Another cat regurgitation question

Old February 13th 05, 11:00 PM
Melanie's Phony Email Address for NGs

Default Another cat regurgitation question

Last week I beat the crap out of a robber and sustained many injuries.
(yes he's in jail) Anyway, my kitty seemed to be very concerned for
me. When I lay in bed and tried to move and moaned, she would jump up
to near my face and look at me, over and over again.

Today on 4 separate occasions, all her dry food came up whole. I took
it away from her and gave her a clean bowl of water and scrubbed down
her box. I bought her some of that cheap soft "name brand" kitty food
that is in smaller pieces for now, until I can get to the good pet
food shop.

Is it possible she is anxious about me? Things are not back to normal
and I'm still in pain and need to do followup doctor visits. Either
that or she got some sort of bacterial thing because I wasn't able to
keep up the kitty care.

She's coughed up hairballs before but not whole food. I will give her
the petromalt furball remedy I have too.

Otherwise, she is fine and seems healthy and is doing all her kitty
duties.

~Melanie
Old February 15th 05, 01:03 AM
Annie Wxill

wrote in message m...
Last week I beat the crap out of a robber and sustained many injuries.
(yes he's in jail) ...
~Melanie

Wow! I'm glad you survived and the guy is in jail! As for the kitty, we
feed both wet and dry food. Occasionally we've had a cat eat and then throw
up. When the food is dry, it comes up looking like a damp version of what
it looked like before it went down.
It's hard to tell why it happens. I think you're doing about all you can.
If the cat doesn't keep anything down, or vomits violently and/or doesn't
seem to be herself, a vet visit would be in order.
However, whenever one of our cats has had an upset tummy such as you
describe, it rarely lasts longer than a day or maybe two. But we monitor
closely and try to feed something that is easy to digest.
A little yoghurt might help.
Good luck with your healing.
Annie