Spayed Female in Heat! Help!

Old February 11th 05, 11:03 PM
KellyH

Default Spayed Female in Heat! Help!

wrote in message
I have two rescue cats, sister, now 10 months old. They were spayed 4
months ago by the rescue group.

Now the smallest has gone into full estrus!!!

It's taken a few days for me to realize this (almost constant
crying!), but today there is no doubt. She is lovey, seductive,
posturing before her sister, and has a slight vaginal discharge.

Has ANYONE heard of this???

Take her to the vet to confirm that it is indeed heat. I have heard of this
happening when a piece of ovary is left behind after a spay.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

Old February 13th 05, 08:24 PM
Mary

wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 05:19:23 GMT, "Mary"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:40:48 -0800, wrote:

How big is your place? Can't you put her in a room with her
box and toys and food and water, far from where you sleep?
Put a fan or Hepa filter near your bed to help drown out
her cries? Or is there something besides the noise bothering you?

I live in a very small apartment. I don't have a room to put her in.
I have tried twice to isolate her in the bathroom, but she got so
indignant that the howling increased by 100%; not to mention it
actually seemed to 'echo' in there. LOL. Plus then her sister got
really concerned.

I had to let her out as my neighbors would not tolerate such noise and
would be on the phone to the manager!

Other than the noise is the prob of her lying in the floor, posturing,
etc, IN FRONT OF MY WHEELCHAIR, and she WON'T MOVE!!! And I mean, she
won't move!!! (This is not her normal behavior.) Even a spritz of
water from a bottle won't budge her. I either have to reach down and
grab her and physically move her, or stick out a foot and use it as a
gentle as I can, prod. Makes 'getting around' more than a little
difficult. Luckily, she will (unlike her sister), ride around on my
lap...

The yowling, posturing episodes seem to be getting further apart and
not lasting as long. (I hope). She slept all night last night, with
her sister, at the bottom of my bed.

Jeeze...

lol! They really are obnoxious, aren't they. You poor thing. Hope it
is over soon. You are guaranteed to adore the New Improved
GE Heatless Cat!

Old February 14th 05, 03:56 AM
Rhonda

We had took in a pregnant stray, who went into heat about 6 weeks after
giving birth. The worst of it lasted about a week, but she was obviously
in heat at least the next week (just not as miserable.) When we took her
in for a spay the 3rd week, the vet said she was still in heat.

So, don't know how most last, but Maggie was at least 3 weeks.

Rhonda

wrote:

Now could someone PLEASE tell me how long THIS estrus cycle is likely
to last???