What Price For Kitty?

Old February 18th 05, 02:16 AM
Mary

"CatNipped" wrote

Sure they are! I forgot, Sammy is the toesucker, right? I believe I saw

one
of the photos months ago in anecdotes. Sammy is beautiful. How old is he
now?

"She" (Samantha). Yeah, she's the toe sucker. She's 10 months old now.

3
1/2 feet long, 15+ pounds - and still sucking her toe!!! Here's the

latest
picture taken just a few minutes ago actually (I'm still looking for a
caption - got one?). http://www.possibleplaces.com/Sammy/

lol! How about "Who, ME???" She is huge! Maine Coon, you think?

Old February 18th 05, 02:24 AM
CatNipped

"Mary" wrote in message
news:1108692926.c6f61e80a2e7c945ed9325a2f6b966f4@t eranews...

"CatNipped" wrote

Sure they are! I forgot, Sammy is the toesucker, right? I believe I

saw
one
of the photos months ago in anecdotes. Sammy is beautiful. How old is

he
now?

"She" (Samantha). Yeah, she's the toe sucker. She's 10 months old now.

3
1/2 feet long, 15+ pounds - and still sucking her toe!!! Here's the

latest
picture taken just a few minutes ago actually (I'm still looking for a
caption - got one?). http://www.possibleplaces.com/Sammy/

lol! How about "Who, ME???" She is huge! Maine Coon, you think?

Moggie - a rescue that some idiot was dumping, but yeah, I think she must
have a *LOT* of Maine Coon in her - she has all of the characteristics.
Big, snowshoe-like paws with lots of tufting to protect her paws when
walking on snow. A *thick* plush coat that sheds water like a duck (and
unbelievably soft - that's the one thing everyone who stops and pets her at
PetsMart comments on). Lots of hair tufting the ears to protect from cold.
A looooong, very thick tail that wraps completely around her body to help
keep her warm when she sleeps. A tiny, little squeaky meow. All this and
she lives with me in Houston, TX where the temperature only gets below 50F
for about five minutes a year! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old February 18th 05, 03:05 AM
Cheryl

On Thu 17 Feb 2005 09:24:09p, CatNipped wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
):

Moggie - a rescue that some idiot was dumping, but yeah, I think
she must have a *LOT* of Maine Coon in her - she has all of the
characteristics.

I think she has a LOT of Maine Coon in her. She's friggen huge!

--
Cheryl
Old February 18th 05, 03:09 AM
Mary

"CatNipped" wrote

lol! How about "Who, ME???" She is huge! Maine Coon, you think?

Moggie - a rescue that some idiot was dumping, but yeah, I think she must
have a *LOT* of Maine Coon in her - she has all of the characteristics.
Big, snowshoe-like paws with lots of tufting to protect her paws when
walking on snow. A *thick* plush coat that sheds water like a duck (and
unbelievably soft - that's the one thing everyone who stops and pets her

at
PetsMart comments on). Lots of hair tufting the ears to protect from

cold.
A looooong, very thick tail that wraps completely around her body to help
keep her warm when she sleeps. A tiny, little squeaky meow. All this and
she lives with me in Houston, TX where the temperature only gets below 50F
for about five minutes a year! ;

Lucky you, lucky her! It would be so different to have a big cat. I've
always had
petite girl cats. If I get to adopt any more, I think I want a great big
Maine Coon-ish
male, or a lovely Orange male. And I really want a Siamese-looking cat, too.

By the way, I love Houston! I have a friend there and fly out every now and
then just to visit. I love the ethnic diversity there--and might even live
there,
but I need the distinct seasons.

Old February 18th 05, 04:02 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"CatNipped" wrote in message

"She" (Samantha). Yeah, she's the toe sucker. She's 10 months old now.

3
1/2 feet long, 15+ pounds - and still sucking her toe!!! Here's the

latest
picture taken just a few minutes ago actually (I'm still looking for a
caption - got one?). http://www.possibleplaces.com/Sammy/

What an expression! ;-)

(That's not a suggestion for a caption, just an observation.)

Cathy

Old February 18th 05, 04:04 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"CatNipped" wrote in message

Moggie - a rescue that some idiot was dumping, but yeah, I think she must
have a *LOT* of Maine Coon in her - she has all of the characteristics.
Big, snowshoe-like paws with lots of tufting to protect her paws when
walking on snow. A *thick* plush coat that sheds water like a duck (and
unbelievably soft - that's the one thing everyone who stops and pets her

at
PetsMart comments on). Lots of hair tufting the ears to protect from

cold.
A looooong, very thick tail

A really long tail - one that's as long as the cat's body - is definitely a
Maine Coon characteristic.

Cathy

Old February 18th 05, 04:48 AM

I've seen people in rpca disagree with
one another - even do so vehemently. The
fact that they can do so without rancor,
vileness, or profanity is a testament to
their intelligence, sophistication,
tolerance, and forebearance.

You need to take off your rose colored glasses and quit lying. Some of
the folks at RPCA are quite capable of being nasty, intolerant and
vicious and have done so many times. What's more despicable is that they
can't be honest about it.

Megan.

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old February 18th 05, 04:54 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-18, CatNipped penned:

"She" (Samantha). Yeah, she's the toe sucker. She's 10 months old now. 3
1/2 feet long, 15+ pounds - and still sucking her toe!!! Here's the latest
picture taken just a few minutes ago actually (I'm still looking for a
caption - got one?). http://www.possibleplaces.com/Sammy/

I just *love* that expression on her face. Oscar gets it now and then, but
it's very fleeting. I think of it as her "kitten" face.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old February 18th 05, 05:59 AM
Ashley

"KellyH" wrote in message
"Ashley" wrote in message
Every once in a while I get someone who comes in who just loves black
cats and is drawn to them. Maybe it's a US thing.

I'm not in the US.

I meant "a US thing" to NOT like black cats, as we had those witch trials
and all. I saw that you were in NZ.

OK, gotcha.

Old February 18th 05, 06:21 AM
-L.

Cheryl wrote:

Oh, and Phil? You are very knowledgable about feline issues. You
were partly what got me through Shadow's illness and I'm sure you
didn't approve that I had to put him down and that's ok. You
didn't live with him. I'm sad that you probably will never help me
with cat problems ever again. But this being Usenet, if I need
help and have a stumped vet again, I'll be sure to use a phony nym
and an alternate provider to ask because I'd still want to read
your thoughts about it.

--
Cheryl

Good God, Cheryl - this post almost made me cry. There is no way
*anyone* could rightly say you didn't do enough for Shadow. You
treated him with more love, kindness and compassion than most people
ever would dream of doing. He fought a fierce battle, and you were
right there beside him. Don't *ever* let anyone tell you otherwise.

-L.