No matter where I go...

Old March 5th 06, 08:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default No matter where I go...

.... there they are. This was true when I only had three cats in the
apartment, but with four, it seems like I am being spied on or
something. My three cats are always within five feet of me. Now
Calico, my foster has decided she needs to be underfoot too. I don't
know why, but four seems so many more than three.

I guess I am loved and should just count my blessings. I don't know
what I would do without my three and well, I am glad Calico has a place
to live for right now and I am glad she is adjusting to the apartment.
If you had told me I could add a fourth cat to my crew and not have
behavior problems start, I would have been leery. But having the
situation come up like it did, I found out. Now I know that when I
finish school and move into a larger place, I can have another cat.

In the mean time, I will just feel like I am being spied on.

Bridget
Old March 5th 06, 09:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

It is rather amazing how they just appear from nowhere! I only have two, and
it still seems that they are everywhere all at once!

sandra

Old March 5th 06, 11:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Bridget wrote:
[...]

Not only are you being spied on, everything is being reported back to the
mohership. ;o)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old March 5th 06, 01:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

no, no Bridget, not spied on, just loved 100 times over.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old March 5th 06, 01:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Bridget wrote:
[...]

And even if they're not right in the room with you, they know just what
you're up to. That's their job.
Old March 5th 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Bridget wrote:
[...]

Here's my theory. You've noticed a huge difference between 3 cats &
four, right? I call it "cat critical mass." There's a specific number
of cats, different number for everyone, and when you cross that number,
it just seems like there are cats everywhere. CAts everywhere you look.
My personal cat critical mass number is four. We crossed that when we
had to take in Bosley. We've had him a year now, and I *still* feel a
little overwhelmed sometimes.
Some people can have six, eight, a dozen kitties, even more and be
comfortable with them, take great care of them. I applaud them! But I'm
not one of them.

Sherry

Old March 5th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

... there they are. This was true when I only had three cats in the
apartment, but with four, it seems like I am being spied on or
something.

I don't know what it's like to have three cats. We went from two right
to four, so I'm not sure how that would be. I'm okay with four--it's
still possible for me to be in a kittie-free room even though we only
have five rooms plus a hallway.

--Fil

Old March 5th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jXwXeXrXmXoXnXt" wrote in message

I felt a bit that way when I went from 2 to 3, after deciding to keep
Licky. It still feels a bit much to me - 2 was the perfect number.///

3 is my critical mass. Pandora especially is finding it particularly
stressful living in a house with 4 other cats. Fortunately, Robbie will
be off to live with my mom and dad at the end of the year when they come
back to the UK and retire, and I'm kinda hoping that Lily goes too, much
as I adore her. She needs people home all the time and to be able to
supervise someone and demand attention 24/7.

Helen M

Old March 6th 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 08:18:18 +0000 (UTC), "Sandra"
yodeled:

It is rather amazing how they just appear from nowhere! I only have two, and
it still seems that they are everywhere all at once!

sandra

I think cats' *presence* increases geometrically with their physical
beings. I have two, and it feels like there are cats everywhere.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War