food dangers

Old March 19th 04, 12:19 AM
Hopitus2

LOL....maybe we have *two* Doofus States, east and west. I'm way down in the
"congested" area (almost as congested as Oakland, same godawful car
insurance premiums) near Fort Lauderdale. As I had told Britta, when she was
planning to vacation near here, same time period you mention, I will not be
in this area then.
Could the town your sis moved to be Port St. Lucie, Ft. Pierce, or Vero
Beach? Those are about an hour north of PB.

"Yoj" wrote in message
hlink.net...
: wrote in message
: ...
: Kreisleriana wrote:
:
: When I go down there, it's usually in the middle of the NYC winter,
: and I arrive as crabby as could be. In about ten minutes, I'm on
: the
: patio with a mojito, watching the geckos, and feeling no pain at
: all.
:
:
: I recommend more mojitos!
:
: I recommend more Florida patios! (I don't drink - not very much,
: any more. I just get sleepy and cranky, like a 2-year-old who hasn't
: had her nap. No fun at all!)
:
: I'm going to be going there myself, April 4-12, to visit my family.
: They *all* live there. Even the young ones. (Well, the young-*ish*
: ones - the youngest person from my immediate family is 43.) We're
: from the Boston area originally, but nobody liked Massachusetts
: weather. They all moved south, and I moved west.
:
: One of my sisters lives on the east coast, about an hour's drive north
: of Palm Beach Cty. She just moved there, so I don't remember the name
: of the town. She found Boynton Beach, where she last lived, "too
: congested".
: That cracks me up - it's so sprawled out compared to where I live!
:
: Then we'll visit the rest of the clan up north - my mom, dad, other
: sister, and other sister's progeny all live in the Daytona area.
:
: This probably doesn't mean much to most of you reading this, but I
: thought Hopitus and others familiar with the former Doofus State might
: be interested.
:
: Joyce - in the current Doofus State
:
: I assume you're the Doofus State that has Der Gropenfuhrer for a
: Governor? So am I, but I'm a native.
:
: Joy
:
:

Old March 19th 04, 10:04 AM

Yoj wrote:

I assume you're the Doofus State that has Der Gropenfuhrer for a
Governor? So am I, but I'm a native.

That'd be the state. But isn't it even *worse* to be a native? Or do
you think the Doofosity factor comes mostly from us latecomers? (I
can't claim that I have never done anything Doofus-like, but voting
for "Der Gropenfuhrer" wasn't one of them!)

Joyce
Old March 19th 04, 10:05 AM

Hopitus2 wrote:

I will not be in this area then.

Oh, too bad! Where will you be?

Could the town your sis moved to be Port St. Lucie, Ft. Pierce, or Vero
Beach? Those are about an hour north of PB.

Port St Lucie sounds vaguely familiar, that might be it.

Joyce
Old March 20th 04, 11:12 PM
Jette Goldie

"Hopitus2" wrote in message
news
LOL....maybe we have *two* Doofus States, east and west. I'm way down in

the
"congested" area (almost as congested as Oakland, same godawful car
insurance premiums) near Fort Lauderdale. As I had told Britta, when she

was
planning to vacation near here, same time period you mention, I will not

be
in this area then.
Could the town your sis moved to be Port St. Lucie, Ft. Pierce, or Vero
Beach? Those are about an hour north of PB.

I'm going to be in Orlando first week in April and
Fort Lauderdale the following week. Looking forward
to some sunshine!!

So, should I watch out for senior citizens angrily waving
their canes at the food outlets?

--
Jette
"Work for Peace and remain Fiercely Loving" - Jim Byrnes

http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Old March 21st 04, 12:19 AM
Hopitus2

ROFL! No, I have just one piece of advice for you to avoid geezer mayhem of
any kind: any place you either read in an ad OR see in window of
establishment these words:
EARLY BIRD SPECIALS do *not* repeat *not* go in, no matter how reasonable
the posted prices therein. You should do great following this rule in either
locale. Don't forget your sunscreen......don't wanna look like a turista.

"Jette Goldie" wrote in message
:
: "Hopitus2" wrote in message
: news : LOL....maybe we have *two* Doofus States, east and west. I'm way down in
[...]
: --

Old March 21st 04, 02:40 AM

Jette Goldie wrote:

I'm going to be in Orlando first week in April and
Fort Lauderdale the following week. Looking forward
to some sunshine!!
So, should I watch out for senior citizens angrily waving
their canes at the food outlets?

I don't know about canes, but definitely stay out of the way of any
who are behind the wheel of an automobile! Now that's really frightening.

Joyce
Old March 21st 04, 04:43 AM
Hopitus2

Native's tip for avoiding bodily injury or worse from source mentioned by
Joyce: if you see what appears to be a vehicle (usually but not guaranteed a
Buick, Olds, Caddy or Lincoln)
"driving itself" with no visible driver behind wheel, *or* tiny little head
just visible Below level of steering wheel, it's NOT a child driver, but the
most feared local threat on wheels. Avoid close proximity any way possible.

wrote in message
:

Old March 21st 04, 08:54 AM
Grinder

Kreisleriana wrote in message . ..
On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 02:28:22 -0500, "Hopitus2"
yodeled:

No, the "bars" are simply *popular* on elders living on small incomes;
didn't mean to single them out as sole offenders re "food-handling",
"germ-spreading", etc. I meant the stupid health dept./restaurants seem to
believe that some kind of horizontal chest-level barricade keeps the food
free of any sort of contamination! No, didn't hear about "salad bar brawl"
of seniors......the ones in my near area punch each other out while
insulting each other waiting in line at "early-bird" movies amidst the
retirement homes here. A geezer knocked another one down, busting his head
open and killing him, after the deceased's old lady snarled at the puncher
to hurry it up getting his change out at the box office. Now dead geezer's
widow (snarler) is sueing not only puncher geezer, but the *movie house* for
not providing armed guards to protect the demented old people from each
other......top that with "salad bar brawls", Sherry.

I heard about both. My dad is in South Florida, and I hear about all
the stuff that goes on down there-- I was down there when the
punching geezer had his mistrial.
It's always a head-scratcher for me why there are so many people down
there spoiling for a fight-- especially, if you'll excuse the
expression, the geezers-- at places like salad bars and movie
theaters. For me it's a living example of how people can manage to
make things as easy and effortless as they can possibly be, and still
be a pain in the @ss.

It's really pretty plain why this sort of thing occurs. Many of the
retirees are, not to put too fine a point on it, obnoxious Yankees
from New York and New Jersey. You can get a mild idea of what they
are like from the Seinfeld episodes where he visited the condo in
Florida that his parents lived in.

As a friend of mine who grew up in Jupiter Florida (before it became
the second home to billionaires) said, they bitch about how hot it is,
how they don't have any friends because all their friends are living
back home in New Jersey, how slow the service is at the restaurants
(apparently to justify their common practice of stiffing the waitstaff
by leaving absurdly small tips or not tipping at all), and how
everything was just so much better back in New Jersey/New York, yada,
yada, yada, bitch, bitch, bitch, yet they stubbornly refuse to return
to the paradise from whence they came.

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)

Old March 21st 04, 11:06 AM
Hopitus2

Thank you, dude, for revealing the truth that I restrained myself carefully
from posting, trying to keep rpca a friendly, non-combative, non-judgemental
discussion atmosphere, and flame-free. The folks you out-and-out name do
not, in their dotage, flock to the state I'm planning to move to before
long.......bada** cold winters there, which I will have to get used to, but
the entire state's population is less than the present total pop. of my
hometown, and the average resident age is 34. To each his own.

"Grinder" wrote in message
om...
. ..
: alt.tv.frasier FAQ: http://www.im-listening.net/FAQ/
:
: Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
: claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply
disgraceful.
: (Aldous Huxley)

Can Cats Eat Dog Food? JHBennett Cat anecdotes 31 January 29th 05 09:42 AM
pet food recall Lydia Cat anecdotes 1 October 27th 03 09:43 PM
Feeding dilemma Yoj Cat anecdotes 11 August 24th 03 11:48 PM
Raiders of the Large Tub of Kitten Food Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 4 August 11th 03 07:29 AM