Cat Drowned In Pool

Old July 21st 03, 12:33 AM
MacCandace

It is not
always easy to express or discern complex emotional content in writting so
you may want to assume the better intent rather than the worst when you
read a CAT LOVERS writting.

Andy

I would certainly agree with you that the truck stop incident was clearly
within the owner's control and was extremem negligence...very different from
Tom's situation. Tom's was a freak accident. We can't totally protect cats or
people from every possible danger in the world.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace
Old July 21st 03, 09:11 PM
Cat Protector

Oh yeah Cathy. Take his side and allow even more lives to be lost. I guess
when it comes to cats I feel that I must do what I can to protect them
despite what anyone else thinks. Yes, I see it only one way. I value their
lives.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Cathy Friedmann" wrote in message
OMG, will you please, for everyone's sanity, just *drop* it already?! You
are bound & determined - per usual - to see it your own way, no matter

what
the OP really said.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
Yes, you shrugged off the cat's life. I have read every one of your

posts.
Perhaps you need to read your posts? BTW, name calling is not called for
here. You now reveal again that you knew this could be a problem since

the
cat had some limitations. The cat fell in the pool and drowned and once
again you say words are being twisted. Nobody edited your posts. Yes you
were quoted directly and now you want to play victim by saying I didn't
understand your posts and thus make yourself look bigger. I guess when

faced
with the truth and your own words you feel denial is better and thus

makes
you feel like did good. You most certainly stated (but for your
entertainment we'll use the word inferred) that you felt it was too much
trouble to take future precautions. When quotes were needed I certainly
provided them when you said you never said this or that. I even quoted

your
posts when you thought you were words were being twisted. Of course you
never did answer my question. How many more lives must be lost before

you
finally get a pool cover, fence, or any other safety device?

Nothing is wrong with me since you asked. I happen to love cats and care
enough about them to take the necessary precautions so that they have a
healthy, happy and long life. Did you know you could prevent a lot of
dangers to your cat by keeping them indoors? I suggested this earlier

but
you threw out that idea. I guess there is no point in talking about this
with you since you obviously don't want any of our advice. It makes me
wonder why you asked for it when you feel you have all the answers? I

hope
at some point you will eventually learn.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Tlg064" wrote in message
Ok Protector. This will be the last time I respond to you. Its getting

old
and
you need everything spelled out for you

I have no exuses to make and have not made any. Still saying I

shrugged
off the
cats life because it was a stray. See you just dont read well.

Everyone
else
here undesrtood what I wrote and that some of the bit about the stray

was
sarcasm towards you intended to get a point thru your thick skull..

You can ignore the signs all you want but to put a swimming pool and

money
before another a life is pretty sad.

Just to make you happy I'm going outside as soon as I'm thru here with

you
and
dismantle the pool.

Your scenario about cats being agile and not falling in a pool like

dogs
do is
pretty irrelevant now given that a cat has now fallen in your pool and

drowned

Again you dont read well. A cat did fall in the pool - but a partially
handicapped one is what I said. What grade did you make it to in

school.
won't venture a guess.

You also stated in your first post that you had a fenced yard but
not around the pool. You seem to changing the scenario a bit.

There you go twisting things around again. Nothing has changed. The

yard
is
fenced the pool is not. Here is where it might get tricky for you so I

will
type this slow for you. I stated that the pool came with a fence but I

never
installed it and that it would not be sufficient to keep a pet out..

then why is it so hard for you to keep your cat
indoors, get a pool cover or take any of the simple precautions other

people

First I thouroghly explaind why the cat went outdoors.Second it is

known
that a
simple pool cover could be more dangerous to a child or pet. Third -

one
of the
suggestions was for a platform for the cat in the pool and thats the

one
I'm
going with.

Stop playing the victim here and blaming others for your faults.

Nobody
twisted your words. I took those quotes directly from your previous

posts.

What in the world are you talking about .I am not blaming anyone here

for
anything. Everyone else undertood my words except you. Either that or

they
were
not to your liking so you twisted them around.

You also seem to say that taking safety precautions is just too much

trouble.
How is
saving another life too much trouble?

I did not say that taking REASONABLE safety precaution was too much

trouble.
Driving a car is dangerous. Should I stop driving. Sticking to cat

dangers
though heres one for you. In my home there is a stairway. At the top

of
the
stairs there is this sort of half wall along a hallway that you can

look
over
and see a 14 foot drop that ends at the last few hardwood stairs. The

deceased
cat and the others often sleep on this wall. On several ocasions they

have
taken the plunge and landed 14 ft below half asleep. Nothing happened

them
so far. In your eyes though maybe I should have my entire house torn

down
and
rebuilt with nothing in mind but cat safety.

Somethings wrong somewhere with you. You must be living in some kind

of
fantasy
world. Were you spoiled as a child?

Tom

Old July 21st 03, 09:23 PM
Cat Protector

Well Candace,

I think this incident with the swimming pool is a clear reminder that cats
should be kept indoors and if they have to be outside watched closely or
have them on a leash and harness. I know that amongst the group here these
days that is not a popular idea. I also know plenty here feel I am pretty
agressive when it comes to posting. All I can say is that I love cats and
want to see every one of them get a good and loving home. When tragedies
like this one happen where a cat drowns it boils my blood to know that
despite it all some take a very passive attitude and decide not to learn
from this. Getting a pool cover, putting a fence around the pool or even an
alarm when an object falls in is a great idea. I will not make any excuses
for my posts. I love cats and feel they are worthy of protecting. I guess
with this incident, how many times do lives have to be lost before people
get the message. Here in Arizona for example, the news stations, fire
departments and even members of the community state time and time again to
watch your children around water. But not too many people listen to this
warning and thus we have quite a few drownings. Thus I created a banner ad
to hopefully prevent cats from suffering the same fate. I have put it up on
our site and if any of you want it then feel free to email me. Anyway, I
guess this thread can now be closed as this has become a dead-horse issue.

Old July 21st 03, 09:54 PM
Cathy Friedmann

wrote in message
Cat Protector wrote:
Oh yeah Cathy. Take his side and allow even more lives to be lost. I

guess
when it comes to cats I feel that I must do what I can to protect them
despite what anyone else thinks. Yes, I see it only one way. I value

their
lives.

Cathy probably did more to help other cats in that person's care than you
did. She was willing to give advice without condeming the person.

Thanks for your vote of confidence, but actually I didn't offer the OP any
advice; I saw it as a freak accident, that could happen to virtually anyone
who has a pool.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

I find
people are a lot more likely to listen to advice when it's not given with
a you suck attitude.

And honestly CP, while this poster isn't willing ot go the lengths you say
you are willing to go, she/he's still giving pretty good care for her
cats. She/he may not be along the level that you claim to be, but trust
me, she/he's at least caring enough to try to get a solution that works
for her and the cats. Some people won't even do that. Trust me, I've met
them, I work at a pet store. These are kinds of people you won't see on
this newsgroup cause frankly, they could care less, it's jsut a cat. They
wouldn't spend a dime trying to make their pool more safe and if the cat
dies, ****it, they can just get another one. They probably wouldn't spend
a time to save the cat from an illness, cheaper to get another one, it's
just a cat.

You want to spit venom at people, CP.. there are people a lot more
deserving of it than this lady who at least shows she cares. How about
spitting venom at the lady who was feeding her GSD (I say was cause I'm
hoping she gave the dog to some one else) 1 cup of food a day (1/3 the
amount a dog that size should get). Or the lady putting her cat int he
shelter cause it peed on her couch once (she wasn't worried about it
peeing again, I tried to give her suggestions on what it could be and how
it could be prevented again, she cut me off with a "I don't care").

Alice

--
The root cause of problems is simple overpopulation. People just aren't
worth very much any more, and they know it. Makes 'em testy. ...Bev
|,4- ) )-,_..;\ ( `'-'
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) Cat by Felix Lee.

Old July 21st 03, 09:54 PM
Cathy Friedmann

wrote in message
Cat Protector wrote:
Oh yeah Cathy. Take his side and allow even more lives to be lost. I

guess
when it comes to cats I feel that I must do what I can to protect them
despite what anyone else thinks. Yes, I see it only one way. I value

their
lives.

Cathy probably did more to help other cats in that person's care than you
did. She was willing to give advice without condeming the person.

Thanks for your vote of confidence, but actually I didn't offer the OP any
advice; I saw it as a freak accident, that could happen to virtually anyone
who has a pool.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

I find
people are a lot more likely to listen to advice when it's not given with
a you suck attitude.

And honestly CP, while this poster isn't willing ot go the lengths you say
you are willing to go, she/he's still giving pretty good care for her
cats. She/he may not be along the level that you claim to be, but trust
me, she/he's at least caring enough to try to get a solution that works
for her and the cats. Some people won't even do that. Trust me, I've met
them, I work at a pet store. These are kinds of people you won't see on
this newsgroup cause frankly, they could care less, it's jsut a cat. They
wouldn't spend a dime trying to make their pool more safe and if the cat
dies, ****it, they can just get another one. They probably wouldn't spend
a time to save the cat from an illness, cheaper to get another one, it's
just a cat.

You want to spit venom at people, CP.. there are people a lot more
deserving of it than this lady who at least shows she cares. How about
spitting venom at the lady who was feeding her GSD (I say was cause I'm
hoping she gave the dog to some one else) 1 cup of food a day (1/3 the
amount a dog that size should get). Or the lady putting her cat int he
shelter cause it peed on her couch once (she wasn't worried about it
peeing again, I tried to give her suggestions on what it could be and how
it could be prevented again, she cut me off with a "I don't care").

Alice

--
The root cause of problems is simple overpopulation. People just aren't
worth very much any more, and they know it. Makes 'em testy. ...Bev
|\ _,,,---,,_ Tigress
/,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ http://havoc.gtf.gatech.edu/tigress
|,4- ) )-,_..;\ ( `'-'
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) Cat by Felix Lee.

Old July 22nd 03, 03:39 AM
Sherry

And honestly CP, while this poster isn't willing ot go the lengths you say
you are willing to go, she/he's still giving pretty good care for her
cats.

Give me a break. CP is all talk with no substance. His idea of "rescuing" was
to remove a nice, collared, clean, tame cat from an apartment where she had
been left. Then he bitched for a solid week and begged for donations because he
had to buy plastic bowls and litter. He isn't exactly someone to be taken
seriously.

Sherry

Old July 22nd 03, 03:45 AM
Sherry

No I didn't miss it.

You took a sentence out of context.

The cat didn't die due to the extreme medical
condition he mentioned. Its death was as a result
of drowning.

I asked about what the vet said and did about
the condition the cat had before it died.

And for what purpose do you need this information? To flame the poster some
more? Sheesh.

Sherry