Persia's Kicking Her Fear!

Old August 23rd 03, 07:31 AM
Jill McQuown

Default Persia's Kicking Her Fear!

She's normally terrified of thunder. Runs and hides. Tonight a bad storm
rolled through and we lost electricity. She did her usual vanishing act.
But then the storm subsided and I woke up when the power came back on. She
wandered into the bedroom, meowing at me. Wanted pats and reassurance.

Well, the storm is back, but she's bravely standing by me. It's almost like
she's thinking "If Mom doesn't hide, then I don't have to, either." I keep
patting her and giving her reassuring scratches. She's actually rolled over
on her back for belly rubs! Good girl! It's just noisy weather

Jill & Persia
^..^

Old August 23rd 03, 02:40 PM
polonca12000

What a great improvement!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Jill McQuown" wrote in message
She's normally terrified of thunder. snip Well, the storm is back, but

she's bravely standing by me.

Old August 23rd 03, 04:21 PM
bewtifulfreak

Jill McQuown wrote:

Well, the storm is back, but she's bravely standing by me. It's
almost like she's thinking "If Mom doesn't hide, then I don't have
to, either." I keep patting her and giving her reassuring scratches.
She's actually rolled over on her back for belly rubs! Good girl!
It's just noisy weather

Aww, what a brave little girl! Good for you for encouraging her with all
those well-deserved scratches and rubs.

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Old August 23rd 03, 06:34 PM
Hopitus2

We used to have a beloved cat named DurDur who was so terrified of thunder
he would go hide behind the dryer in the laundry room and after the storm
when we went to find him, a huge dustbunny would emerge from behind where
the vent was; only to be immediately snatched up and cleaned off by his
hoomins. We dearly loved him, but he never got over his "thunder terror".

"bewtifulfreak" wrote in message
: Jill McQuown wrote:
:
: Well, the storm is back, but she's bravely standing by me. It's
: almost like she's thinking "If Mom doesn't hide, then I don't have
: to, either." I keep patting her and giving her reassuring scratches.
: She's actually rolled over on her back for belly rubs! Good girl!
: It's just noisy weather
:
: Aww, what a brave little girl! Good for you for encouraging her with all
: those well-deserved scratches and rubs.
:
: Ann
:
: --
:

Old August 23rd 03, 10:56 PM
Sherry

Yay, Persia! What a brave girl!

Sherry
Old August 24th 03, 02:20 AM
Brenda Watkins

"Jill McQuown" wrote in message
She's normally terrified of thunder. Runs and hides. Tonight a bad storm
rolled through and we lost electricity. She did her usual vanishing act.
But then the storm subsided and I woke up when the power came back on.

She
wandered into the bedroom, meowing at me. Wanted pats and reassurance.

Well, the storm is back, but she's bravely standing by me. It's almost

like
she's thinking "If Mom doesn't hide, then I don't have to, either." I

keep
patting her and giving her reassuring scratches. She's actually rolled

over
on her back for belly rubs! Good girl! It's just noisy weather

Jill & Persia
^..^

Emily's afraid of thunder, too. She has various hiding places throughout
the house, and runs from one to another depending on where I am - she tries
to hide as close to me as she can.
Brenda