Lazy eye kitten

Old September 15th 04, 07:30 AM
guynoir

Default Lazy eye kitten

I just trapped a kitten whose right eye doesn't track with her left. Is
this a common condition? Will it clear up?

Anybody want to see pictures of an adorable wee little gray and white
kitten? Anybody want one?
--
John Kimmel

"It is bitter--bitter!
But I like it--
Because it is bitter--
And because it is my coffee."

Old September 16th 04, 02:41 AM
MacCandace

Anybody want to see pictures of an adorable wee little gray and white
kitten? Anybody want one?

Yes, to the first question. Sorry, no, to the 2nd. I don't know about the
lazy eye thing.

Whatever happened to the feral kitty you let loose? Does he still come back to
eat?

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye other
than human." (Loren Eisely)

Old September 16th 04, 07:37 AM
-L. :

guynoir wrote in message nk.net...
I just trapped a kitten whose right eye doesn't track with her left. Is
this a common condition? Will it clear up?

Anybody want to see pictures of an adorable wee little gray and white
kitten? Anybody want one?

When they are little, often they have one lazy eye. It should get better with time.

-L.
(no kittens for me!)

Old September 16th 04, 08:42 PM
Sharon Talbert

Consult the vet you are working with. Campus Cats has trapped many a
feral kitten, yet I've only seen one cock-eyed kitten, and she was a
purebred! The condition greatly improved over time. (I did some
follow-the-finger eye exercises with her.)

Always best to ask your vet, though.

Sharon Talbert
Campus Cats

Old September 17th 04, 05:10 AM
John Kimmel

Pictures are here, get her while she's cute:
http://home.teleport.com/~guy_noir/i...tock/weekitty/
The lazy eye is clearly evident in some of the photos.

Shadow, the feral cat with the broken leg is doing ok. When I
"released" him, I merely stopped locking him up in the house. He still
comes and goes as he pleases, and often sleeps in the laundry room next
to the water heater. He still hates me. He still has a fascination for
my cat "Pip". He seems to have lost some of his unique personality,
though, less cheerful, less affectionate (towards Pip, not that Pip has
ever given him any encouragement). I think that being out of
circulation for a month resulted in loss of status among the ferals.

MacCandace wrote:
Anybody want to see pictures of an adorable wee little gray and white
kitten? Anybody want one?

Yes, to the first question. Sorry, no, to the 2nd. I don't know about the
lazy eye thing.

Whatever happened to the feral kitty you let loose? Does he still come back to
eat?

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye other
than human." (Loren Eisely)

--
John Kimmel

"Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum." - When you have
their full attention in your grip, their hearts and minds will follow.

Old September 18th 04, 03:03 AM
MacCandace

Pictures are here, get her while she's cute:
http://home.teleport.com/~guy_noir/i...tock/weekitty/
The lazy eye is clearly evident in some of the photos.

She's cute, are you keeping her?

Glad Shadow is hanging around still.