Poll - Details on your litter box setup.

Old February 4th 05, 11:52 PM
Cheryl

Default Poll - Details on your litter box setup.

On Fri 04 Feb 2005 05:38:15p, Slipslidinaway wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
):

4 cats - two adults, two littermate kittens about 5 months old.

One litterbox in my bedroom in a corner cubby. Going to bolt
plexiglass guards up on the two walls backing the box because I'm
tired of cleaning painted walls.

One litterbox in "the kittens room" - a spare bedroom with a screen
door that was their separation room but now I keep the screen on it
opened only enough for little ones to get through so I can keep dry
food out, and not have my overweight former feral get at it.

One BIG litterbox downstairs (its actually a large shallow storage
container).

I had one in the bathroom upstairs but no one used it so I removed
it.

--
Cheryl
Old February 5th 05, 12:17 AM
SJH

2 cats, 1 litter box in bathroom.

Old February 5th 05, 12:48 AM
-L.

Slipslidinaway wrote:

Two cats (ages 13 and 14), two giant litter pans, next to each other in
a large walk-in closet (not used for anything else), vinyl flooring,
paper underneath the pans, so that if someone "misses" it will be
absorbed, Precious Cat cat litter. Scooped twice daily.

-L.

Old February 5th 05, 02:45 PM
Joe Canuck

One large cat, 18 pounds. Not a fat cat, just the breed size.

One large covered litter box with charcoal filter on top. I'm not
entirely convinced the filter actually does anything.

Filled with Purina Maxx Multi-Cat Formula to within about 2 inches from
the top lip of the box. I use the Multi-Cat Formula because here it is
the same price as the single cat formula. A while back I tried several
brands of litter and found this one to be *very* low in dust.

http://www.purina.ca/products/catbox...e=maxxmulticat

The clumps are removed from the box on a regular basis... which can mean
anything from daily to every two or three days depending on how much use
the box is getting. Sometimes I will find a clump stuck to the side of
the box during cleaning, in which case I clean the reside off with a
paper towel sprayed with "Simple Solution".

The litter does not get completely changed very often, maybe every six
months. I will scoop out the clumps until the litter gets low (when I
feel that clumps will start sticking to the bottom) and then top it off
with fresh litter. Before I do that I will shuffle all the remaining
litter to one end of the box and give the sides and bottom a wipe with a
paper towel sprayed with "Simple Solution". Then when dry, shuffle all
the litter to the other end and repeat.

http://simplesolution.com/products_us/stain&odor.htm

The results with this setup have been excellent.

There is no odour in the room the box is kept in. My cat is happy with
the setup and *NEVER* goes on the floor outside the box. The only issue
is tracking of litter bits outside the box, however a quick pass of the
vacuum takes care of this.
Old February 5th 05, 02:46 PM
Alison

"Slipslidinaway" wrote in message

One spayed cat Kim and one litter tray in the computer room. She also
uses a dig over patch of earth in the garden.

Two bunnies, Troy and Sabrina and two litter trays in their room .
Alison

Old February 5th 05, 06:22 PM
Karen Chuplis

I have a new litter recommendation. I was using multi cat formula and it had
TOO much perfume (the cats smelled like it and it was strong) and lots of
dust. I switched to Arm and Hammer unscented. It truly seems MUCH more dust
free. It's more expensive, but it really seems to be unscented (I've tried
some unscented ones in the past that clearly have SOME kind of scent in
them). Seems to clump better too. So, so far, much better.

Old February 5th 05, 08:58 PM
soft

4 cats (1 maine coon so am thinking I may have to get something
bigger)
2 litter boxes both covered, 1 is round with a ramp to walk up
fresh step litter - scooped 2 times a day
sitting side by side on a large rug
under a drawing table in a quiet corner between the bathroom & a
pantry.

Karryl

Old February 5th 05, 09:08 PM
Priscilla Ballou

Three adults and one half-grown kitten (6 months) -- two litter boxes:
one jumbo covered in the downstairs loo and one large covered in the
upstairs loo; World's Best Cat Litter, erratically weeded; tolerant cats.

Priscilla

--
"It is very, very dangerous to treat any human, lowest
of the low even, with contempt and arrogant whatever.
Old February 5th 05, 09:34 PM
Mary

"Priscilla Ballou" wrote in message
Three adults and one half-grown kitten (6 months) -- two litter boxes:
one jumbo covered in the downstairs loo and one large covered in the
upstairs loo; World's Best Cat Litter, erratically weeded; tolerant cats.

Priscilla

So your cats do not mind covered boxes?

Old February 5th 05, 10:24 PM
Priscilla Ballou

In article ,
"Mary" wrote:

"Priscilla Ballou" wrote in message
Three adults and one half-grown kitten (6 months) -- two litter boxes:
one jumbo covered in the downstairs loo and one large covered in the
upstairs loo; World's Best Cat Litter, erratically weeded; tolerant cats.

So your cats do not mind covered boxes?

They seem not to care if they're covered or not. Sometimes I leave the
covers off for easier scooping, and I don't notice any difference.

Priscilla