Devastated :(

Old February 20th 08, 03:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kate

Default Devastated :(

Meg is very ill - she has acute kidney failure.

It's been very quick - she stopped eating last night and Scott took
her to the vet this morning. They took her up to the animal hospital
for blood tests and the results are off the scales.

Scott's picking her up this afternoon so she can spend one last night
at home, and then we've got to take her to the vet in the morning for
our final act of kindness.

I've been in tears most of the day.

Kate
Old February 20th 08, 03:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Kate" wrote in message
Meg is very ill - she has acute kidney failure.

It's been very quick - she stopped eating last night and Scott took
her to the vet this morning. They took her up to the animal hospital
for blood tests and the results are off the scales.

Scott's picking her up this afternoon so she can spend one last night
at home, and then we've got to take her to the vet in the morning for
our final act of kindness.

I've been in tears most of the day.

Kate

What a sad month this has been! Unfortunately, kidney failure often seems
to come on very suddenly--- that's how it happened to my sweet Mimi. Purrs
for her and for her whole family.

Old February 20th 08, 03:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 07:42:19 -0800, Kate wrote:

Meg is very ill - she has acute kidney failure.

It seems like we've been having an awful lot of kitties leaving for the
Bridge in the last few weeks. I am very sorry, Kate. This is horribly sad,
but you are doing the most loving thing for her. You have our purrs and
prayers.

Dan
Old February 20th 08, 04:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Kate wrote:
Meg is very ill - she has acute kidney failure.

Sending purrs and prayers for everyone

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old February 20th 08, 04:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Kate wrote:
Meg is very ill - she has acute kidney failure.

It's been very quick - she stopped eating last night and Scott took
her to the vet this morning. They took her up to the animal hospital
for blood tests and the results are off the scales.

Scott's picking her up this afternoon so she can spend one last night
at home, and then we've got to take her to the vet in the morning for
our final act of kindness.

I've been in tears most of the day.

Kate

{{{{{{{{{{{{ Kate }}}}}}}}}}}}
What a terrible week it has been. Comforting purrs for you and Scott. :-(
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old February 20th 08, 05:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

We will purr and pray for Meg's comfortable
passing and safe journey to the RB. Our hearts
go out to you.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old February 20th 08, 05:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
\STEELER\

kate I am so sorry. I know there are not words that can help. I can only
say you are doing what is right by not having her suffer, but knowing that
will not make you suffer less. I only wish I could make your pain go away.
hugs to you all and also to little Meg.

Old February 20th 08, 06:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Kate" wrote in message
Meg is very ill - she has acute kidney failure.

It's been very quick - she stopped eating last night and Scott took
her to the vet this morning. They took her up to the animal hospital
for blood tests and the results are off the scales.

Scott's picking her up this afternoon so she can spend one last night
at home, and then we've got to take her to the vet in the morning for
our final act of kindness.

I've been in tears most of the day.

I'm so sorry to hear this, Kate. Purrs for your heart and for strength in
making the decision.

Tweed, Kitty Farmcat & Boyfriend. UK.

Old February 20th 08, 06:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

On Feb 20, 7:42*am, Kate wrote:
Meg is very ill - she has acute kidney failure.

It's been very quick - she stopped eating last night and Scott took
her to the vet this morning. *They took her up to the animal hospital
for blood tests and the results are off the scales.

Scott's picking her up this afternoon so she can spend one last night
at home, and then we've got to take her to the vet in the morning for
our final act of kindness.

I've been in tears most of the day.

Kate

I'm so sorry for Meg and for you and Scott, Kate. We've all been
there, having to say farewell to our beloved friends, and we know that
hurt very well. We'll be thinking of you and with you in spirit for
the next 24 hours and beyond!

(((Kate)))

Melissa
Old February 20th 08, 07:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Kate" wrote in message
Meg is very ill - she has acute kidney failure.

It's been very quick - she stopped eating last night and Scott took
her to the vet this morning. They took her up to the animal hospital
for blood tests and the results are off the scales.

Scott's picking her up this afternoon so she can spend one last night
at home, and then we've got to take her to the vet in the morning for
our final act of kindness.

I've been in tears most of the day.

Kate

I'm so very sorry. I know it's hard. Purrs on the way for an easy crossing
for Meg and to help heal the hurt of your broken hearts.

Jill