RSVP - a little long

Old October 21st 04, 05:18 PM
Dan M

Skippy wrote:

Hello everyone; my name is Mike. Flippy found me hanging out in another
cat group and invited me to stop in here, so; here I am.

Welcome, Mike! This is a great group, and Flippy is a wonderful cat person.

I'm Dan, live in southern CA with my wife and four kitties. They a

Cleopatra (silver DLH) - at 10 years old, the oldest of the bunch. Like
your Turvy, she pretty well rules the house.

Amelia (tortie DSH) - 4 years old, rather overweight, and has decided
that I am *her* human. Loves to ride on my shoulders, especially when
I'm just stepping out of the shower.

Tabitha (black Persian) - 1 1/2 years old, and the smallest of the
bunch. Has adopted Amelia as he stepmom, and Amelia has adopted Tabitha.
The two of them wash each other all the time. Tabitha is Amelia's
competitor for shoulder-riding time.

Samuel (orange DSH) - about a month younger than Tabitha. Sammy was
dumped beside the parking lot of a grocery warehouse where I used to
work. I trapped him, took him to the vet, and took him home. He's now
well settled, and cimbes on my chest at bedtime every night that I'm at
home.

Unfortunately I don't get to spend a lot of time at home with my wife
and the kitties - I'm a truck driver, and spend a lot of time on the
road. But spending time in this newsgroup with a bunch of fellow cat
lovers makes the time away from own furkids more bearable.

Dan
currently posting from Sparks, NV

Old October 21st 04, 05:52 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:03:05 -0500, "Skippy"
wrote:

Hello everyone; my name is Mike. Flippy found me hanging out in another
cat group and invited me to stop in here, so; here I am.

I live in Kentucky, in the USA, and although I hold the mortgage and am the
bringer of feasts, there is a cadre of cats that live here that won't let me
forget who's boss.

Turvy (Bombullerina) is the matron of the clan, she is the oldest at 10
years. She rules the household with an iron will and sharp claws. She is
half of the duo of Topsy and Turvy, but Topsy was adopted by someone else
before I found them.

Mischief (Mistoffolees) is the muscle of the bunch. An ex-stray, street
smart and 13 pounds of smak-talking thug kitty.

Etcetera (Baby) was found by my mom on her farm in an old shed, along with
her 2 brothers. The best we can tell is a coyote must have gotten their
mom, as she never ever turned up. So after feeding them for a few days, she
bundled them all up and took them to her house. Now Etcetera lives here,
brother Loki with my mom, and brother Thor with my sister.

Rumpleteaser (Blondie) showed up at a co-worker farm one day late last year,
so hungry that she was trying to gnaw pieces from a feed block made for
cattle. After some bottled water and a can of tuna she was ready to move
in. So, he called me, we made a quick trip to the vet, and she's been here
ever since.

Skimbleshanks (Hobo) is the newest addition. Just a couple months ago,
several of our factory managment team were outside the plant talking, and a
little, almost handful of kitten hopped down from the wheel carriage of a
railroad car and trotted over to them. He ate all the turkey off our
production planners lunch sandwich, and as I was walking out the door to go
home, he caught a ride.

Well, thats the gang. I have hundreds of pictures of them, but none stored
online yet. I plan to upload some of them to yahoo photos, and when I do
I'll post some links. Don't know how frequently I'll be posting, but just
wanted you to know that we're here.

Mike
The early bird gets the worm;
the 2nd mouse gets the cheese!!

Welcome, Mike (and neighbor to the South!). Hope you'll stick around
and post some stories about your furry ones. Sit back, put up your
feet, have a nice beverage of your choice, and enjoy!

Ginger-lyn

Old October 21st 04, 05:57 PM
CatNipped

"Skippy" wrote in message
[...]

Welcome Mike! Sounds like a fine group of owners you have there.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old October 21st 04, 06:00 PM
CK

Hi Mike and welcome to the group!
I'm Christine in Vantaa (just north of Helsinki), Finland, living with
my hubby Janne and solid black 4-year-old kitty-boy Laku. Pics of mostly
Laku available in my Yahoo Photos account, addy's in the sig.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) yahoo (dot) com