Bathtime blunders

Old January 5th 04, 07:11 PM
Exocat

Default Bathtime blunders

You know how we catslaves believe that our owners are these
scintillating & sparkling intellects that have us spellbound in
servitude?

Something happened that makes me begin to suspect that my Snowball the
Ragdoll, now aged 9.5 months, might not in fact be the brightest star
in the firmament...........

On Sunday morning I was luxuriating in a long soak (normally I only
have time for a shower) when Snowball decided to pay me a visit. There
are no closed doors here as I've grown tired of replacing the carpets
monthly.

Instead of staying by my head on the wide corner bit of the bath he
opted to walk along the narrow contoured edge, which being enamel &
steamy was slippery. So within a foot he'd slipped and partially
fallen into the water.
Luckily my arm was there to stop him soaking more than his nearside
feet and at the cost of a mild scratch he vaulted out & hunkered down
to wet the bathmat. There was no expression of "I meant to do that",
nor any indignation, just a surly puzzlement - maybe about the
unpredictability of the force of gravity.

Nothing too abnormal so far, but fifteen minutes later he jumped back
up onto the same corner & did _exactly_ the same thing again, with
precisely the same results & reactions!

I think the dampening field from the mothership Felix, that keeps us
all fooled, might be losing its effectiveness - has anyone else
spotted any evidence that some of our masters might be a sandwich
short of a picnic?

Best regards to all

Exocat

--
All the feline family viewable at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/exocat

Old January 5th 04, 08:50 PM
Jo Firey

Rosie joins me in the tub. Walks around on whatever parts are above water
at any given time. I have to say this is not the most relaxing behavior.

She is a purebred show type Siamese, and I think they had to leave out a
few things besides tear ducts in breeding that narrow little head.

Of course she is nine months old and that is a cat teenager. Even good
brains misfire at that age.

Jo

--
"Dogs may have kept us company on the hunt, but it was the cats who
insisted we invent houses and discover fire." -- Khiem Tran

Old January 5th 04, 10:11 PM
Brenda

"Exocat" wrote in message
[...]

perhaps he's just testing your reflexes?
Brenda

Old January 5th 04, 11:12 PM
Gizela

Gizmo does the "how cute am I thing?" just before it is time for her to be
put in the bathroom for the night. She was doing it last night, sprawled on
her back, 4 paws in the air....in the "playing dead" pose. I then picked her
up and she started this MEOW....that was one continuous meow from where she
was to the bathroom.....I didn't realise cats had so much lung capacity!!!

Purrs

Angela

Old January 5th 04, 11:41 PM
Stacey

Sid (RIP) was a few delicatessans short of a sandwich... but he was really
sweet!

Stacey (who still misses her Sid snuggles )

Old January 6th 04, 02:06 AM
Takayuki

"Gizela" u wrote:

Gizmo does the "how cute am I thing?" just before it is time for her to be
put in the bathroom for the night. She was doing it last night, sprawled on
her back, 4 paws in the air....in the "playing dead" pose. I then picked her
up and she started this MEOW....that was one continuous meow from where she
was to the bathroom.....I didn't realise cats had so much lung capacity!!!

Awww. How cute! She wants to spend the night under the covers with
you!

Old January 6th 04, 05:03 AM
KKat

My Missy-kitten isn't the sharpest pencil in the drawer....she goes through
life with a constant look of bafflement and confusion. And she missed out
on that legendary feline grace. That cat could trip over her shadow..

--
Kat

"You cannot move mountains if you believe them to be mountains.
You must think of them as collections of small stones,
Which can be moved one at a time, and then reassembled."
-- The Tao of Meow

http://photos.yahoo.com/kiffens

http://www.flippyscatpage.com/lifewithfurballs.html

Old January 6th 04, 05:20 AM
Hopitus2

Aha! So the Mothership is called Felix? My theory is that its signals to its
crew are directly influenced by where over our planet it is hovering....i.e.
based over Oz for a time, signal are very weak to North America, etc.

"KKat" wrote in message
: My Missy-kitten isn't the sharpest pencil in the drawer....she goes
through
: life with a constant look of bafflement and confusion. And she missed out
: on that legendary feline grace. That cat could trip over her shadow..
:
: --
: Kat
:
: "You cannot move mountains if you believe them to be mountains.
: You must think of them as collections of small stones,
: Which can be moved one at a time, and then reassembled."
: -- The Tao of Meow
:
:
: http://photos.yahoo.com/kiffens
:
: http://www.flippyscatpage.com/lifewithfurballs.html
: ...

Old January 6th 04, 07:25 AM

Jo Firey wrote:

Rosie joins me in the tub. Walks around on whatever parts are
above water at any given time. I have to say this is not the most
relaxing behavior.

I'll say! Surprised, freaked-out, wet cat + naked human in slippery
bathtub + 4 sets of claws = not pretty results!

Joyce
Old January 7th 04, 06:57 PM
Andrea Fuller

I think the dampening field from the mothership Felix, that keeps us
all fooled, might be losing its effectiveness - has anyone else
spotted any evidence that some of our masters might be a sandwich
short of a picnic?

Well, Flo is definitely not very bright, but she does have abusive
humans to blame. My dear girl definitely is brain damaged, but loves
life. With lots of TLC and a NSAID a day, we can keep her comfortable.
--
Andrea Fuller
Furry purries Grace, Poppy, Flo and Fliss