baby wipes?

Old February 24th 05, 09:41 PM
Phil P.

"Steve G" wrote in message
oups.com...

Phil P. wrote:
(...)

The FDA banned the use of propylene glycol in cat food in 1992
because it causes Heinz bodies (clumps of oxidized, denatured
hemoglobin) in feline blood and decreases the life of erythrocytes
(RBCs).

This is true, but only if fed in relatively large doses, such as 6% of
the diet over a period of weeks (Bauer et al., 1992;

Thanks for the recital - I was expecting it from it you... again.

I think I'll just stick to erring on the side of caution and avoid using
potentially toxic substances in and on my cats as much as possible.

Old February 24th 05, 10:44 PM
Phil P.

"Brandy Alexandre" wrote in message
news:1109282940.64a58a05ce044e3000fd23b7daf5e2dd@t eranews...

FYI, what the "panty wad" is about is my suggestion of Huggies Natural
Baby Wipes and speaking of this product specifically, what's good for
baby is good for kitty,

snip

It also seemed the ingredients were identical in all the Huggies wipes,
and none had PG.

You were simply lucky - since you obviously didn't have a clue about what
was in the wipes before you used them on your cats. Your reasoning:

"I figure if they're safe for baby, they're safe for kitty."

is still utterly foolish and dangerous.

Old February 24th 05, 11:11 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-24, Brandy*Alexandre penned:
Mary wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

Well that really is sad for Kami.

Actually that's really sad for anyone who believes that load of BS.

Well, those of us who weren't around back in the golden ages don't have your
version of the story.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old February 24th 05, 11:13 PM
-L.

Cathy Friedmann wrote:
snip

People can never turn over a new leaf?? What about an alcoholic, who

is now
recovered? What about a person who used to be into drugs, but is now

clean,
& has been for years?

Personally, I don't see how Brandy's former life/career has anything

to do
with the present care of her cat.

It just is another example of her poor judgement, just like when she
chose to amputate poor Kami's toes for merely doing *cat things*.

The skank gets absolutely *no* sympathy from me.

-L.

Old February 24th 05, 11:16 PM
-L.

Phil P. wrote:
"Mary" wrote in message
news:1109277992.27433aaba0d77eea0c3efd6696f23c79@t eranews...

Me either. If what Phil says is true I can see why he is still mad

about
her declawing Kami. But then again, Phil has given good advice to
Carl, who just declawed three kittens.

And I would also try to help the butcher bitch if she had a problem

with her
cat... I have never, and will never allow my personal feelings

interfere
with trying to help a cat. I would *never* hurt the cat to spite the

owner
regardless of how big of an asshole she is.

Did you know she tried to cure Kami's biting by declawing her? Have

you
ever heard of such stupidity? The cat bit because the bimbo petted

the cat
to overstimulation and then probably also tried to restrain the cat

endure some more stimulation. The only way the cat could respond is

by
biting because she she couldn't get away. The cat attacked her

ankles and
legs every time the bimbo walked by because the cat was probably

expecting
another treatment.

She got complaints from her makeup artist or director - I don't

remember the
whole story - because of the scratches, so had the cat declawed.

I'm sure some of the old timers remember the whole story.

Phil

I don't remember the make-up artist part but I remember her stories of
torturing the cat and then wondering why it bit and scratched her - and
the subsequent declawing because she was too stupid to try to
understand cat behavior.

Probably will go down in rpch+b history as one of the most assinine
declaw stories, ever.

-L.

Old February 24th 05, 11:19 PM
-L.

On 2005-02-24, -L. penned:

Brandy Alexandre wrote:

and now I'm an auditor doing forensic work on a/p and sales tax.

We don't care. Your previous "career" negates anything else you

do, no
matter how much you'd like to forget about it.

-L.

You got a mouse in your pocket?

I truly don't understand how you can claim to stand for a woman's

right to
choose what she does with her body, then vilify her for what she's

chosen (in
the past, no less!) to do with her body.

I don't care what she does - simply I care that she parades it around
as if it is an accomplishment of some sort. She takes pride in being
famous for being bufued and being a "facial" queen. For christ's
sake, have *some* amount of dignity.

-L.

Old February 24th 05, 11:31 PM
kitkat

Phil P. wrote:

I think I'll just stick to erring on the side of caution and avoid using
potentially toxic substances in and on my cats as much as possible.

This is probably good practice...but it is probably nice to mention that
the level needed to reach toxicity would probably not come from one
accidental use of a wipe. I guess I should have been smart enough to
figure that on my own, but I did drop everything and RACE home after I
thought I killed my cat with a baby wipe. Of course, I can laugh at the
hilarity now...but man, was I in a frenzy. As if racing home would make
a cat any less dead, if it were, in fact, dead. But anyway, you get
my drift?

Pam
Old February 25th 05, 12:52 AM
-L.

On 2005-02-24, Brandy Alexandre penned:

Actually, it's a "was." I retired well over a decade ago, but some

people
like tocling to such things to use as weapons when they have

nothing to say.
Just to catch up the thinking people, I was a executive secretary

after
that, and now I'm an auditor doing forensic work on a/p and sales

tax.

I just want to tell you that I personally don't care what your career

is or
was, as long as it's not violent. I don't know why people get their

panties
in such a wad over sex work, anyway. Big whoop. I'm sorry that you

ever had
to endure the prejudice against such work, let alone that people are

still
carrying on about it years later.

It's not the sex that's the issue- it's the porn industry. You don't
think there's anything wrong with it, even though it objectifies women
and it can lead to violence and aggression against women? Not to
mention the scum that run the industry...

Sure, consenting adults have the right to do what they want on the
camera or off...but that doesn't mean the results don't hurt others
down the line.

-L.