Dusty's day at TED

Old November 20th 03, 10:58 PM
TJ and The Dust

Default Dusty's day at TED

He has more blood drawn for his extensive thyroid test and had his blood
pressure taken. They had to shave off some fur on his back leg and he could
care less. His BP is a bit high. TED still thinks he has Hyperthyroid issues
and I guess this test will tell the tale. The galloping heartbeat and the high
BP could be secondary symptoms.... we shall see. I have to give him pills for
the high BP AND the eyedrop 4 times a day. I fear that thyroid meds are to
come.

As soon as he sees me get the bottle of drops he makes a mad dash.... so I have
psyched him out... I grab the bottle of eyedrops AND the can of wet food
together. One makes him run away the other makes him mad dash to me. Holding
both essentially causes him to stand still and allow me to approach. I give the
drop, he gets the food.

I should know the results tomorrow. Today "office cat", who happens to be
called Mavis. Ignored me totally. She was laying spread out, taking up one of
the 2 couches in the waiting room. She was facing the window and had her eagle
eyes focused on some birdies flitting in the trees. The front desk person said
she will spend hours doing that. Behind the desk there sat the cutest, tiniest
little Siamese cat I have ever seen. He was being boarded (they also have
boarding facilities) and the tech said he was bored stiff in his cage so she
brought him up front while she worked on files. He was just sitting like a teeny
Sphinx on the chair in front of her computer looking sweet as can be. Made me
want a kitten so bad...

TJ

Old November 21st 03, 12:06 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 15:58:03 -0700, "TJ and The Dust"
wrote:

[...]

Siamese kitties are wonderful cats.
Old November 21st 03, 02:07 AM
Steve Touchstone

Purrs that the results will come back with good news. From what I've
read here, if our furry ones have to have a problem, thyroid is one of
the easiest to manage.

--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old November 21st 03, 05:34 AM
Christine Burel

Poor Dusty! Here's hoping his thyroid/BP issues can be resolved with some
meds -- you are quite ingenious to figure out how to get eyedrops in him
(applause!)! Calming purrs for your worries about him, too.
pls. keep us posted.
Christine

Old November 21st 03, 06:18 AM
Marina

"TJ and The Dust" wrote
He has more blood drawn for his extensive thyroid test and had his blood
pressure taken.

Frank sends sympathetic BTDT purrs to Dusty. Nikki too, though she doesn't
mind the bloodletting as much as Frank does.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 21st 03, 07:19 PM
Tanada

TJ and The Dust wrote:

I should know the results tomorrow. Today "office cat", who happens to be
called Mavis. Ignored me totally. She was laying spread out, taking up one of
the 2 couches in the waiting room. She was facing the window and had her eagle
eyes focused on some birdies flitting in the trees. The front desk person said
she will spend hours doing that. Behind the desk there sat the cutest, tiniest
little Siamese cat I have ever seen. He was being boarded (they also have
boarding facilities) and the tech said he was bored stiff in his cage so she
brought him up front while she worked on files. He was just sitting like a teeny
Sphinx on the chair in front of her computer looking sweet as can be. Made me
want a kitten so bad...

Continued purrs and feel better thoughts for Dusty from us all. Please
continue to keep us informed about him.

Our TED has two office cats. They are both quite large. One looks like
a Russian Blue, though she is of unknown ancestry, and the other little
g is a black and white Tuxedo lady. However they can't be let out
into the reception area, as they love to tease the d*gs that are brought
in.

The last time we took Berfert in for his check back (seems to be
healing, let us know how he is doing, followed up by phone calls), the
Russian Blue slipped into the visitor's area and started making a
beeline for Rob. He was disappointed when one of the ladies who worked
there escorted the little girl to the back rooms. She told Rob and I
that the Russian Blue was notorious for teasing d*gs, and that the other
office cat was almost as bad about it. Rob and I thought it was so
funny.

Pam S.
Old November 21st 03, 10:48 PM
polonca12000

Lots of purrs and best wishes for TED to find an easy solution to Dusty's
problems,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"TJ and The Dust" wrote in message
He has more blood drawn for his extensive thyroid test and had his blood
pressure taken. snip