Tasteless use of cat in advertising

Old April 8th 04, 06:34 AM
MacCandace

What a strange web of logic you and others with a similar view weave..

Well, you appear to be in the minority here so maybe you're the one with the
strange web of logic or lack thereof.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye other
than human." (Loren Eisely)
Old April 8th 04, 09:49 AM
Alison

"RobZip" wrote in message
I can only hope that the Brits use standards of not harming animals

in
production of advertising like this. Still - address your outrage to

Ford
for even protraying it.

http://dpkgi.free.fr/files/ka2.mpg

Hi ,
My media thingie doesnt work, so can you describe the ad.
Alison

Old April 8th 04, 09:53 AM
Alison

"kaeli" wrote in message

For those who have problems with mpg files, it's a car (ford focus

from
the look of it) with an automatic sliding roof thing that

decapitates a
cat.

Oh no , that is sick . I don't remember seeing that but I should
think that would bring a storm of protest.
I'll check with the Uk forums.
Alison

Old April 8th 04, 10:07 AM
Alison

"Jeannie" wrote in message
There has been a big outcry in the papers about this advert in the

UK. It's
never been shown on T.V., its a "viral advert" which means that they

put it
out on the net and people pass it along via email. As far as I know

there
is a series of these type of adverts but I've only heard about this

one.

no wonder I hadn't seen it.!

On the other hand, here in the UK there are also a series of adverts

on T.V.
all the time (I can't remember what they're for) showing people

having their
heads bitten off by animals....with absolutely no complaints!

Strange.

For Fosters beer? ooh , that's gotta hurt!
But that's funny. LOL
Alison

Old April 8th 04, 10:11 AM
Alison