Not a Bird Brain(Not OT)

Old June 14th 09, 06:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_3_]

Default Not a Bird Brain(Not OT)

It's hot here....hot and close, which means the Fabulous Furballs have
apparently left home...

We know they're in here somewhere but haven't seen them for hours..in
this weather at this time of the day, the Sun comes through the
windows at the front of the house and Dunzi is on the living room
windowsill and Sarsi on the bedroom one (or vice versa they have
complicated rota about who is on what sill), they'll resurface when it
gets cooler or food is in their bowl (or both). Occasionally we hear
a little "meep" from Dunzi on the living room sill as she snoozes,
washes, looks down on the smalll Hoomins below her and probably wishes
we were as small so she could rule us....(she doesn't think she rules
us enough)

Then a few minutes ago...

"MEEP! MEEP! AWWK! WAH! MEEP MEEP! WHISTLE! SQUAWK!WAH! OOOH-WAH!
MEEP! TWEET! MEEP! CHITTER-CHITTER! CHITTER-CHITTER!"

There is a pigeon parked on the outside of the sill next to her and
she wants to play with it so she is going mad hitting the glass and
doing that chittering noise with her teeth and yowling ...The pigeon
is sitting there preening and not batting an avian eyelid at this cat
going mad just a few inches away from it....

Smart pigeon understands what glass is for

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old June 14th 09, 07:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Lesley" wrote in message
[...]

Jake and a Blue Jay are playing that game 'freestyle' out in our back
yard. Jake is lounging in the sun. Blue Jay is playing some sort of
game that involves hopping up as close to the still cat as possible.
I guess he gets points if he can touch the cat.

Jo

Old July 8th 09, 01:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 11:21:39 -0700, Jofirey wrote:

"Lesley" wrote in message
[...]

I once found that a mockingbird had cornered my father's cat underneath a
chair on the porch. The bird was walking back and forth on the ground,
only a couple of feet in front of the cat, but the bird (probably
weighing less than half a pound) had the twelve-pound cat totally
intimidated. The cat was as far back under the chair as she could manage.

This bird had a nest in a bush next to the porch, and would even try to
scare off the humans who used the porch. On a couple of occasions, it
pecked me on the head as it flew by.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old July 8th 09, 04:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Lesley" wrote in message
[...]

Mockingbirds are territorial and aggressive. They want you AWAY. FROM.
THIS. BUSH. NOW! Brooklyn is full of them-- they're on practically every
tree and bush, singing their heads off. They are meaner when mating and
raising chicks-- which means just about every minute from April to October
around here.

The summer is when the blue jays get testy. We had a nest on our block one
year, and we couldn't open the windows, because an indignant blue jay parent
would come straight at us.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh