Allegra (1989-2007)

Old July 4th 07, 05:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Cory

Default Allegra (1989-2007)

On Jul 2, 11:26 am, Adam wrote:
"The humble little friend is gone where go the beasts that perish." --
Mark Twain

Allegra ("Great Girtha") died peacefully at home yesterday morning (July
1, 2007), while being stroked by Meowmie, after several weeks of
declining health. She was eighteen years and three months old, and is
already missed. A lot. She is buried in her own yard, along with her
beloved adopted Beltie.

Allegra was born around March 26, 1989, in Freedom Plains, NY, and
adopted on May 14th of that year. She was best known for her great
girth, her creativity, her ear tufts, her lovely loud deep purr, and her
ability to put up with "Lovable Louise". She was the 1998 Oofwate
category champeen in kitty soomo, and was vice-president, and later
president, of the Tufted Ears Club. A more detailed resume of her
accomplishments will be given in her tribute at this year's Jellicle Ball.

I'd like to thank all the members of the Great Girtha Fan Club for
their unswerving support through the years:

pippy (bery furst memfur)
Talisker Pippin (#2 fan)
Mikko
Mrs. Wiggles (RB), Pouncer (RB), Radar,
and Angel, Heidi, and Weegee
Omar (RB), Norville, Mietze, Neko, and Azad
Shug and Shim and associate members Lynda and Gail
Pooh and Tigger
Kitty Schottland, Capt. Midnight (RB),
and Lilith Kitten
Associate member Scrratchem
Associate members Tucker (RB), Jason (RB),
Lily-Belle (RB), and Smokey

Anyone who would like a photo of Allegra, just write to the address
below -- note new address. Fan club members already have this photo.

Adam
--
Email: adam seven zero seven AT verizon DOT net

*Onyx gathers together the members of the Siamese Cat Chorale that he
can find, settles into a meatloaf position, and cues the music to
begin...*

Unca Adam, we iz sew furryfurryfurry sowree tu heer dis nooz. I wuz a
hyooj admirer uf Allegra, an' will miss hurz lotznlotz. I hopez dat
yur hart willz remayn strong wif da memreez uf Allegra dat yu haf.

Adam, this is one of the few times that a furkid's trip to The Bridge
has left me speechless. I'm SO VERY SORRY for your loss. Allegra was
much more than a cat. She was a friend to all, and she will be sorely
missed.

--- Onyx and Unca Cory

Goodbye Furry Friend (Copyright 1998)

(adapted from Candle in the Wind by Elton John and Bernie Taupin
Copyright 1973 All rights reserved)

Goodbye furry friend
May your spirit live in my heart
You were a friend that gave your love
To all of those you knew

You loved me without fail
And you gave me your love always
Now you're in peace at the bridge
And your purr lives on in my heart

(refrain)

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a friend of endless grace
Never wavering in your support
When I had bad times
And your love lives on in my heart
And lasting memories
Your purr stopped too soon, oh, but
My memories never will

Loving you with ease
Those many days spent by my side
Memories I'll always have
of my furry beloved friend

Even though I try
Your loss hurts me so much
All my words cannot express
The joy you brought me through the years

Old July 7th 07, 01:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Adam

Default Allegra (1989-2007) -- Thanks, Everyone

Allegra ("Great Girtha") died peacefully at home

Thanks, Cleopatra, Amelia, Tabitha, Sammy, Harri, Ranger, Pit2nya,
Diana, Ryan, Cinnamon, Mia, Callie, Camille, Finrod, Scottie, John,
Beauty, Cinder, MLB and TuTu8, Kitty Schottland, Lilith Kitten-Mahoney,
Rosco P. Catrane, Mme. Anaïs, Rebecca, Lucy, Tiger and his howze, Willow
and Piglet, MuShu and Meowmie Shado, Rusty, Booker, Snowflake, Chappy,
Mietze, Norville, Neko, Azad, Buster Badseed, Ella, Melissa, Ralph,
Fred, Clyde, Alice, Jane, Gabrielle, Raphael, Talisker Pippin & Sherry,
Onyx and Unca Cory, and anyone else I may have missed. Thanks so much
for your warm and sincere condolences. I'm sorry for the group reply,
but I'm just not up to answering everyone individually. All of us miss
Allegra a lot, and the place will not be the same without her. May Bast
bless all of you.

Mme. Anaïs and Rebecca are also Great Girtha Fan Club members. I must
have used an old list.

Pit2nya, I'm sure that the TEC will prosper under your capable leadership.

Thank you very much for the candle, MuShu (The Magnificent) anna Meowmie
Shado, and thank you, Cory, for the lovely song.

And thank you, Mietze (fan club member!), for adding a brick to the Walk
of Rememberance. Allegra will surely be honored at this year's Jellicle
Ball.

Adam, MMSing
--
New email address: adam seven zero seven at verizon dot net
Old July 15th 07, 01:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ray or Fran

Adam,

I just signed on after being away for months and saw this. I am so sorry
for your loss. May the very large Allegra size hole in your heart fill with
wonderful, loving memories of her. She will live on in all our memories.

Fran

Puddi Cat settles into the meatloaf position of respect and starts purring
her heart out for Uncle Adam and for all those who loved and respected
Allegra.

--
Remove "spam" from addy to reply

Old July 20th 07, 02:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
FurrsomeThreesome

Ooh, unca Adam, we're so late - but we'ze furry sorry tu heer Allegra
has gone.

She will be met at de Brij by ower departed Lenny, Lucy, and Panda,
an' hopefully find many nip-nappers fur relaxin.

Purrs frum usses, an' warm wishes fur heelin frum de Meowmie.

Blue, manajer fur de other two, Sprout and Maui.

On Jul 2, 1:26 pm, Adam wrote:
[...]

Allegra Speaks Her Mind Adam Cat community 8 August 19th 06 09:05 PM
Boogie da HarpurrCat - 14 February 1989/ 29 May 2006 Boogie's Mom Cat community 31 July 16th 06 11:54 PM
Miss Allegra? Sundance Cat community 3 November 2nd 05 03:46 PM
Scooter, House of Kleinfelder 1989 - 2004 Da Koster Katz Cat community 21 May 28th 04 04:16 AM
To Allegra G. and Louise S. Rubin Allegra and Louise's Santa Cat community 12 December 17th 03 02:03 AM