Liz's Food recommendations

Old October 14th 03, 10:27 PM
GAUBSTER2

I've sampled a couple. I'm not a beer drinker, I don't like the taste.
shrug

GASP...the horror!

You're just saying that because the weather has turned. Try a nice
full-bodied Porter or Stout (highly recommend Rogue Shakespeare Stout or
Deschutes Porter) for something to curl your toes and warm your belly on
a cold night.

Alright, Alison...I'll give one of 'em a try!

Old October 14th 03, 10:30 PM
GAUBSTER2

Not only does Gaubster, a resident of the NW, not partake of the
microbrews but he is barely even a coffee drinker!

OH THE HUMANITY!!!

I'll admit to my regular downing of mochas. I own a Starbucks Barista machine
at home and make myself and my wife a mocha each morning. I can't stand
Seattle's Best Coffee mochas however! Those things are undrinkable! As for
"regular" coffee...no thanks!

I actually held my rehearsal dinner and reception for my wedding in two
different brewpubs in Portland. (Portland Brewing and McMenamins Kennedy
School.)

Haven't been to the "Kennedy School" since '97! Did you live out here for
quite a while?

Old October 14th 03, 10:34 PM
GAUBSTER2

Because there are a bunch of immature, unhappy people that have
finally found a haven amongst other losers and then don't like it
when they are challenged? shrug

Wrong, but whatever floats your boat. Challenged? Heh. Your
boneheaded, stubborn, incorrect information and selective reading is
more like it.

I don't know Cheryl...the way some act on this board only begins to support
this theory of mine about immature, unhappy people. I wish it wasn't the case
and we could banter about experiences, opinions, theories, and facts w/o
degenerating into a bunch of flaming, sniping, cussing, and personal attacks.
Your post above, however, is just more evidence of what I see here all so
often.

Again, just because you don't like what I have to say doesn't make it
incorrect. You (and others)should be able to agree and disagree w/o being a
jerk at the same time.