Skeeter blues

Old September 8th 04, 12:39 AM
Annie Wxill

"Yoj" wrote in message
om...
....I really need
to find her so I can giver her an infusion and try to get her to eat a
little.

.... Joy

Joy,
Hugs to you and gentle under the chin rubs to Skeeter. It's so hard to
watch our special companions lose ground. It makes those good moments all
the more precious. I hope Skeeter finds her special place under the
geraniums to be suitable again.
Annie

Old September 8th 04, 01:31 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 22:04:43 GMT, "Yoj"
wrote:

I feel so sorry for Skeeter. She had a favorite place to lie, in the
geraniums by the sliding glass door. She has spent a great deal of time
there the past couple of days.

I check up on her whereabouts often because of her CRF, and because it's
often time to giver her more medication, or try to get her to eat, or
give her an infusion.

I took some food out this morning, and saw her backing out of that spot.
Then she sadly walked away. Apparently she had urinated where she was
lying, so now her "best place" is spoiled. It is very hot here today,
so I'm sure the spot is dry now. I sprinkled some litter box deodorizer
over the place where it was, in the hope that later she will feel able
to use the spot again.

In the meantime, she has gone into hiding. I've looked every place I
can think of, and can't find her. This is the fourth time that has
happened. I no longer panic completely when it does, but I really need
to find her so I can giver her an infusion and try to get her to eat a
little.

I'd appreciate purrs that I find her soon. I have to go out this
evening, and I really want to have taken care of this (besides knowing
where she is) before I leave.

(((Joy))) so sorry to hear about Skeeter's problems. From everything I
hear hydration really helps. Sending purrs that she'll get used to the
routine and will start eating and taking her meds.

Which reminds me of BlueBird and her cat. I remember it was about this
time last year that her Little Bit was given 4-5 days to live - I
think I even sent early RB purrs. (Course the fact that I have a
Little Bit of my own really made me feel for her Little Bit.) But her
LB fooled TED and I received an e-mail from towards the end of July
and she said her Little Bit was doing well, except for no appetite. I
guess I'm just saying that sometimes they confound the "experts" and
continue to do well after TED has pretty much given up - not that
Skeeter is to that point yet.

Message to self: I really need to send off a message and see how the
two of them are getting along.

--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old September 8th 04, 01:48 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 23:27:00 GMT, "Yoj"
wrote:

I know that whenever you allow yourself to love, you
are setting yourself up to be hurt. When you love an animal whose
probable life span is 1/4 of yours or less, you almost guarantee it.
It's the price you pay, and it's a heavy one, but I think it's worth it.

Amen
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old September 8th 04, 02:48 AM
O J

On Tue, 07 Sep, Joy wrote:

---------------------snip----------------------
I'd appreciate purrs that I find her soon. I have to go out this
evening, and I really want to have taken care of this (besides knowing
where she is) before I leave.

It can be such a worry when you can't find a sick cat. Instinct tells
them to find a spot where they aren't likely to be disturbed. Of
course, hoomins call that hiding. Purrs on the way.

Regards and Purrs,
O J

Old September 8th 04, 02:48 AM
O J