Abandoned cats in Northridge home...

Old February 28th 09, 02:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
warl

Default Abandoned cats in Northridge home...

On December 24, 2008 a fellow animal rescuer friend of mine died of
cancer...on her death bed she asked her ex-husband to please call Kris
Kelly to save her babies. I got the dreaded call the day after
Christmas. I went to the Northridge home the very next day. To my
surprise there were 80 ++ cats at the home. About 40 inside and 40
outside.

I have been feeding the cats ever since. With the help of Erica Hagen
and Robin Olin all of the inside cats have been trapped and brought to
Century Vet on Venice Blvd where they are now being housed and
medically treated. My hat goes off to Stephanie Babcock for all of her
work and for being the smartest Vech Tech in the world. She found that
two of the cats had polyps in their noses and had them taken
out...nobody understood why they had cronic uri but Stephanie figured
it out.

The outside cats are being trapped slowly and brought to be spayed/
neutered, FIV tested, given shots and deworm and brought to various
backyards. We still have another 30 cats to go....

We are building a facility for the outdoor cats to go to in the Valley
until we can find a place for them to live for the remainder of their
lives.

We need funds to pay Century Vet, keep buying the food to feed the
outdoor cats that remain at the home, and to build the cat house...

This has been one of The Kris Kelly Foundation's largest rescue at one
time but we know we can do it...but we cannot do it without your help.
I know times are tough but no donation is to small.

You can make donation through http://www.fundable.com/groupactions...-28.4031034861

You can also send a check to:

The Kris Kelly Foundation
9903 Santa Monica Blvd
Suite 474
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Phone: (310) 989-8800

Thank you for your time and caring about the cats that were left at
the lonely house in Northridge.
Love,
Kris Kelly
Old February 28th 09, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
meOwy

You can make donation throughhttp://www.fundable.com/groupactions/groupaction.2009-02-28.4031034861

You can also send a check to:

The Kris Kelly Foundation
9903 Santa Monica Blvd
Suite 474
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Phone: (310) 989-8800

Thank you for your time and caring about the cats that were left at
the lonely house in Northridge.
Love,
Kris Kelly

Dis story make tears enn mommeez eyes n she sez will send $ fur fancee
feest (dat iss all i eet udderwise hurks). or she sez u can feed dem
udder tings too. uss tank u fur helping fur frenz.

meOwy&mymommee
Old February 28th 09, 08:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred[_2_]

I'm suspicious. Do we know if this story is true?

Fred

--
Peace,
Fred
Old February 28th 09, 08:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Just emailed her to check it out. Most times they are true but I got taken
once so it is better to be safe that sorry. No one should mind you checking
something out if it is as it says.

Old February 28th 09, 09:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
meOwy

meOwy wrote:

On Feb 28, 6:10 am, warl wrote:
[...]

(Remove FFFf from my email address to reply by email).- Hide quoted text -

Welf, heer is th scoop fwum the Wuffington Wag:

http://wuffingtonwag.com/pack/featur...ly-foundation/

Old February 28th 09, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

These are wonderful things that people can do. Our shelters around here are
getting more animals all the time. It seems that one cost cutting many can
do it get rid of their pets. There are purebreds and just cats and dogs
people took to care for but now feel they can no longer afford. I would bet
hat many of you have local shelters that are the same way.

Old March 1st 09, 06:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Lucy[_3_]

The Kris Kelly Foundation is reputable and well known in California.

http://www.adoptapet.com/adoption_rescue/76637.html

http://www.thekriskellyfoundation.org/

http://www.care2.com/animalsheltercontest/76637

Old March 1st 09, 07:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia M

Just to let you know....it wasn't MY house.

Antee Sylvia (also in Northridge)