OT but big TW! Fostering Dogs in west TN?

Old August 19th 07, 01:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default OT but big TW! Fostering Dogs in west TN?

http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z235/t_lowrance

"Sixteen adult dogs and a litter of eight puppies are looking for a
loving place to stay-a halfway house until their forever homes can be
found. Some survived abandonment, neglect or abuse. The Gibson-Obion
Humane Society originally took them into foster but, unfortunately,
the dogs' temporary home is no longer available. Two other rescue
groups in the area can help if they can find more foster homes to
make space for these very special dogs."

The Best Friends Organization sent me email asking for help to foster all
these dogs. I wish I could, my goodness they look like great dogs! This is
in West Tennessee. If you're in the area or are in the area and know of
anyone who would be able to foster or (hopefully!) adopt one of these dogs
please contact her. I think I know where they came from... there was a
thing on the news last week about a woman with all these dogs. She claimed
they didn't sell the puppies but it had all the earmarks of puppy-mill.
Unsanitary cages, lack of water, sometimes food, most times not. Filthy,
tick ridden, paws raw because of no padding on the floor of the wire cages
and stepping in and sleeping in their own feeces. They obviously hadn't had
any veterinary care.

What can I say... I HATE PEOPLE WHO TREAT ANIMALS LIKE THIS! At least they
weren't breeding pit bulls.

Anyone who can help or knows someone to help, please let's place these dogs.

Contact numbers:

Lois (731) 479-7029 Mon-Thursday
Or: (270) 472-0871

http://west.petfinder.com/shelters/TN351.html

Circle of Hope
Phyllis (731) 995-3458

http://west.petfinder.com/shelters/TN318.html

Can't foster, but still want to help?

In-kind donations are always helpful!

Contact:

Gibson-Obion County Humane Society, Inc. SPCA
211 Central Street
Dyer, TN 38330
Phone: (731) 483-2026 or (731) 692-3431

http://west.petfinder.com/shelters/TN436.html