Holiday cards

Old November 26th 04, 06:20 PM
Christina Websell

Default Holiday cards

The mail doesn't come early here any more. If you want it before 8 a.m. you
have to pay an extra fee, so I don't. I makes no difference to me whether
it arrives at 7 or noon.

Today I drove into work to say goodbye to a colleague who is leaving to move
down south to Somerset. I like her very much, and didn't want her to go
without wishing her well, and talking about her father with her, who died on
Tuesday.

When I went out the front door, there were two cards in the porch with
American stamps on. I was tempted to open them there and then, but was
running a little late, so decided to wait.
I was glad I did.
I felt a bit sad when I came home, to say goodbye to a very nice - and
professional - colleague, and to talk about her bereavement, as I was the
last one in the team to lose a parent. It's easier to hold out comfort and
hope, and "do you feel this?".. etc if you've recently been through it
yourself. It helped me tremendously in my bereavement to know my feelings
were experienced by others - strange feelings sometimes, like memories
running through your head like some kind of film - and she felt that,
exactly the same as I did. Think, think, think, about times past.

I came home, feeling a bit drained with my bereavement freshened up a bit.
I opened my cards, my first ones, both from rcpa. Thank you, Catnipped &
Jean H. It both cheered and touched me.
You lot are brilliant.

Tweed

Old November 26th 04, 09:21 PM
CatNipped

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

[...]

You're quite welcome, Tweed, I'm just glad I could help, even in a small
way.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 27th 04, 01:04 AM
Yowie

Wow, the Crews Card Company should go into businesss! That card was really
funny.

Thankyou!

I'm afraid due to unexpected expenses [actually, I should *expect*
unexpected expenses at this time of year!], my cards this year will be cheap
(but cheerful), and some people may well receive them after Christmas
because almost all the cards I send are international. Not that I mind one
little bit, because all of you are very much worth it, but I'm not sure that
I'll be able to afford all the postage in one hit this year. We'll just have
to see. If you do get one late, its not personal - just a random thing.
Think of it as an early "Asutralia Day" card :-)

Yowie

---

Old November 27th 04, 11:03 PM
Jeanne Hedge

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 18:20:20 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

snip

When I went out the front door, there were two cards in the porch with
American stamps on. I was tempted to open them there and then, but was
running a little late, so decided to wait.

snip

I came home, feeling a bit drained with my bereavement freshened up a bit.
I opened my cards, my first ones, both from rcpa. Thank you, Catnipped &
Jean H. It both cheered and touched me.
You lot are brilliant.

Tweed

Happy Hairballidays to you too Tweed

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

============
http://www.jhedge.com
Old November 27th 04, 11:53 PM
Christina Websell

"Jeanne Hedge" wrote in message
On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 18:20:20 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

snip

When I went out the front door, there were two cards in the porch with
American stamps on. I was tempted to open them there and then, but was
running a little late, so decided to wait.

snip

I came home, feeling a bit drained with my bereavement freshened up a bit.
I opened my cards, my first ones, both from rcpa. Thank you, Catnipped &
Jean H. It both cheered and touched me.
You lot are brilliant.

Tweed

Happy Hairballidays to you too Tweed

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

Sorry I spelt your name wrong Jeanne, I have a neighbour called Jean, that's
my excuse anyway. I have never seen such as card as you sent, I'm certain
we'd never get one like this in England. Hairballidays. LOL!!
Catnip's card was fantastic too.. Home made and so funny. Posh educated
writing. I loved both the cards. My first holiday cards, I've put them up
on top of my stereo system. When I get more, they'll have to move and be
pinned on to the door or wall.
What a group this is.

Tweed

Old November 28th 04, 01:42 AM
CatNipped

"Yowie" wrote in message
Wow, the Crews Card Company should go into businesss! That card was really
funny.

Thanks Yowie - I do one every year (it started one year, 2001, when I didn't
have enough money to buy cards for everybody so I made them and then my
family insisted I do the same every year!).

Here's last year's (2003) card - http://www.gcmensa.org/card1.htm

Here's the one from 2002 - http://www.possibleplaces.com/christmas/2002a.asp

Here's the one from 2001 - http://www.gcmensa.org/images/cats/xmascard1.html

Thankyou!

I'm afraid due to unexpected expenses [actually, I should *expect*
unexpected expenses at this time of year!], my cards this year will be

cheap
(but cheerful), and some people may well receive them after Christmas
because almost all the cards I send are international. Not that I mind one
little bit, because all of you are very much worth it, but I'm not sure

that
I'll be able to afford all the postage in one hit this year. We'll just

have
to see. If you do get one late, its not personal - just a random thing.
Think of it as an early "Asutralia Day" card :-)

Totally understand, this time of year is hard on the pocket book.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Yowie

---

Old December 4th 04, 02:12 AM
Jean Hobbs

Glad they helped, didn't realise they'd get there that quick
Jean.P.

&
Jean H. It both cheered and touched me.
You lot are brilliant.

Tweed

You're quite welcome, Tweed, I'm just glad I could help, even in a small
way.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Holiday Cards Away - YAY! CatNipped Cat anecdotes 14 November 28th 04 02:50 AM
Holiday Cards! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 14 December 11th 03 03:18 AM
Holiday Cards... jmcquown Cat anecdotes 10 November 15th 03 11:24 PM