OT driving the furballs nuts

Old April 15th 10, 08:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default OT driving the furballs nuts

I am trying a new method to eat healthy.
I am doing what they call beer can chicken. I am smoking several whole
chicken in the BBQ using an empty coke cans to stand the chicken up. It is
on the back porch smoking since this morning. I am using some cedar and oak
to smoke it. I have some dry herbs like rosemary inside the can on the
grill to add to the flavor. The whole house smells great.
Two neighbors have came over wanting to know when they could come to
dinner. The cats are bouncing back and forth every time I go outside to
check

Making Fresh tortillas and going to cut up some fresh veggies from the
Farmer's market

If this turns out good I am going to try some other meat and freeze it.

Old April 15th 10, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kelly Greene[_2_]

"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...
I am trying a new method to eat healthy.
I am doing what they call beer can chicken. I am smoking..........

I remember my Dr telling me years ago that the chemicals from smoke, from
smoking meats, is extremely unhealthy. You may want to bake or broil the
chicken instead.

Old April 15th 10, 10:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when Kelly Greene wrote:
I remember my Dr telling me years ago that the chemicals from smoke,
from smoking meats, is extremely unhealthy. You may want to bake or
broil the chicken instead.

Life is unheathy. You may want to choose an alternative (grin).

Mark Edwards
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old April 16th 10, 12:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message
"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...
I am trying a new method to eat healthy.
I am doing what they call beer can chicken. I am smoking..........

I remember my Dr telling me years ago that the chemicals from smoke, from
smoking meats, is extremely unhealthy. You may want to bake or broil the
chicken instead.

They have been smoking meat for 100's of years My family used to smoke meat
all the time
You go to any good BBQ shack they smoke their meat ;-)

Old April 16th 10, 12:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message
"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...
I am trying a new method to eat healthy.
I am doing what they call beer can chicken. I am smoking..........

I remember my Dr telling me years ago that the chemicals from smoke, from
smoking meats, is extremely unhealthy. You may want to bake or broil the
chicken instead.

They have been smoking meat and cooking food for 100's of years over
wood. My family used to smoke meat all the time
You go to any good BBQ shack they smoke their meat ;-)

The only chemicals you will get that don't naturally occur are from treated
wood.

Old April 16th 10, 02:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Like I said, you should thank your lucky stars that neither Lee not I can
drive!!!!!!!!
ng.com...

Old April 16th 10, 01:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message
"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...
I am trying a new method to eat healthy.
I am doing what they call beer can chicken. I am smoking..........

I remember my Dr telling me years ago that the chemicals from smoke, from
smoking meats, is extremely unhealthy. You may want to bake or broil the
chicken instead.

They have been smoking meat for 100's of years My family used to smoke
meat all the time
You go to any good BBQ shack they smoke their meat ;-)

Probably more like thousands of years I worked with a doctor who would
host cookouts frequently. Try telling *him* his Brinkman smoker was a bad
idea. Got plenty of good BBQ out of it, and smoked chicken, too.

Jill

Old April 16th 10, 02:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Matthew opinions are like dew drops, too many to count. You do what you
have to do for your health. If you have any extra freeze and send
to.............ME!
"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Matthew" wrote in message
g.com...

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message
ng.com...

Old April 16th 10, 02:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...
I am trying a new method to eat healthy.
I am doing what they call beer can chicken. I am smoking several whole
chicken in the BBQ using an empty coke cans to stand the chicken up. It
is on the back porch smoking since this morning. I am using some cedar
and oak to smoke it. I have some dry herbs like rosemary inside the can
on the grill to add to the flavor. The whole house smells great.
Two neighbors have came over wanting to know when they could come to
dinner. The cats are bouncing back and forth every time I go outside to
check

I'll bet they are! I can just see them waiting for you to drop the chickens

Making Fresh tortillas and going to cut up some fresh veggies from the
Farmer's market

If this turns out good I am going to try some other meat and freeze it.

I'm not sure cedar is a good choice for smoking, but then I'm only used to
using cedar to keep moths out of things. You'll have to let me know how
that turned out. Hickory chips and apple wood, absolutely. And you need to
soak the chips in water.

Next time you might try tucking fresh sprigs of rosemary under the chicken
skin. Inside the can probably won't do a heck of a lot. Hope you didn't
forget to brush the chickens with a neutral oil (any vegetable oil will do).
The cooking shows that yell about olive oil all the time are often, IMHO,
often drowning the taste of the food. Not everything needs "EVOO". Also,
hope you added salt & pepper.

Speaking of vegetables, there are a number of them that grill (not
necessarily smoke) very well if you like to grill. I like to cut zucchini
and yellow squash lengthwise, brush lightly with a little neutral oil and
sprinkle with some dried herbs such as thyme, or marjoram or basil (those
two herbs are interchangeable). Eggplant/aubergine slices are also
wonderful grilled but I can't eat it because I have to avoid the hard seeds.
Cabbage cut into quarters carmelizes nicely and comes out quite tasty. Of
course you have to like cabbage first And grilled corn on the cob is
fantastic! That you can also smoke with good results. Got to soak the corn
for hours in water first. Unfortunately I can't eat corn anymore, either.
(sigh)

Jill