Kitty Farmcat is not very well

Old April 20th 08, 09:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default Kitty Farmcat is not very well

Christina Websell wrote:
She started sneezing a few days ago, I didn't think anything of it at
first but now there is green gunk coming down one nostril.
She hasn't eaten this evening and is hugging the fire. I guess she
can't smell her food and feels poorly.
She has CRF and cannot afford to not eat. She has never weighed
more than around 4lbs anyway, so she hasn't much reserve on this. I
don't think it's a life-threatening emergency so she will be going to
TED on Monday. But why is stuff not coming out of both nostrils? That's
what I'd
expect if she had an upper respiratory tract infection. I hope she
hasn't got a tumour or something in one nostril.
I know something will get her soon, she is 22 after all. Can you
tell I am panicking?

Purrs & prayers would not go amiss for my very old lady.

Tweed

Lots of purrs for her to bounce back once again.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old April 20th 08, 10:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
She started sneezing a few days ago, I didn't think anything of it
at first but now there is green gunk coming down one nostril.
She hasn't eaten this evening and is hugging the fire. I guess she
can't smell her food and feels poorly.
She has CRF and cannot afford to not eat. She has never weighed
more than around 4lbs anyway, so she hasn't much reserve on this. I
don't think it's a life-threatening emergency so she will be going
to TED on Monday.
But why is stuff not coming out of both nostrils? That's what I'd
expect if she had an upper respiratory tract infection. I hope she
hasn't got a tumour or something in one nostril.
I know something will get her soon, she is 22 after all. Can you
tell I am panicking?

Of course you are. She is rightfully frail at this point. And you
love her very much.

Lots of purrs on the way.

Usually when we've had a cat with a nose discharge on one side its
been a thistle thing they've snorted or a bad tooth. An ear
infection will do the same thing. Hope it is something they can
clear up quickly.

Her ears are fine and there's no way she could have snorted anything
up, it must be 2 years or so since she's ventured more than a few
yards outside. When she does, Boyfie hisses and smacks her back into
the house. If it's a tooth that will be the end of her. There is no
way she could take an anaesthetic at her age and with her CRF.

Anyway, I'll see what the vet says. I hope to get an appt with my
favourite one, Alison. She always goes the distance with the oldies
until there is no hope left (if you want to) She knows KFC.
I was impressed that she remembered micro-chipping Boyfie when he came
in for an antibiotic injection when he was bitten in a fight last
year. He is not exactly a regular attender at TED ;-)
And she never forgets my whippets..gone now. She always mentions
them.

Tweed

I hope KFC is ok
Old April 20th 08, 06:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Purrs and healing thoughts for Kitty FC to it to be just a URI and
for her to recover quickly.

Debbie

Old April 20th 08, 06:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Apr 19, 1:40*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Purrs & prayers would not go amiss for my very old lady.

Purrs and prayers by the shed loads for KFC are winging their way to
both of you

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old April 20th 08, 06:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Purrs & prayers would not go amiss for my very old lady.

Tweed

Many, many purrs and prayers for a venerable elderly ladycat to be on
the mend soon.

Helen M
Old April 21st 08, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Purrs on the way.

--
Ann
in Connecticut

Old April 21st 08, 02:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Christina Websell wrote:
Purrs & prayers would not go amiss for my very old lady.

Lots of purrs on the way.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old April 21st 08, 03:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 21:40:08 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

She started sneezing a few days ago, I didn't think anything of it at first
but now there is green gunk coming down one nostril.
She hasn't eaten this evening and is hugging the fire. I guess she can't
smell her food and feels poorly.
She has CRF and cannot afford to not eat. She has never weighed more than
around 4lbs anyway, so she hasn't much reserve on this. I don't think it's a
life-threatening emergency so she will be going to TED on Monday.
But why is stuff not coming out of both nostrils? That's what I'd expect if
she had an upper respiratory tract infection. I hope she hasn't got a
tumour or something in one nostril.
I know something will get her soon, she is 22 after all. Can you tell I am
panicking?

Purrs & prayers would not go amiss for my very old lady.

Tweed

I hope KFC rallies, as she has so many times in the past. But, time is
not on her side, unfortunately :-(

Purrs are on the way for her to get better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein
Old April 21st 08, 05:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=

"Kreisleriana"

"Christina Websell"
She started sneezing a few days ago, I didn't think anything of it at
first but now there is green gunk coming down one nostril.
She hasn't eaten this evening and is hugging the fire. I guess she can't
smell her food and feels poorly.
She has CRF and cannot afford to not eat. She has never weighed more
than around 4lbs anyway, so she hasn't much reserve on this. I don't
think it's a life-threatening emergency so she will be going to TED on
Monday.
But why is stuff not coming out of both nostrils? That's what I'd expect
if she had an upper respiratory tract infection. I hope she hasn't got a
tumour or something in one nostril.
I know something will get her soon, she is 22 after all. Can you tell I
am panicking?

Purrs & prayers would not go amiss for my very old lady.

Tweed

Purrs and prayers for you and your precious kitty.
You are such a sweetheart Charleen.
Hug
Kyla

We are sending the mightiest purrs for the mighty KFC, and for you.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net