A cat forum. CatBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CatBanter forum » Cat Newsgroups » Cat community
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Being a Considerate Cat Owner



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old July 30th 03, 10:17 PM
bewtifulfreak
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"Dee" wrote in message
...
On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, bewtifulfreak wrote:

"Cheryl" wrote in message


I need to add a picture from the outside, but here is one of my
kitties enjoying the sun
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...82978103lvhuIP


Your Shadow's a doll, he looks almost exactly like my Greebo (big ol'

black
boy with teddy bear face)!


Aww Cheryl *hug* !!

I don't usually get to look at everyone's photos because pine doesn't
support links (and I haven't figured out how to cut and paste with the
windows 2000 telnet box), but I had to see Shadow, I feel like he's out
brother! He's just as handsome as can be. I'm looking at your after
hospital pics now, and I feel so bad for both of you.


Oh, what happened to Shadow, Cheryl? I didn't realize! Is he okay now? I
know how you feel, too, Dee; it was so sad when we had to have our little
Gaspode put to sleep, and he had the little shaved leg where they'd taken
blood or whatever. It just makes them look that much more vulnerable.

Ann


  #12  
Old July 30th 03, 10:49 PM
Andy MacAskill
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

bewtifulfreak wrote:

Anyone have suggestions for keeping your cats out of a garden they're
unwelcome in? I don't want to have to keep them in, as they've been
enjoying going out for more than a year now - since before this person moved
in, in fact - and they're generally very safe roaming out back, but I do
respect the fact that she's not too happy that they're interfering with her
garden. She claims to have tried everything and given up; I have no idea
what she actually has tried, as she didn't really seem to want to discuss
the subject, seemed politely but annoyedly resigned, so I feel the onus is
on me. But other than try and fence little areas in the bushes that they
sneak through (and they could still just jump onto and over the fence), I'm
at a real loss as to what I might do to resolve the situation. I want to
keep both neighbor and cats happy, but have no idea how I might acheive
this! Any ideas would be most gratefully received.

Ann

P.S. She never actually brought it up, but we had to go and ask her when we
saw her out back once if the cats were bothering her or interfering with her
garden, and got the answer we'd hoped not to hear! All the more reason I
wish I could do something about it, because even though she's doesn't really
go out of her way to be neighborly to us, she's always been polite and never
made the stink that she could have about the cats, so I'd really like to try
and show her some consideration in return.


Offer to surround the perimeter of her garden with planted onions? (I've
heard it's supposed to keep out wabbits.)
  #13  
Old July 30th 03, 11:04 PM
Cheryl
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Dee wrote:
On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, bewtifulfreak wrote:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...82978103lvhuIP


Your Shadow's a doll, he looks almost exactly like my Greebo (big
ol' black boy with teddy bear face)!


I never heard him described that way but you're absolutely right. lol
Actually, years ago when he got his full figure (he was badly
malnourished and skinny as a rail when I took him in) he reminded me
of a bear -- very muscular. Greebo sounds very special, too.

Aww Cheryl *hug* !!

I don't usually get to look at everyone's photos because pine

doesn't
support links (and I haven't figured out how to cut and paste with

the
windows 2000 telnet box), but I had to see Shadow, I feel like he's
out brother! He's just as handsome as can be. I'm looking at your
after hospital pics now, and I feel so bad for both of you. I know
just how you felt. It makes me sad to see the little shaved spot on
Shadow's leg, h0p had them in his front and back legs each more than
once the first time,


You should have see the ruckus caused by a pic I posted in the binary
group after his liver aspiration and his tummy was shaved. I took a
pic because the vet said to watch out for black spots so I wanted a
record of what it looked like. I called the thread "Shaved Pussy"
;o)

and has a new one now. It always bothered me that Sunny died with

her
front legs shaved like that ...just didn't seem right. Well, hell.
that all got more maudlin than I'd intended! Shadow's awesome, he
reminds me
of my Sam


Dee


Awww... I'm sure Sunny knew you were doing all you could for her and
her shaved legs were a tribute to that. Poor girl. She's in a better
place now.

Cheryl


  #14  
Old July 30th 03, 11:21 PM
bewtifulfreak
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"Andy MacAskill" wrote in message
...

Offer to surround the perimeter of her garden with planted onions? (I've
heard it's supposed to keep out wabbits.)


LOL....I wonder what she'd think of that? At least it would keep our rabbit
out, not that he ever actually goes over there (he only roams the yard a
little when we're sitting out there, and hasn't yet tried venturing into her
garden, not that I'm sure he's found the way yet, or he just might)!


  #15  
Old July 30th 03, 11:26 PM
bewtifulfreak
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

"Cheryl" wrote in message
...
Dee wrote:
On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, bewtifulfreak wrote:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...82978103lvhuIP


Your Shadow's a doll, he looks almost exactly like my Greebo (big
ol' black boy with teddy bear face)!


I never heard him described that way but you're absolutely right. lol
Actually, years ago when he got his full figure (he was badly
malnourished and skinny as a rail when I took him in) he reminded me
of a bear -- very muscular. Greebo sounds very special, too.


Yeah, both my boys are sweeties....our scanner's bust, but I'll have to
borrow the mother-in-law's soon, and get some pix of them up! My guys are
both huge, but I don't really think of them as muscular, because even though
they're at their ideal weight now - they were a little overweight before -
they still have tummy skin that hangs down and flaps from side-to-side when
they walk (Greebo more so than Crowley, cuz he's just a bit bigger anyway),
which makes my otherwise gorgeous cats look a bit less than regal, LOL!

Ann



  #16  
Old July 31st 03, 01:29 AM
Dee
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, bewtifulfreak wrote:

Gaspode put to sleep, and he had the little shaved leg where they'd taken
blood or whatever. It just makes them look that much more vulnerable.


Aww I'm sorry Ann. That's a decision I haven't had to make yet. Yes
though, the vulnerability, that's exactly it.


Dee

  #17  
Old July 31st 03, 01:39 AM
Dee
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Cheryl wrote:

You should have see the ruckus caused by a pic I posted in the binary
group after his liver aspiration and his tummy was shaved. I took a
pic because the vet said to watch out for black spots so I wanted a
record of what it looked like. I called the thread "Shaved Pussy"
;o)


Yike! Haha!!! I posted before I got to look at the pics of argh, so
tired, your other cat's name?? Not Bonnie but...*sigh* Anyway, she and
Shadow together look just like Sammy!


Awww... I'm sure Sunny knew you were doing all you could for her and
her shaved legs were a tribute to that. Poor girl. She's in a better
place now.


I wonder if all out little ones that we outlive will be playing together.
I kind of like the thought of that

Dee


  #18  
Old July 31st 03, 12:44 PM
The Charming Ones
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"Andy MacAskill" wrote in message
...
bewtifulfreak wrote:

Anyone have suggestions for keeping your cats out of a garden they're
unwelcome in? I don't want to have to keep them in, as they've been
enjoying going out for more than a year now - since before this person

moved
in, in fact - and they're generally very safe roaming out back, but I do
respect the fact that she's not too happy that they're interfering with

her
garden. She claims to have tried everything and given up; I have no

idea
what she actually has tried, as she didn't really seem to want to

discuss
the subject, seemed politely but annoyedly resigned, so I feel the onus

is
on me. But other than try and fence little areas in the bushes that

they
sneak through (and they could still just jump onto and over the fence),

I'm
at a real loss as to what I might do to resolve the situation. I want

to
keep both neighbor and cats happy, but have no idea how I might acheive
this! Any ideas would be most gratefully received.

Ann

P.S. She never actually brought it up, but we had to go and ask her when

we
saw her out back once if the cats were bothering her or interfering with

her
garden, and got the answer we'd hoped not to hear! All the more reason

I
wish I could do something about it, because even though she's doesn't

really
go out of her way to be neighborly to us, she's always been polite and

never
made the stink that she could have about the cats, so I'd really like to

try
and show her some consideration in return.


Offer to surround the perimeter of her garden with planted onions? (I've
heard it's supposed to keep out wabbits.)


But it's not wabbits she is trying to keep out is it? ;o)

TT


  #19  
Old August 16th 03, 06:49 PM
Alain
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Try puting mothbals around and in the garden. Also helps keep out ants,
may attract some birds.
Spray some vinegar around the garden.
Use cat repeling spray, may have to try a few brands.
Find some flowers your cat don't like. Plant some around the garden.
Some flowers even help keep away some nasty bugs.
My cat positively *HATE* asterias (that star shaped fruit), it make her
puke! Some slices or some juice may do the trick.
Sprinkle some hot pepper chips or other strong spices in the area. Most
cats don't like spices. Some pepper spray perhap.

Alain

bewtifulfreak nous aporta ses lumieres en ce 2003/07/29 12:33 :

Anyone have suggestions for keeping your cats out of a garden they're
unwelcome in? I don't want to have to keep them in, as they've been
enjoying going out for more than a year now - since before this person moved
in, in fact - and they're generally very safe roaming out back, but I do
respect the fact that she's not too happy that they're interfering with her
garden. She claims to have tried everything and given up; I have no idea
what she actually has tried, as she didn't really seem to want to discuss
the subject, seemed politely but annoyedly resigned, so I feel the onus is
on me. But other than try and fence little areas in the bushes that they
sneak through (and they could still just jump onto and over the fence), I'm
at a real loss as to what I might do to resolve the situation. I want to
keep both neighbor and cats happy, but have no idea how I might acheive
this! Any ideas would be most gratefully received.

Ann

P.S. She never actually brought it up, but we had to go and ask her when we
saw her out back once if the cats were bothering her or interfering with her
garden, and got the answer we'd hoped not to hear! All the more reason I
wish I could do something about it, because even though she's doesn't really
go out of her way to be neighborly to us, she's always been polite and never
made the stink that she could have about the cats, so I'd really like to try
and show her some consideration in return.





  #20  
Old August 16th 03, 08:28 PM
Nan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 13:49:51 -0400, Alain
wrote:

Try puting mothbals around and in the garden. Also helps keep out ants,
may attract some birds.
Spray some vinegar around the garden.
Use cat repeling spray, may have to try a few brands.
Find some flowers your cat don't like. Plant some around the garden.
Some flowers even help keep away some nasty bugs.
My cat positively *HATE* asterias (that star shaped fruit), it make her
puke! Some slices or some juice may do the trick.
Sprinkle some hot pepper chips or other strong spices in the area. Most
cats don't like spices. Some pepper spray perhap.

Alain


Mothballs are dangerous for cats.

Nan
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Owner found!! Puurs for a lost dog dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 18 October 30th 04 02:39 PM
Fat Cat on Hunger Strike After Owner Goes Away Duke of URL Cat anecdotes 104 April 17th 04 05:00 AM
Long-gone microchipped cat finds owner Victor M. Martinez Cat anecdotes 3 September 26th 03 09:20 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 CatBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.