Woman Let's Go Of Cat To Survive

Old September 18th 04, 05:52 PM
Cat Protector

Even in a situation like this, I was simply pointing out how some people see
their cats as nothing more than property. She could have taken the cat out
of the carrier to give the animal a fighting chance. She didn't and then let
the poor float away (a cat carrier filled with water will not float but a
cat out of the carrier can swim and certainly weighs less) and drown.
Emergency officials also advise that you do not drive your vehicle through a
flood. The highest point would be the roof of your house and it would have
been safer there than being in that truck.

With the pounding of Ivan some stayed behind to weather the storm because
they did want to abandon their animals. I respect these people who did that.
I also believe that in a crisis situation that you also have a sound
evacuation plan and as tough as it may seem, you do not panic.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

"Mary" wrote in message
m...
People who condemn the actions of those who find themselves
in terrifying situations never experienced by their critics quite
simply do not know what the hell they are talking about.
Reminds me of the stories about Jacqueline Kennedy after
her husband was shot. People felt she was disloyal or less
than honorable because she fled the car after having her
husband's head explode all over her.

Old September 18th 04, 05:59 PM
Cat Protector

Actually the people like me would have had an emergency evacuation plan and
actually practice it so when the real thing happened I and my felines would
be well prepared.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

"Brandy Alexandre" wrote in message
People like Cat Protector are the types who run while on fire, run
outside during an earthquake, watch out the window during a tornado,
and so on. Personally, I would have evacuated with my pets long before
the storm hit. That would have guaranteed the survival of all
concerned. But given the circumstances, there really wasn't a great
deal she could do, and given my personal experience with reporters and
writers, I take the tone of the text with a grain of salt.

--
Brandy Alexandre®
http://www.swydm.com/?refer=BrandyAlx

Old September 18th 04, 06:02 PM
Luvskats00

Sometimes shooting fish in a barrell is relaxing. :-)

Not the best choice of a phrase..!
Old September 18th 04, 06:02 PM
Luvskats00

Old September 18th 04, 06:02 PM
Cat Protector

It will never happen to me (unless of course I was not home when the
incident occured) because I have an emergency plan if I ever need to
evacuate my home including what to pack for the duration of the emergency.
My emergency plan also includes the cats.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

"Mary" wrote in message
om...
While I would never wish this situation on anyone, I would
give everything I have to be a "fly-on-the-wall" with a camcorder if this
ever happened to you.

Old September 18th 04, 06:06 PM
Cat Protector

I am not a troll though, just someone who is completely upset at how some
humans treat cats as objects when given an emergency situation.

Old September 18th 04, 06:06 PM
Mary

"Luvskats00" wrote in message
Sometimes shooting fish in a barrell is relaxing. :-)

Not the best choice of a phrase..!

G You a fish lover, are you?