{OT] Medical stuff

Old September 29th 06, 07:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default {OT] Medical stuff

Well, I've been through how many tests and I don't know what all
lately, but here's the updates.

Guy Warning: Some icky female stuff is mentioned.

The MRI showed that I have apparently (like Randy) had at least 20
TIAs (mini-strokes). This is a bit scary, and makes it more likely I
will have The Big One in the future.

The ovarian cyst is still there. It is a dermoid cyst (gross!). The
gynecologist and I agreed to just watch it with ultrasounds every few
months to make sure it doesn't change. Cancer rates with these are
only 1-3%, and I'd rather avoid surgery if at all possible.

My ribs are healing -- finally I can cough and sneeze without pain!

And both my pap test and mammogram were normal -- yeah!

Somebody mentioned Katie walking on me and the power of purr from cats
which started a whole conversation I couldn't follow. But Wolfie is
actually the nurse cat who "gets it". Kate is too young yet. Wolfie
(he's the one who came to me declawed) got on my side the other day,
and kneaded my ribs, purring all the while. Then he actuallly lay on
top of my side, purring. And you know what? I felt better the next
day, and thanked him for his wonderful massage. :-)

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Animals in Movies Website)
Old September 29th 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

wrote in message
news
[...]

Wow, purrs to you, Ginger-lyn!

kili

Old September 29th 06, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

wrote:

The MRI showed that I have apparently (like Randy) had at least 20
TIAs (mini-strokes). This is a bit scary, and makes it more likely I
will have The Big One in the future.

That is scary! Is there anything you/they can do to prevent that, or at
least, to prepare for the possibility? Purrs!!

I've been wondering if anything neurological was going on with you, with
all those accidents. "I'm just clumsy" didn't seem to explain it very
well! :-/

The ovarian cyst is still there. It is a dermoid cyst (gross!). The
gynecologist and I agreed to just watch it with ultrasounds every few
months to make sure it doesn't change. Cancer rates with these are
only 1-3%, and I'd rather avoid surgery if at all possible.

Is it possible to have your ovaries removed laproscopically? That might
not be too difficult. Although if you're having strokes, I guess it's
not a good idea to introduce blood clots.

Somebody mentioned Katie walking on me and the power of purr from cats
which started a whole conversation I couldn't follow. But Wolfie is
actually the nurse cat who "gets it". Kate is too young yet. Wolfie
(he's the one who came to me declawed) got on my side the other day,
and kneaded my ribs, purring all the while. Then he actuallly lay on
top of my side, purring. And you know what? I felt better the next
day, and thanked him for his wonderful massage. :-)

I'm sure the purring did help you heal. What a good nurse kitty!

Joyce
Old September 29th 06, 08:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 18:58:51 GMT, yodeled:

[...]

GL, my two are sending you their purrs, too.

Theresa
Stinky Pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Make Levees, Not War
Old September 30th 06, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
news
The ovarian cyst is still there. It is a dermoid cyst (gross!).

When I was in hospital, the woman in the opposite bed to me had a dermoid
cyst removed. The surgeon told her that they are always benign. I know why
you say it's gross, but why is it? It's a medical condition like any
other.
I hope yours stays small enough to avoid surgery and your health improves
very soon.

Tweed

Old September 30th 06, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

wrote in message
news
The ovarian cyst is still there. It is a dermoid cyst (gross!).

When I was in hospital, the woman in the opposite bed to me had a dermoid
cyst removed. The surgeon told her that they are always benign. I know

why
you say it's gross, but why is it? It's a medical condition like any
other.
I hope yours stays small enough to avoid surgery and your health improves
very soon.

Tweed

It's just gross because it's made up of hair and weird stuff. Do a Google.
In any case, I hope she feels better and I wouldn't necessarily misjudge any
tumor as benign anymore.

kili

Old September 30th 06, 01:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"kilikini" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

wrote in message
news
The ovarian cyst is still there. It is a dermoid cyst (gross!).

When I was in hospital, the woman in the opposite bed to me had a dermoid
cyst removed. The surgeon told her that they are always benign. I know

why
you say it's gross, but why is it? It's a medical condition like any
other.
I hope yours stays small enough to avoid surgery and your health improves
very soon.

Tweed

It's just gross because it's made up of hair and weird stuff. Do a
Google.

I don't need to. I know what a dermoid cyst is. Yes, it can have hair in,
and teeth and all sorts of stuff. The point I was trying to make was that
no-one ought to feel that any medical condition that they have is *gross.*

In any case, I hope she feels better and I wouldn't necessarily misjudge
any
tumor as benign anymore.

I know where you are coming from, kili. We have both had/have malignancies,
but my surgeon was very firm to my friend (we have become friends through
being in hospital together) that a dermoid cyst is always benign although if
it gets large and starts impinging on other organs it needs to be removed.
She was very afraid about cancer and he told her it was not cancer and once
it was removed she could forget about it and go on with a normal life
without thinking about it again.

Tweed

Old September 30th 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2006-09-29 13:58:51 -0500, said:

[...]

Wow. I hope they can give you something to help with the ministrokes!
Scary Ginger-Lyn. At last the other things look OK. (((((hugs)))))

Old October 1st 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On 01 Oct 2006 14:30:13 GMT, Randy wrote:

wrote:
Well, I've been through how many tests and I don't know what all
lately, but here's the updates.

Guy Warning: Some icky female stuff is mentioned.

The MRI showed that I have apparently (like Randy) had at least 20
TIAs (mini-strokes). This is a bit scary, and makes it more likely I
will have The Big One in the future.

That is scary! I think, if you haven't already, I would see a neurologist.
While I was in the hospital prior to the surgery they put me on blood thinners
to help prevent stroke. I am now on a low dose aspirin regiment (81mg once per
day).

Purrs for a sucessfull recovery.

In my case, because I have six stents in coronary arteries, I am on a
daily dose of both Plavix and aspirin, and will be on some sort of
blood-thinning medication for the rest of my life.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from