kittens, vacuums and kookie behavior

Old February 8th 05, 12:51 AM
CK

Default kittens, vacuums and kookie behavior

Hello All! My new kitten tigger is first of all adorable, but second of
all even more adorable because he thinks he can fight and win against my
vacuum cleaner. He gets all puffy and waggles his paws, spitting and
hissing. I know he's probably frightened but it's the cutest darn thing
on the planet - or at least in my life at the moment. Should I just keep
vacuuming until he realizes the noisy monster is harmless or should I
put him in a different room when I vacuum? Don't want to traumatize him,
but don't want to spoil him either.
Old February 8th 05, 12:54 AM
Joe Canuck

CK wrote:

Hello All! My new kitten tigger is first of all adorable, but second of
all even more adorable because he thinks he can fight and win against my
vacuum cleaner. He gets all puffy and waggles his paws, spitting and
hissing. I know he's probably frightened but it's the cutest darn thing
on the planet - or at least in my life at the moment.

Ah, wait until he gets bigger... it will stop being cute.

Should I just keep
vacuuming until he realizes the noisy monster is harmless or should I
put him in a different room when I vacuum? Don't want to traumatize him,
but don't want to spoil him either.

Hey, he is mobile on four paws. If he doesn't like the vacuum he can
move himself.
Old February 8th 05, 02:14 AM
Mary

"Hodge" wrote in message
nk.net...
In article ,
CK wrote:

Hello All! My new kitten tigger is first of all adorable, but second of
all even more adorable because he thinks he can fight and win against my
vacuum cleaner. He gets all puffy and waggles his paws, spitting and
hissing. I know he's probably frightened but it's the cutest darn thing
on the planet - or at least in my life at the moment. Should I just keep
vacuuming until he realizes the noisy monster is harmless or should I
put him in a different room when I vacuum? Don't want to traumatize him,
but don't want to spoil him either.

Initially, Hodge was so petrified of the vacuum that he flipped out. I,
stupidly, picked him up and tried to comfort him, which got me a
six-inch gash from his back claws.

Now he mounts the hose and tries to kill it, like he would large prey.
It's hilarious.
--

We need a video of this.

Old February 8th 05, 01:57 PM
Holly

I do not have carpet so I don't know how mine would react to the
vaccum. But when I start to sweep the girls get up on the bed to watch
or so I think then as soon as I turn my back you hear them pounce and
its in to the dirt pile they go, once its all back to were it should be
they will just sit and look at me.

Old February 8th 05, 02:27 PM
Karen

For some reason, Pearl is only afraid of the broom not the vacuum. She is
pretty intrepid, but brooms are Bad Things. If something happened with a
broom it was in the first 6 months of her life.

oups.com...

Old February 8th 05, 03:35 PM

My late cat Hobbes used to walk past the vacuum cleaner--while it was
off--and stop, look, hiss at it....and move on, lol.
Stephanie