OMG! They've Discovered Verticality!!!

Old August 4th 07, 03:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

Default OMG! They've Discovered Verticality!!!

Up until now their depredations have been confined to ground level.
However, Ozzy and Archer have discovered that their world has verticality
(especially when they can find something within their jumping range that
leads to something higher). No object is safe on a shelf, no book is left
unchewed, the law of gravity has been proven again, and again, and again
(they do like to confirm their results)!!!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old August 4th 07, 04:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Up until now their depredations have been confined to ground level.
However, Ozzy and Archer have discovered that their world has verticality
(especially when they can find something within their jumping range that
leads to something higher). No object is safe on a shelf, no book is left
unchewed, the law of gravity has been proven again, and again, and again
(they do like to confirm their results)!!!

No matter how many time you get to watch a kitten discover this in their
life, its always new and amazing and totally delightful. Even if the books
were nicer unchewed,

Jo

Old August 4th 07, 05:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Aug 3, 9:53 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
Up until now their depredations have been confined to ground level.
However, Ozzy and Archer have discovered that their world has verticality
(especially when they can find something within their jumping range that
leads to something higher). No object is safe on a shelf, no book is left
unchewed, the law of gravity has been proven again, and again, and again
(they do like to confirm their results)!!!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Oh yeah. We're seeing that too. They're learning new stuff every day.
Unka Frank has
taught them the fine art of trash-digging even. (Most of you already
know, trash-diggers are
not born. It's a learned art).
Sherry

Old August 4th 07, 05:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

CatNipped wrote:
Up until now their depredations have been confined to ground level.
However, Ozzy and Archer have discovered that their world has
verticality (especially when they can find something within their
jumping range that leads to something higher). No object is safe on
a shelf, no book is left unchewed, the law of gravity has been proven
again, and again, and again (they do like to confirm their results)!!!

Just once I wish I could witness this. Perhaps in the distant future when
Persia is no longer with me (sob! I don't let myself think about that). I
would also hope not when I had a bird cage for an inquisitive kitten to
discover verticality on! LOL And since lovebirds live, on average, 22.5
years and Peaches will be 4 in November, chances are I won't witness this
kitten verticality phenomenon myself.

Jill

Old August 4th 07, 06:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

oh yeah, i remember when Nick made it to the top of the cat tree for
the first time and then when he discovered he was so HIGH he started
crying. Awwwwwwww!!!

Then there was the time he discovered he could jump onto the bed.
Errr, well jump and CLING to the mattress and then CLAW his way up
onto the bed. hehehehehehe

Have fun! I hope you've secrued things on the shelves

Kristi

Old August 4th 07, 11:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

CatNipped wrote:
Up until now their depredations have been confined to ground level.
However, Ozzy and Archer have discovered that their world has
verticality (especially when they can find something within their
jumping range that leads to something higher). No object is safe on
a shelf, no book is left unchewed, the law of gravity has been proven
again, and again, and again (they do like to confirm their results)!!!

Are we going to see a video of this new discovery? ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old August 4th 07, 11:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Mischief wrote:
oh yeah, i remember when Nick made it to the top of the cat tree for
the first time and then when he discovered he was so HIGH he started
crying. Awwwwwwww!!!

Then there was the time he discovered he could jump onto the bed.
Errr, well jump and CLING to the mattress and then CLAW his way up
onto the bed. hehehehehehe

Have fun! I hope you've secrued things on the shelves

Kristi

Talking of clawing their way up, Snoopy does that now she's getting older.
She used to jump from the floor to my lap in such a way that she was just
there, now she jumps half way, sticks her claws in my thigh and drags
herself the rest of the way. My thighs now look like I've been running
through rose bushes. Still, so long as she's happy that's all that matters.

Old August 4th 07, 12:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

"Mischief" wrote in message
ups.com...
oh yeah, i remember when Nick made it to the top of the cat tree for
the first time and then when he discovered he was so HIGH he started
crying. Awwwwwwww!!!

Then there was the time he discovered he could jump onto the bed.
Errr, well jump and CLING to the mattress and then CLAW his way up
onto the bed. hehehehehehe

That's what Weeb's used to do - and the sofa, us, drapes...

I remember one time I trimmed his front claws for the first time. He was at
the jump-as-high-as-I-can-and-scramble-to-the-top stage, and he wanted on
the sofa - unfortunately, what he dug his claws into was *not* the edge of
the sofa, but DH's legs. Ouch! (shoulda heard him holler)

So I trimmed his front claws (Weeb's, not DH's). About 5 minutes later, he
tried it again. The look on his littel face when he landed back on the
floor with a "plop" was priceless!

http://www.firstgiving.com/nalee1131964

Old August 4th 07, 01:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
"Mischief" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

(Persia Says) Hey, doan you mak fun uf my Boyfurend Weebs! He wuz da baby
kitty... he din lik you laffin at him fur bein da baby! I's sur I don da
same fing an I's da prety an grazeful catz an so iz Weebles! (meomy sayz so)

Old August 4th 07, 02:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
"Mischief" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Don't worry, Persia -Weeb's didn't get laughed at! He got picked up and
cuddled until he squirmed to get loose! Then he promptly learned to jump
all the way to the top of the bed and sofa. A mighty leap for such a little
tyke!

Now he's a furry handsome and sleek black kitty that can make tremendous
leaps with little or no effort!

He's such a sweet boy and loved very much!

--
http://www.firstgiving.com/nalee1131964