Does your cat suffer from kitty depression?

Old March 23rd 04, 01:57 PM
Kreisleriana

Default Does your cat suffer from kitty depression?

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 10:49:45 GMT, O J yodeled:

Hi All,

I found this service while I was web browsing. The URL for their
home page is: http://home.earthlink.net/~cacltd/

This is from their home page:

---------------------pasted text follows----------------------
Experts have always been baffled by the causes of feline depression.
Sadly, even today, they are no closer to an answer. As a result,
millions of cats suffer needlessly. But here at Confuse A Cat, Ltd. we
can cure feline depression. Our extensive research into the feline
psyche has revealed the secret.

That's an old Monty Python sketch.

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)
Old March 23rd 04, 04:24 PM

Kreisleriana wrote:

Experts have always been baffled by the causes of feline depression.
Sadly, even today, they are no closer to an answer. As a result,
millions of cats suffer needlessly. But here at Confuse A Cat, Ltd. we
can cure feline depression. Our extensive research into the feline
psyche has revealed the secret.

That's an old Monty Python sketch.

Yes, and I've always wondered - what exactly do they *do* to confuse the
cats?

Joyce - my cats are usually confused anyway
Old March 24th 04, 02:24 AM
Yowie

wrote in message
Kreisleriana wrote:

Experts have always been baffled by the causes of feline depression.
Sadly, even today, they are no closer to an answer. As a result,
millions of cats suffer needlessly. But here at Confuse A Cat, Ltd. we
can cure feline depression. Our extensive research into the feline
psyche has revealed the secret.

That's an old Monty Python sketch.

Yes, and I've always wondered - what exactly do they *do* to confuse the
cats?

A) Take a shower.Why would anyone expose themselves to al those mean nast
evil wadder-monsters *voluntarily*?.
B) Like the dog. 'nuff said
C) Eat vegetables. Why on earth would any self resepcting cat eat
vegetables?
D) Do that strange bouncy-bouncy thing in bed with the other hoomin. What on
earth are they doing, and why don't they like me joining in?
E) Make the red bug go under the door - why doens't it come out the other
side?

There are plenty of ways to confuse a cat....

Yowie

Old March 24th 04, 06:44 AM

Kreisleriana wrote:

Funny costumes, mostly. Napoleon, Long John Silver. Penguins.
Pretty much like what I always do.
Here's a transcription of the sketch:
http://orangecow.org/pythonet/sketches/confuse.htm

Wow, after reading that, *I* am confused!

Joyce
Old March 24th 04, 06:47 AM

Yowie wrote:

D) Do that strange bouncy-bouncy thing in bed with the other hoomin.
What on earth are they doing, and why don't they like me joining in?

A friend of mine likes to say that they're not interested in "primate
games".

There are plenty of ways to confuse a cat....

Blow soap bubbles at them. Pounce! Hey, where did it go???

Joyce
Old March 24th 04, 04:15 PM
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:12:24 GMT, O J yodeled:

On Wed, 24 Mar, Theresa wrote:

When it was raining or snowing, my uncle's cat Cicero used to look out
the front door, then go around to the back door, and cry to be let out
there, as if the weather was going to be better there. And when it
snows here, Stinky always has to look at it from both upstairs and
downstairs to make sure it's snowing there, too.

Theresa

One of Robert Heinlein's (the science fiction author) best stories
was about a man with a cat. It was called, "The Door Into Summer."

Regards,
O J

Yes, that's a lovely story-- the same idea.

Old March 25th 04, 06:43 PM
Tanada

Kreisleriana wrote:

Blow soap bubbles at them. Pounce! Hey, where did it go???

Joyce

Stinky, who is ordinarily the soul of nonchalance, is terrified of
bubbles. Big sissy. :P

Don't you know that greeblings can hide in soap bubbles? They're very
sneaky and don't always hide in them, but even one greebling is one
greebling too many, the problem is figuring out which bubbles the
greeblings are hiding in. It's a very complex issue and my cats tell me
that the only way to be sure is to look confused and then pounce on all
of them. Stinky, apparently, is not into hunting bubble greeblings,
which is not for every cat.

Pam S.

kitty vs puss Brenda Cat anecdotes 30 January 26th 04 04:28 PM
"Bad kitty" warnings? Singer709 Cat anecdotes 3 January 11th 04 05:58 PM
Please purr for Little Black Kitty RB lewe Cat anecdotes 16 December 8th 03 10:56 PM
The Stray Kitty. (VERY LONG) Flippy Cat anecdotes 24 November 9th 03 09:48 PM
Kitty Walk! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 17 October 24th 03 12:46 PM