Lab results in Hyperthyroidism?

Old February 12th 05, 05:43 PM
ElvisRocks

Thanks. I don't know exactly what thyroid tests they did - they just said
it was a really complete
blood profile and urinalysis - it cost $120. I'm still waiting for
results - they're in but
my vet is with patients 'til 2:30 so I have to call back then. I'm a wreck!

--
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!
"Phil P." wrote in message
nk.net...

"ElvisRocks" wrote in message
My cat was just tested yesterday for everything but they suspect
hyperthyroidism. He has a heart rate of 280+!!!
Gone from 10 lbs. to 6 lbs., eats alot, pees alot, drinks alot, fur

unkempt.
Every symptom.
He was checked in Oct. 04 for everything and he had a very severe kidney
infection, followed by an URI - my vet said
his normal T4 numbers could have been supressed by the infections in his
body in October thru December.

Have your cat's thyroid function retested by the free T4 by equilibrium
dialysis (fT4ED) assay.
fT4ED is the most accurate way to measure fT4. Its more sensitive in
assessing thyroid function in sick cats where the T4 may be depressed by
other diseases. fT4ED is less affected by concurrent diseases because the
blood sample is dialysed before its assayed.

The fT4ED assay costs $20 -$25 and should be run at the same time as a
routine fT4.

Hyperthyroidism affects every cell in the body, which makes diagnosing and
treating other problems very difficult.

Phil