Skeeter has been taking lessons

Old September 6th 04, 01:33 PM
Yowie

Default Skeeter has been taking lessons

Forwarded from Joy (Yoj):

I think Skeeter has been taking b*stard cat lessons from Schmogg! Since she
was diagnosed with renal failure, I've paid a lot more attention to where
she is all the time. My cats are indoor-outdoor, and generally stay in my
yard. In fact, Skeeter usually stays in the back yard during the day. She
loves to lie in the sun if it isn't too hot, or in the shade if it is.

She spent most of today in the back yard. Every so often I'd take her out a
little food, slightly warmed in the microwave. She actually ate some of it.
I don't think she ate a thing yesterday, so I felt better. She would lie in
one spot for a couple of hours, then move a few feet away.

This evening, about 6:00 or so, I looked for her and couldn't find her. I
did a cursory look of the house, yard and garage, and decided she was
probably hiding in the garage. There are quite a few hiding places in
there.

About an hour ago, I decided I had to find her. I searched the back yard
and garage thoroughly, and was convinced she was neither place. I then
began a thorough search of the house, beginning with the kitchen and working
my way toward my bedroom, looking under beds and in various other possible
hiding places. I knew that after I checked my room and didn't find her, I'd
have to go look out in front, although I really didn't think she had the
strength to jump the fence. As you can imagine, I was getting pretty
frantic.

I turned on the bedroom light, and she was lying on my bed. All that time I
was desperately searching, she was on my bed all the time. I don't know how
she sneaked past me, but she did.

Tell Schmogg to lay off the lessons, okay? ;-)

Feel free to post this on rpca. I can read, but I still can't post.
Several people are trying to help me, but with no luck yet. My son and
son-in-law are both programmers, and they will be over tomorrow, so maybe
one of them can solve the problem.

Please pass along my purrs and prayers for those in the path of Francis and
everyone else who needs them.

Purrs,
Joy

---

Old September 6th 04, 04:32 PM
Cheryl

Forwarded from Joy (Yoj):

I think Skeeter has been taking b*stard cat lessons from
Schmogg! Since she was diagnosed with renal failure, I've paid
a lot more attention to where she is all the time. My cats are
indoor-outdoor, and generally stay in my yard. In fact, Skeeter
usually stays in the back yard during the day. She loves to lie
in the sun if it isn't too hot, or in the shade if it is.

She spent most of today in the back yard. Every so often I'd
take her out a little food, slightly warmed in the microwave.
She actually ate some of it. I don't think she ate a thing
yesterday, so I felt better. She would lie in one spot for a
couple of hours, then move a few feet away.

This evening, about 6:00 or so, I looked for her and couldn't
find her. I

snip

I turned on the bedroom light, and she was lying on my bed. All
that time I was desperately searching, she was on my bed all the
time. I don't know how she sneaked past me, but she did.

Scary!! Shadow did that to me one time when he was going through
one of his sick times. I had come home late one night and he didn't
greet me like usual. I frantically searched for him and found him
an hour later on a chair downstairs that was facing the wall
(swivel chair) and he was drooling and very sick. I was even
calling for him outside in case he'd gotten out somehow. They sure
can scare us sometimes!!

--
Cheryl

Old September 6th 04, 07:32 PM
Yoj

"Cheryl" wrote in message

[...]

Yes, they can!

I'm finally back in business, as far as newsgroups are concerned.

Yesterday I gave Skeeter her medicine at 9 AM. Then I couldn't find her
for seven hours! I had had the garage door open briefly, and was afraid
she might have gotten out in front. I was sure she wouldn't have
strength enough to jump the fence into the back yard to get back in the
house, so I left the garage door open for several hours. Finally,
around 4 PM, my kids came over, and my daughter found her! I was so
relieved, and, of course, I immediately shut the garage door. Lindy has
been known to go next door, but Skeeter doesn't normally leave the yard.
However, since she's sick I was afraid she might be confused and either
get lost or wander out in the street. Anyway, she was okay.

My daughter, who has been through CRF with two cats, helped me give her
an infusion. I'll have to try it on my own tomorrow. I hope I can do
it. Otherwise, I'll have to take her to the vet three times a week,
which will be traumatic for both of us, not to mention expensive.

She did seem to feel better after the infusion. She voluntarily jumped
up into my lap about 15 minutes after the infusion, and purred as soon
as I touched her. She spent the night on my bed. The night before she
had left fairly early. I'm taking it one day at a time, but it's tough.
Between worrying about where she is, giving her medicine five times a
day, trying to get her to eat, and infusion three times a week, I'm
feeling a bit frazzled. I have to remind myself that there are other
things going on, and I have to be involved with some of them.

Thanks again for all the purrs and good thoughts.

Joy

Old September 6th 04, 10:59 PM
polonca12000

Welcome back, Joy! Lots of purrs and best wishes for Skeeter to continue
feeling better and gentle calming hugs for you, Joy,
--
Polonca & Soncek

om...

Old September 7th 04, 12:38 PM
Adrian

Yoj wrote:
SNIP
Thanks again for all the purrs and good thoughts.

Joy

Still purring for Skeeter, and I'm very glad you're able to post again.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.