What Price For Kitty?

Old February 18th 05, 01:15 AM
CatNipped

"Mary" wrote in message
news:1108687824.bf35ddb14e32c8d419b352651b8c7c8f@t eranews...
LOL! Hugs are *always* freely given - there isn't enough hugs in the

world
and the world really needs them right now!

Hugs,

I'm with you there! So, how are the kitties?

They're running me ragged as usual. The depredations of Sammy are
chronicled at http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/Sammy.asp - but these are
anecdotes so might not be welcome here! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old February 18th 05, 01:16 AM
Glarb

"Cathy Friedmann" wrote in message
No matter how high a vet bill - or an accumulation of ongoing bills, when
think what the same services would cost a human patient, I think, "Hey,
it's
(the vets bill's) a bargain!"

The last time I had a respiratory infection, it didn't cost anywhere near
$300, like it did for some poor chap in another thread on this board.

Old February 18th 05, 01:22 AM
Phil P.

"Steve G" wrote in message
oups.com...

Phil P. wrote:
(...)
cats. Thus, I don't think this group suits your purposes. In
fact. you're cluttering the newsgroup with hypothetical
questions and issues while other people are seeking help
with *real* issues which isn't fair to them.

Yes, if only there was some clue as to what a thread is about, then
people could ignore things they are not interested in.

Oh.

Wait.

What's this?

'What price for Kitty?'

Hm, maybe that's a clue.

Here's the URL for alt.cats: alt.cats. Have a good time.

For someone who's not interested in this thread, you've spend a lot of
effort posting in it.

Steve.

Oh, its no effort at all. In fact, threads like this make me more cautious
about who I place a cat with.

Old February 18th 05, 01:30 AM
Cheryl

On Thu 17 Feb 2005 08:15:37p, Phil P. wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
):

"Cheryl" wrote in message

Missed this post. This is suspiciously close to trying to
censor how and where someone posts.

Not at all. Since she said she participates in newsgroups for
entertainment purposes and likes debates, I simply suggested she
try alt.cats - it might suit her purposes better.

My statement makes much more sense when its not taken out
context. Here it is in its entirety

"You stated that you participate in this newsgroup for
entertainment and that
you enjoy debates. Perhaps you are better suited for and would
enjoying entertaining yourself in alt.cats - they just love
debates so much they'll even debate the color of ****. Most of
the people who participate in this group, however, do so to try
to help their cats and help others help their cats. Thus, I
don't think this group suits your purposes. In fact. you're
cluttering the newsgroup with hypothetical questions and issues
while other people are seeking help with *real* issues which
isn't fair to them."

See? No censorship - just a suggestion.

Phil

Yeah, but Phil, these days this group is filled with clutter and
debates and socializing banter. It's turned into a free-for-all. I
don't see the point in singling out one poster with that remark.

----mary's comments about free speech can go under here----

--
Cheryl
Old February 18th 05, 01:35 AM
Mary

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Mary" wrote in message
news:1108687824.bf35ddb14e32c8d419b352651b8c7c8f@t eranews...
LOL! Hugs are *always* freely given - there isn't enough hugs in the

world
and the world really needs them right now!

Hugs,

I'm with you there! So, how are the kitties?

They're running me ragged as usual. The depredations of Sammy are
chronicled at http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/Sammy.asp - but these are
anecdotes so might not be welcome here! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Sure they are! I forgot, Sammy is the toesucker, right? I believe I saw one
of the photos months ago in anecdotes. Sammy is beautiful. How old is he
now?

Old February 18th 05, 01:43 AM
Phil P.

"Cheryl" wrote in message

See? No censorship - just a suggestion.

Phil

Yeah, but Phil, these days this group is filled with clutter and
debates and socializing banter. It's turned into a free-for-all. I
don't see the point in singling out one poster with that remark.

That's ok, I don't mind.

Phil

Old February 18th 05, 01:45 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"Glarb" wrote in message
"Cathy Friedmann" wrote in message
No matter how high a vet bill - or an accumulation of ongoing bills,

when
think what the same services would cost a human patient, I think, "Hey,
it's
(the vets bill's) a bargain!"

The last time I had a respiratory infection, it didn't cost anywhere near
$300, like it did for some poor chap in another thread on this board.

Newsgroup Vs. board). But that's nit-picking. Anyway...

One of my cats had acute, & then chronic, liver disease. Her diagnosis cost
me $250, in '98. That included a sonogram and a core needle biospy of her
liver, besides the incidentals - thorough regular exam, muscle relaxant,
initial check of the tissue of the needle biopsy, & first dose of one of her
prescribed meds. Done at a vet oncologist/internist's office. I wonder
what the equivalent would've cost a human (or their insurance co.)?

My cats' regular yearly - or in-between, if a concern crops up - physical
costs ~$35 for the office call. How many physicians still charege that
amount for a basic office call? Plus, if I bring both cats at once for
their physicals, the second cat gets a discount.

Cathy

Old February 18th 05, 01:47 AM
CatNipped

"Mary" wrote in message
news:1108690452.c3462b36d8621909814f21b8feda9632@t eranews...

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Mary" wrote in message
news:1108687824.bf35ddb14e32c8d419b352651b8c7c8f@t eranews...
LOL! Hugs are *always* freely given - there isn't enough hugs in

the
world
and the world really needs them right now!

Hugs,

I'm with you there! So, how are the kitties?

They're running me ragged as usual. The depredations of Sammy are
chronicled at http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/Sammy.asp - but these are
anecdotes so might not be welcome here! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Sure they are! I forgot, Sammy is the toesucker, right? I believe I saw

one
of the photos months ago in anecdotes. Sammy is beautiful. How old is he
now?

"She" (Samantha). Yeah, she's the toe sucker. She's 10 months old now. 3
1/2 feet long, 15+ pounds - and still sucking her toe!!! Here's the latest
picture taken just a few minutes ago actually (I'm still looking for a
caption - got one?). http://www.possibleplaces.com/Sammy/

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old February 18th 05, 01:57 AM
Cheryl

On Thu 17 Feb 2005 08:43:15p, Phil P. wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
link.net):

"Cheryl" wrote in message

See? No censorship - just a suggestion.

Phil

Yeah, but Phil, these days this group is filled with clutter
and debates and socializing banter. It's turned into a
free-for-all. I don't see the point in singling out one poster
with that remark.

That's ok, I don't mind.

Phil

Whatever.

--
Cheryl
Old February 18th 05, 02:02 AM
Cheryl

"Cheryl" wrote in message

See? No censorship - just a suggestion.

Phil

Yeah, but Phil, these days this group is filled with clutter
and debates and socializing banter. It's turned into a
free-for-all. I don't see the point in singling out one poster
with that remark.

That's ok, I don't mind.

Phil

Oh, and Phil? You are very knowledgable about feline issues. You
were partly what got me through Shadow's illness and I'm sure you
didn't approve that I had to put him down and that's ok. You
didn't live with him. I'm sad that you probably will never help me
with cat problems ever again. But this being Usenet, if I need
help and have a stumped vet again, I'll be sure to use a phony nym
and an alternate provider to ask because I'd still want to read
your thoughts about it.

--
Cheryl