Well, that was exciting, not so mighty hunters

Old May 5th 04, 11:34 PM
John Biltz

Default Well, that was exciting, not so mighty hunters

This morning shortly after full daylight a small bird flew in through the
gap at the bottom of my screened patio I leave for the cats to come and
go. As it happens both cats were out on the patio lounging. I don't know
who was more surprised the cats or the bird. The bird got lost of course
and was flapping around up high looking to get out which didn't exactly
calm the cats down who were leaping about running into each other and
generally doing a Keystone Cops impression. I got up and opened the front
door figuring if it flew inside it could get out that way. Finally, it
dived down low through the chairs and shelves. The cats were chasing it
colliding with the furniture and each other. Maya paused long enough to
hiss and take a swipe at Bruiser who was obviously at fault for her not
having bird for breakfast. At least that is how she saw it. As Lynyrd
Skynnyrd would say, this was the break the bird was looking for and
darted out the opening with Maya in hot pursuit but it was too late, the
bird had flown.

Old May 5th 04, 11:51 PM
Christine Burel

Would've loved to have seen this scenario and especially since the little
bird got away! Great story!
Christine

Old May 6th 04, 04:15 AM
Marina

"John Biltz" wrote

Think how the bird must have told the story to its friends. There I was
trapped with these two ferocious giant bird eating carnivore cats. I had
only my wits and my wings between me and certain carrion...

LOL! I agree with Christine, great story.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old May 6th 04, 11:07 AM
Seanette Blaylock

Kreisleriana had some very interesting
things to say about Well, that was exciting, not so mighty
hunters:

There used to be a shop selling exotic birds in Greenwich Village,
where I used to stop and visit. One day when I looked in, I saw a
little grey kitten sitting on the floor, clearly extremely perplexed.
He was surrounded on every side by BIG, BOSSY, FEISTY birds who
obviously had no idea that they were supposed to be prey; and some who
seemed to think that *he* might be. My heart went out to the
little guy; I thought this was going to seriously screw him up.
A few months later I returned, and saw him grown up, and happily
sleeping in a window, a mere couple of steps away from an equally
unconcerned macaw.

Felix and Avery [for those who don't know, Avery is a ringneck dove]
pretty much ignore each other [except when Avery buzzes Felix :-)].

--
"Don't mess with major appliances unless you know what you are doing
(or unless your life insurance policy is up-to-date)." - John, RCFL

Old May 6th 04, 06:07 PM
TBird

We used to have birds fly down the chimney. I once came home from a week of
vacation to find two bird feet in the apartment and nothing else that
indicated a bird had been there. Franny cat looked awfully smug, though.

TBird ---- I love Maya smacking Bruiser for her not catching the bird...