Jet / Potjie; one month on

Old March 15th 06, 11:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Jet / Potjie; one month on

What a lovely story tish~!! I'm so happy it's ended well for 'Mr P'!!!

"Tish Silberbauer" wrote in message
Potjie has been with my father now for about a month, so I thought I'd
give y'all a quick update as to how it's going.

The short answer: really, really well.

The longer answer: Potjie has utterly charmed my father and is setting
about training him. My father is thoroughly enjoying having Potjie
around and each time I, or one of my sisters, phones him we are
treated to a conversation largely filled with how clever, charming and
otherwise perfect Potjie is. His nickname seems to be Mr P. Of
course, according to my father, Mr P is a cat of uncommon intellect
and trainability. From where I sit, Mr P is a cat who excells in
teaching shtoopid hoomins how to best care for a pure-bred princeling
like Himself.

For example, Mr P likes his food. Mr P has trained my father to give
him a small handful of kibble each time Mr P jumps up on the feeding
table *and* has convinced my father that this is a particualrly clever
trick for a cat to learn.

Second example: Mr P has taught my father to clean the litter tray
more than twice each day by dint of peeing on the spare bed doona /
duvet each time my father forgets his humble duties. I think that
this may have been, initally, a stress-reaction more than anything
else as the poor kitty had been shifted from new house to new house so
often in the recent past. I'm hoping he will behave better as he
begins to realise that he is now in his forever home.

Mr P is also working on teaching my father to let him into the big Out
on request, but my father is proving to be difficult to train on that
issue as he would much prefer Mr P to be an indoors-only cat.
Mr P and the d*g, Shima, have a friendly relationship and are learning
to play with one-another.

I just love a happy ending.
Tish

Old March 16th 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Tish Silberbauer wrote:
[...]

Right on, Tish! So glad to hear it's working out so well.
--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old March 16th 06, 04:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:50:39 -0000, "Adrian" wrote:

Thanks for the update. Wasn't there talk of your dad posting here when Mr. P
settled in?

Yes, he did. He must have forgotten, or become uncharacteristically
shy. I'll remind him.

Tish
Old March 17th 06, 10:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Tish Silberbauer wrote:

Potjie has been with my father now for about a month, so I thought I'd
give y'all a quick update as to how it's going.

The short answer: really, really well.

The longer answer: Potjie has utterly charmed my father and is setting
about training him. My father is thoroughly enjoying having Potjie
around and each time I, or one of my sisters, phones him we are
treated to a conversation largely filled with how clever, charming and
otherwise perfect Potjie is. His nickname seems to be Mr P. Of
course, according to my father, Mr P is a cat of uncommon intellect
and trainability. From where I sit, Mr P is a cat who excells in
teaching shtoopid hoomins how to best care for a pure-bred princeling
like Himself.

snip
Mr P is also working on teaching my father to let him into the big Out
on request, but my father is proving to be difficult to train on that
issue as he would much prefer Mr P to be an indoors-only cat.
Mr P and the d*g, Shima, have a friendly relationship and are learning
to play with one-another.

I just love a happy ending.
Tish

I'm so very happy for all involved, this truly is a purrfect happy ending!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek