My Cat Doesn't Like Seafood??

Old February 12th 05, 07:56 PM
Mary

"Elizabeth Blake" wrote:

I've offered her chicken, ham, pastrami and
other meats and she wants none of it. However, if I have a bag of potato
chips or cheesy crackers she's all over me. She's eaten Salt & Vinegar
chips and Jalapeno chips. She seems to really like crunchy food, and

isn't
a big fan of canned cat food in general. Stinky will eat stuff from my
sandwiches but she rarely begs for anything when I eat. That's unusual,
because the majority of her afternoon is spent staring at the food cabinet
and asking for her dinner. She actually leads people into my office and
then starts screaming at them as she stares at the cabinet.

My sister had a cat who would pretty much eat anything that was edible,
inclduing fruits & vegetables.

--

Cheeks is very interested in anything I am eating when she is sitting near
me. However, she only goes for dairy products. Her little nose starting

Old February 13th 05, 10:25 AM
Jim Lawton

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 19:47:47 GMT, "Mary" wrote:

"Jim Lawton" wrote built a fine body though :-

http://www.jimlawton.info/tabsfire.jpg

Oh! What a cutie! That belly spot is very unusual!

That's her tabby-tum :-) ...

Old February 13th 05, 06:41 PM
Mary

wrote:

"Jim Lawton" wrote built a fine body though

:-

http://www.jimlawton.info/tabsfire.jpg

Oh! What a cutie! That belly spot is very unusual!

That's her tabby-tum :-) ...

But she just does not look RELAXED enough, you know?

Old February 13th 05, 06:42 PM
Mary

"Hodge" wrote in message
. net...

wrote:

"Jim Lawton" wrote built a fine body

though :-

http://www.jimlawton.info/tabsfire.jpg

Oh! What a cutie! That belly spot is very unusual!

That's her tabby-tum :-) ...

Forget that cat; can I have the house?
--

lol!

Old February 14th 05, 05:21 AM
Elizabeth Blake

"Mary" wrote in message
. com...

Cheeks is very interested in anything I am eating when she is sitting near
me. However, she only goes for dairy products. Her little nose starting
going when I sat down with half a pastrami and provolone sandwich,
but when I broke off part of the filling she left the meat and ate the
cheese. (Actually she just licks it until it gets very small, lol!) Also,
she
loves to lick the salad bowl if we've used Ranch dressing. But she will
not touch roasted meat or fish of any kind.

Tiger also loves dairy. She likes sliced deli cheeses, cream cheese, milk,
ice cream - you name it. Her favorite, though, is that cheese that comes in
a can. If she sees the can she gets very excited and I have to squirt some
into her mouth. Same for whipped cream in a can. Tiger wouldn't turn down
pastrami, though. She'd want both the meat & the cheese. Tiger used to be
a bookstore and would make the rounds at lunchtime, so she was very used to
human food. I'm amazed that she usually leaves me alone when I eat at home
now.

--
Liz

Old February 14th 05, 05:24 AM
kitkat

Elizabeth Blake wrote:

Tiger also loves dairy. She likes sliced deli cheeses, cream cheese, milk,
ice cream - you name it. Her favorite, though, is that cheese that comes in
a can. If she sees the can she gets very excited and I have to squirt some
into her mouth. Same for whipped cream in a can. Tiger wouldn't turn down
pastrami, though. She'd want both the meat & the cheese. Tiger used to be
a bookstore and would make the rounds at lunchtime, so she was very used to
human food. I'm amazed that she usually leaves me alone when I eat at home
now.

Luna digs the dairy too...especially ice cream. Jasper on the other hand
digs ALL of our dinners. He is SO PESTY when we are trying to eat. It
drives me INSANE. He must have been fed a LOT of human food in his years
before coming to us! He is SO persistent!

Old February 14th 05, 04:08 PM
Lesley Madigan

Sarrasine and Redunzel aren't hugely keen on most Human food apart
from ham or turkey, they will kill for that (They had a very happy
Xmas) but they don't even touch prawns

Isis would NEVER have done anything so demeaning as to beg from a
Hoomin but Fugazi loved fish and kebabs with chilli sauce- she used to
lick the sauce off and leave the meat!

Our all time varied diet winner was Speedy Joe our first cat, he
liked, cheese, chips (from the Chinese takeaway), chicken curry and
rice (also from the takeaway), brown bread, apple cores (they had to
go a little brown first though) and he once rolled in spaghetti, I
leave it to you to imagine how long it took to get the bolognese sauce
off the walls and the cat

But his all time favourite food was chicken giblets. Our local
supermarket would sell these deep frozen "for animal consumption only"
(Like I am going to eat them!) and I shall never forget one day. I had
come back from the shops and Speedy was inspecting my shopping (How do
cats know which bag is the one with their goodies in?) and I took out
a packet of frozen giblets, at which point I had Speedy's undivided
attention, so I put them on a saucer and put it in the cupboard to
thaw. At once Speedy seeing his favourite treat vanishing from sight
started to claw at the door. This cat could open doors so after about
ten minutes of trying to stop him I just said "Right! If that;s the
way you want it!" and unwrapped the frozen solid giblets and tipped
them into his bowl. I figured he'd wait for them to defrost....I
figured wrong. The next second I heard an enormous "CRUNCH!" and he
sat there and pigged the lot....It was a hot day...after that we
always used to say "Wanna giblet lolly?" to him

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old February 14th 05, 06:18 PM
Mary

"Elizabeth Blake" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Mary" wrote in message
. com...

[...]

They say dairy is not good for cats--or perhaps it is just milk? In any
case,
I rarely let Cheeks have any people food, and when I do it is just a tiny
bit, enough for her to taste it.

Old February 14th 05, 06:21 PM
Mary

"kitkat" wrote in message
. com...
Elizabeth Blake wrote:

Luna digs the dairy too...especially ice cream. Jasper on the other hand
digs ALL of our dinners. He is SO PESTY when we are trying to eat. It
drives me INSANE. He must have been fed a LOT of human food in his years
before coming to us! He is SO persistent!

Doesn't Luna react to the cold? I would think it would be hilarious to
watch a cat eat ice cream!