We have adoption!!!!!

Old July 13th 04, 10:24 PM
Karen

Default We have adoption!!!!!

I was telling my co-workers about the precious persian this morning and how
I felt it was somehow fateful when I saw her when my supervisor walked in
and said "My mom's 17 y.o. siamese died". I mentioned about this cat but
not suggesting she tell her mom about it or anything (you know, it takes
different people different times to adopt again). My super was agonizing
over what to do, and maybe she should go get her another Siamese (which I
did NOT think a good idea since that seems like "replacing" a loved pet). I
didn't really even think that my super heard me about the cat I saw. Then
after she went to lunch I got a call from her. She had called her mom and
mentioned this cat I saw and her mom went nuts and wanted to talk to me. So
she called me and she was really ready to just go get her. Long story short,
Nina is now ensconced in my supervisor's mothers house with two doting
retirees who will pamper her and take her with them in their RV on trips and
comb her while watching tv. I think this will work. They can take her back
to my vet if it doesn't work out, but I don't see how it won't. These are
people that constantly adjusted doses of phenobarbitol for their aging dog
for years and immediately turned around in their RV, even if they were as
far away as Florida if the Siamese acted homesick. Can we say Pet People??
Even *if* Nina needs pills it won't bother them and honestly, I bet she
didn't have much company like she will with this couple. Yeah.!!!!!!

Old July 13th 04, 10:25 PM
Sherry

Awww Karen. That sounds so good. I hope it works out, they sound perfect. The
little kitty sounds so sweet and dainty. I bet she's "polite", too, like Biskit
and Betty.

Sherry

Old July 13th 04, 10:33 PM
Cheryl

In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes", "Karen"
artfully composed this message within
on 13 Jul 2004:

Long story short,
Nina is now ensconced in my supervisor's mothers house with two
doting retirees who will pamper her and take her with them in
their RV on trips and comb her while watching tv. I think this
will work.

Yay for Nina!

--
Cheryl

[...]