really need some info. from people with cat experience

Old September 21st 05, 02:33 AM

Default really need some info. from people with cat experience

last jan. or so i noticed a small kitten hanging around in my garage.
it was scared, cold and hungry. well, it was a very bad winter and i
did not want the poor thing to starve, so i started feeding it. i shut
off the entrance it was using to the garage and it ended up living
under our house using a small hole to go in and out. anyway to make a
long story short after monthes of feeding i finnally got the cat to
come to me and pet it , it still is alittle uneasy when i try to pick
it up. the cat is pretty young, female. here is the big ?????. just two
hours ago my girlfriend asked me to come outside were she was peting
the cat. by the entrance hole were #4 very little kittens. very small .
maybe 5inches long they slowly came out. one let my girlfriend pick it
up they dont seem afraid at all. the thing is i dont think this cat
could of gave birth to these kittens. no belly! i,ve never seen any
kind of belly, i felt under her and i did,nt feel any swollen tits or
anything. could this cat that is probally only 8-9 monthes old have
kittens with out showen? could she have adopted a stray liter? we not
seen no other cats, the little kittens have very smal teeth but, we put
one down by food it would,nt eat. they seem ok, no fear. we live in the
country and both nieghbors have no cats. my goal was to get the cat to
trust me anough to take it to the vet to get fixed. then BAM! this. it
totally shocked us. the mom cat is just a kitten herself. anybody? do
young cats adopt liters? these kittens are pretty small i cant see them
following her to our house. but, they have no fear. this is the first
time we have laid eyes on the kittens. i never had cats need info. i
was just trying to help a starving kitten last jan. thankyou!

Old September 21st 05, 02:39 AM
Karen

On 2005-09-20 20:33:10 -0500, said:

[...]

I'd say either of those options are possibilities. Though i would think
you would see milk with either of them. Certainly she is old enough to
have them.

Old September 21st 05, 06:39 AM
Rhonda

If you found the cat last January and she was already weaned -- she
could have been a couple of months old. January to now is 8 months, so
the cat may be about 10 months old. She certainly could have had kittens.

One way to check now is to look at her tummy. If she is nursing, it will
be obvious. The hair will be missing around each teat.

The other thing is, mother cats can go into heat again about 4-5 weeks
after giving birth. Ours did. She could get pregnant again very soon.
You may want to get her and the babies into the vet very soon for a
checkup and see if she can be spayed immediately.

Good luck!

Rhonda