Giving fluids at home...

Old August 24th 06, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kitkat

Default Giving fluids at home...

First attempt...and I already screwed up cuz I was too nervous. First, I
had DH turn the drip on too soon and it started spurting everywhere,
getting Dudley all wet. doh!!!! Then, I got the needle in but it didnt
seem like it was in right or something because he was very squirmy and I
got super nervous and yanked it back out.

We're gonna try agian after dinner.

All suggestions and tips appreciated!

Old August 24th 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gail

Check out this site
http://www.felinecrf.org/giving_sub-qs_giving_set.htm
et...

Old August 24th 06, 02:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kitkat

Gail wrote:
Check out this site
http://www.felinecrf.org/giving_sub-qs_giving_set.htm

thanks! we're gonna give it a try here again in a few!
Old August 24th 06, 02:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gail

I did this last year with my chronic renal failure cat. It takes a bit of
time to get the hang of it. You will, though.
Gail
"Kitkat" wrote in message
m...

Old August 24th 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gail

PS. I asked the vet if he would prescribe Valium. For me, not for the
cat......
Gail
"Gail" wrote in message
link.net...
I did this last year with my chronic renal failure cat. It takes a bit of
time to get the hang of it. You will, though.
Gail
"Kitkat" wrote in message
m...

Old August 24th 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kitkat

Gail wrote:
I did this last year with my chronic renal failure cat. It takes a bit of
time to get the hang of it. You will, though.

Success!!!! I'm still totally nervous and we're even done! But he was a
good boy and I felt much better this time! Yay!

Thanks, friends!
Dudley and I (and DH!) appreciate it!
Old August 24th 06, 02:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kitkat

Gail wrote:
PS. I asked the vet if he would prescribe Valium. For me, not for the
cat......
Gail

SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dudley is resting nicely after his fluids. He leaked for a second
because I forgot to pinch the spot, but no biggie.
Old August 24th 06, 03:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Kitkat" wrote in message
m...
Gail wrote:
PS. I asked the vet if he would prescribe Valium. For me, not for the
cat......
Gail

SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dudley is resting nicely after his fluids. He leaked for a second
because I forgot to pinch the spot, but no biggie.

I know he feels better. Now, as for you ... have a glass of wine! I am about
to pour myself one. Good job, Pam.

Old August 24th 06, 03:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kitkat

cybercat wrote:
"Kitkat" wrote in message
m...

Gail wrote:

PS. I asked the vet if he would prescribe Valium. For me, not for the
cat......
Gail

SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dudley is resting nicely after his fluids. He leaked for a second
because I forgot to pinch the spot, but no biggie.

I know he feels better. Now, as for you ... have a glass of wine! I am about
to pour myself one. Good job, Pam.

Hah. Sounds good but I'm still slaving over him. I'm heading out to try
and find the Fancy Feast stuff that he ate VORACIOUSLY last nite and
this morning. Gotta keep the ole boy eating any way possible! He just
turned his nose up at about 5 different things. He has eaten enough to
make me happy today but i'd be reallllly happy if he'd have one more
little snack for the night.

Maybe then I'll have a glass of wine.
Or slam my head with a frying pan. Either one.

Old August 24th 06, 06:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Kitkat wrote:

Hah. Sounds good but I'm still slaving over him. I'm heading out to try
and find the Fancy Feast stuff that he ate VORACIOUSLY last nite and
this morning. Gotta keep the ole boy eating any way possible! He just
turned his nose up at about 5 different things. He has eaten enough to
make me happy today but i'd be reallllly happy if he'd have one more
little snack for the night.

Kira really likes the Fancy Feast too.

Since she has been sick, she has lost over 2 lbs. She has eaten some
foods okay, but no weight gain. Finally stopped losing, which is good
since she was down to skeleton. But finally, she is gaining. I've tried
5 flavors so far, and she loves them all. She has been eating 3 of the
3oz cans per day. It takes her a couple sittings, but she licks the
plates dry and sits there waiting for more. She is still skinny, but
her hips aren't sticking out so bad, her face has filled in a bit, and
her ribs aren't so pokey. And she doesn't feel like a feather when I
pick her up.

If you haven't already, grab a bunch of different flavors and see what
he likes the most. Kira likes the flakier kinds that fall apart the
most, but she eats all of them so far.

Sasha is home meow Cat anecdotes 8 January 20th 06 07:41 PM
We're home :-) badwilson Cat anecdotes 27 November 2nd 04 12:52 PM
Persia is glad I'm home! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 24 May 16th 04 02:58 PM
Giving Fluids at Home Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 33 February 15th 04 12:04 AM