I'm such a meanie

Old February 17th 08, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default I'm such a meanie

I'm sure Christina Websell will yell at me for this one.

Licky was napping on my bed, and he looked so sweet that I had to
join him. It took me quite a while to get him to come over right next
to me. First, just as he was about to come over to me, he got his claw
stuck in the comforter, which caused him to get all flustered, so he
went and cuddled down near my feet instead. That was cute, he kept
leaning his head into my ankles and purring as I scratched the base
of his tail. But I still wanted him up near my face, so I called him
several times and patted the bed gently. Finally, he turned around and
came up to cuddle right in front of me, purring loudly.

First I scratched him on top of his head. He loves that, and he tilts
his head upward, with his eyes closed and mouth slightly open. Also, he
pulls down his lower lip so you can see the entire lower row of his
teeth. He looked so ecstatic.

We continued like that for a while, and I petted him elsewhere as well,
massaging the back of his neck, and running my hand down his back. He
purred away. Every time I came back to scratching the top of his head,
he did his head-tilted-upward and mouth-open routine, each time a bit
more intensely. About the 3rd or 4th time around, his mouth was open
fairly wide and it occurred to me that he looked very silly. I had a
sudden urge to laugh, but I suppressed it. *This was a mistake.* You
know how it is when you want to laugh and you're not supposed to. The
pressure started building up.

Suddenly I burst into involuntary laughter, sending him scurrying away.
I sincerely do not believe he was offended by being laughed at. He was
startled by the sudden explosion of noise coming from his source of calm
and pleasure. He stopped on his way out of the room to stare at me in
utter shock, and then ran off. I got up and came out into the living
room, just in time to see him slip behind the big stuffed recliner, one
of his favorite hiding places.

I'm such a mean mommy!!

Joyce
--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old February 17th 08, 11:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
\STEELER\

my little hemi was sitting here reading this with me shaking his little
head. he wants to know why you would embarrass you little kitty like that?

Old February 17th 08, 11:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"\"STEELER\"" wrote:

my little hemi was sitting here reading this with me shaking his little
head. he wants to know why you would embarrass you little kitty like that?

You did not see the little row of bottom teeth and wide open mouth. If only
I had a picture of that.

Joyce

PS - I really, really don't think he was embarrassed. He's too skittish
for things like embarrassment. I really think it was the sudden explosion
of air coming out of my mouth that horrified him.
Old February 18th 08, 04:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

bast...
"\"STEELER\"" my little hemi was sitting here reading this with me
shaking his little
head. he wants to know why you would embarrass you little kitty like
that?

You did not see the little row of bottom teeth and wide open mouth. If
only
I had a picture of that.

LOL...I can imagine that....

Joyce

PS - I really, really don't think he was embarrassed. He's too skittish
for things like embarrassment. I really think it was the sudden explosion
of air coming out of my mouth that horrified him.

LOL...

Kyla

Old February 18th 08, 06:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
[...]

It's not me you have to worry about, Joyce! I just told KittyFC that her
handsome toyboy was mocked by his meowmie..I can see a sort of frown on her
face ;-)
She sez you norty, don't deserve such a wonderful boy and just wait til she
teleports over again! She's gonna wee-wee in your bed.

Tweed

Old February 18th 08, 08:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
\STEELER\

I LOVE IT. LOL
this ng is such a hoot!!!

Old February 19th 08, 03:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

It's not me you have to worry about, Joyce!

That's true. It's who you are channeling that scares me.

I just told KittyFC that her handsome toyboy was mocked by his
meowmie..I can see a sort of frown on her face ;-)
She sez you norty, don't deserve such a wonderful boy and just wait til she
teleports over again! She's gonna wee-wee in your bed.

But... but, I didn't do it on purpose! I tried not to laugh, really I did.
It just suddenly burst out of me. You had to see his open mouth and little
row of bottom teeth to understand just how silly and amusing he looked.

But I do feel bad about it, because he has barely allowed me to touch
him since then. I think it really upset him. And I'd finally gotten him
to lie against me and accept petting while in some place other than in
front of the computer (which up to now has been the only place he'll
cuddle with me). I think I took several steps backward with that outburst!

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old February 19th 08, 03:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Just remember, KFC, Joyce is a mere hoomin, you can't expect her to live up
to the high standards of a superior feline like yourself. So please don't
wee-wee in her bed.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old February 19th 08, 07:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Adrian wrote:

Just remember, KFC, Joyce is a mere hoomin, you can't expect her to live up
to the high standards of a superior feline like yourself. So please don't
wee-wee in her bed.

Thank you, Adrian! After all, the time spent changing the sheets and
cleaning up is time wasted that could be spent trying to win back
Licky's trust.

Joyce

PS - He came into the computer room last night and cuddled with me for
about a half hour, which means, at least, that he's no longer too scared
to go near me!

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.