PA system in the RV while we were
partying back in Oklahoma...

picks up microphone

Attention all kitties: We are now heading westbound on Route 66, getting
close to the end of the road. There on the left you'll see the San
Bernardino Santa Fe railroad yard. My male human's grandfather used to
work there as a blacksmith. Here, and few miles further on, if you look
out the windows on the right side, you'll see Rialto's historic Wigwam
Motel. Those funny teepee shaped buildings have been there for a long,
long time.

Now we're passing through Fontana (where Kaiser Steel used to have a big
steel mill), and into Rancho Cucamonga (where they have a big baseball
stadium called the Epicenter), and on to Upland and Claremont and Pomona.

Now here is the city of Azusa. This was the first city in the US to
which honey bees were imported (back in 1874).

This here is the city of Monrovia. That building there is the Aztec
Hotel. It was built in the 20's and modeled on Aztec and Mayan architecture.

That big place off to the right is the Santa Anita Racetrack, in the
city of Arcadia. It's been there since 1934.

Next we go through South Pasadena. This is where the Rose Parade is held
every New Year's Day. That building there, at Mission Street and Fair
Oaks Avenue, is the Fair Oaks Pharmacy and Soda Fountain. We just might
teleport back there for a little bit when we get to Santa Monica!

Nexgt we drive through Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, and Century City.
Then we finally reach the city of Santa Monica!

Here we are, at Ocean Blvd. Look out the windshield - that's Santa
Monica Pier! Since we're special (after all, how many RVs are driven by
kitties?) we'll just park right there on the pier.

Lays on the horn to get the humans to move out of the way

We'll park right here, underneath the famous Santa Monica Pier sign (the
one shown at the top of
http://www.santa-monica.org/resource_mgmt/pier/). Ok, kitties - we're
here! Let's go explore the sights here at the pier, then we'll come back
here and party and dance. Sir TV, would you like to escort me out onto
the pier? There are some very interesting places to eat out there...

Cleopatra

Old January 15th 04, 07:58 PM
Sylvia M.

Ho Boy, da oshun!!!
Datz weer awl da fysheez live!!!

Dyna, running towardz da waddur

"Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Silvercat Mahoney" wrote in
message ...

Old January 16th 04, 02:25 AM
Tabitha \Fluffybutt\ Kitten

snip
here! Let's go explore the sights here at the pier, then we'll come back
here and party and dance. Sir TV, would you like to escort me out onto
the pier? There are some very interesting places to eat out there...

Cleopatra

a timid, tiny black kitten slowly and cautiously sticks her nose out
the door

Dere's lotza people here. Lotz and lotz.

What's dat I smell? Is dat shrimps? Deep fried shrimps? And squidfish?
And salmonfish?

Hey, Lilith kitten - I seez a furry narrow space behind dat row of
restaurants. Looks like a place where a couple of little kitties could
run wifout being seen and could hide and could get to de back doors of
the places wif fishies. You wanna go check it out wif me? In fact, iffen
you wantz to just hide in the narrow space I'd even do de running into
the restaurants to get our fud.

Tabitha Kitten

Old January 16th 04, 09:31 AM
Miss Violette

TV is entralled at his friend's knoweledge and when she is finished he hops
down anna holds open the door so the can 'splore and snack