The things you come across on Usenet (cats)

Old July 8th 07, 01:58 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
chalk

Default The things you come across on Usenet (cats)

"William Graham" wrote in message
. ..

"sheelagh" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 7 Jul, 13:36, Baldoni wrote:
I would never let any of my cats wear a collar.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/control-pet-cats/

Saying that the people in the UK are watched and spied upon by Govt
agencies, who knows what is next. Camera's in trees !

--
Count Baldoni

Yeah, Right!!
Yes, I live in the Uk, & I have never heard such tripe in my entire
life!

Not in a million lifetimes would I agree with that or comply with it
either.
Less that 9 months ago, I had to trap a feral kitty who had a collar
that was so small that it was covered by skin where it was growing
over the collar...

It was postulated, had a dreadful abscess that required draining &
treating with antibiotics for a several weeks. Perhaps I should send
them the vets report that described the incident as sheer luck that
the animal didn't asphyxiate?

I understand the reasons behind the proposal, but it just is not
practical..

Vent over!!

Sheelagh

It is the responsibility, not the right, of good men to break bad laws. -
Spencer Tracy in "Judgment at Nuremberg"

It is hard for me to think of a law that would be better broken than a
cat collar law, or a cat leash law. People who love unenforceable laws,
and tax laws are called, "Liberals".

"Liberalism is a mental disorder"
Dr Michael Savage
The Savage Nation

Old July 8th 07, 02:02 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
chalk

"William Graham" wrote in message
. ..

"Baldoni @googlemail.com" baldoniXXVnil wrote in message
Professor explained on 07/07/2007 :
"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"Baldoni @googlemail.com" baldoniXXVnil wrote in
message
I would never let any of my cats wear a collar.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/control-pet-cats/

Saying that the people in the UK are watched and spied
upon by Govt agencies, who knows what is next. Camera's
in trees !

What a load of crap. Cats are wild animals, here in the UK they have
the right to roam where they please, long may it remain so.

You never let us forget that you like having cats run over by cars.
In British-ese they refer to guys like you as a bit "thick", right?

Nobody likes having there cats run over by cars. The same as nobody
likes having their dogs run over by cars. In some parts of the UK it is
quite normal for sheep to roam along the side of the road and cross it.

I picked a cat up last year that had been run over and the owner was in a
lot of distress. I did not check to see if he had been castrated but
that is a big help to stop them roaming.

It is something that can be argued about all week but when cats decided
they were going to hang out with humans I doubt they were hoping to be
incarcerated. A lot of people would argue that it is cruel to keep them
indoors all the time.

--
Count Baldoni

The residential speed limit here is 25 mph. If people obeyed it, the
number of cats that are run down would drop to almost nothing. The reason
most cats are run down by cars is because of teenage-minded people who
drive their two ton SUV's at 40 mph plus in residential areas.

The "me" generation will drive anywhere anyway anytime they please, a result
of over 40 years of liberal left politically correct thinking in America.

Old July 8th 07, 02:06 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
chalk

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"Professor" wrote in message
"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"Baldoni @googlemail.com" baldoniXXVnil wrote in
message
I would never let any of my cats wear a collar.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/control-pet-cats/

Saying that the people in the UK are watched and spied
upon by Govt agencies, who knows what is next. Camera's in trees !

What a load of crap. Cats are wild animals, here in the
UK they have the right to roam where they please, long
may it remain so.

You never let us forget that you like having cats run
over by cars. In British-ese they refer to guys like you
as a bit "thick", right?

Who said I like cats run over by cars..? I've had cats all my life (I'm
52) and none of them have ever been run over, hit or otherwise injured as
a result of being outdoors. It all depends where you live.

What I *don't* like is keeping a naturally outdoor animal a prisoner. But
we've had this "discussion" before.

Ivor

Yes. It is a peculiarly liberal position. (keeping cats locked up indoors
to preserve their life) Liberals think that living a long life trumps
everything else....They love what I call, "padded cell laws", that have
the preservation of life their prime purpose. Motorcycle helmet laws are a
prime example.....And seat belt laws, too. Their argument is that my life
doesn't belong to me, but to the state.....They would like everything to,
"belong to the state". I would like to grab them by the collar, and shake
them and say, "Everybody, and everything dies sooner or later. Some of us
just want to enjoy the few years we have here while we are still alive.
Now, why don't you want to give us that right?"

Liberal leftists worship the state, government, more government, and
bigger government and higher taxes to support even more and
bigger government. "Hello, I'm from the government, and I am here
to help you."

Old July 8th 07, 02:10 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
chalk

"William Graham" wrote in message
. ..

"Baldoni @googlemail.com" baldoniXXVnil wrote in message
I would never let any of my cats wear a collar.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/control-pet-cats/

Saying that the people in the UK are watched and spied upon by Govt
agencies, who knows what is next. Camera's in trees !

--
Count Baldoni

Any country that has nothing better to do than catch cats to make sure
they have collars with one or more regulation bells on them deserves to
die a natural death and be taken over by some country whose management has
better things to do....GB is no exception.........

Think of all the employees on the government payroll that it takes to
enforce
such nonsense. Why do you think the elitist liberal Al Gore dreamed up
the Junk Science of "Global Warming"?

Old July 8th 07, 02:13 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
chalk

"William Graham" wrote in message
. ..

"Baldoni @googlemail.com" baldoniXXVnil wrote in message
on 07/07/2007, William Graham supposed :
"Baldoni @googlemail.com" baldoniXXVnil wrote in message
I would never let any of my cats wear a collar.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/control-pet-cats/

Saying that the people in the UK are watched and spied upon by Govt
agencies, who knows what is next. Camera's in trees !

-- Count Baldoni

Any country that has nothing better to do than catch cats to make sure
they have collars with one or more regulation bells on them deserves to
die a natural death and be taken over by some country whose management
has better things to do....GB is no exception.........

I have always wished that Switzerland would invade but it ain't going to
happen.

The authorities are looking in peoples refuse bins to check there are no
items that should be re-cycled in there.

For all the camera's they can't police the streets properly never mind
spy on cats doing their business in the vegetable plots and borders.

Mark my words there will be some act or law within the European Courts
that will give the cat its basic right to go to toilet in privacy.

--
Count Baldoni

Sounds like you guys are suffering from, "liberalmania". I know that we
are suffering from it here, but our case hasn't progressed quite as far as
yours......:^) I do keep a sharp eye on what happens over there so I'll
know the prognosis of the disease......

George Sorros & Co. have a dream to turn America into the
same secular liberal mess that Europe is in, a place where animals have
more rights than a human being.

Old July 8th 07, 02:48 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 7 Jul, 13:36, Baldoni wrote:
I would never let any of my cats wear a collar.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/control-pet-cats/

Saying that the people in the UK are watched and spied upon by Govt
agencies, who knows what is next. Camera's in trees !

--
Count Baldoni

what a load of ********! I too would never oput a collar on a cat, I
think it is unnecessary and utterly inhumane to put something like
that on any animal, trying to mark out another animal as something we
'own' when i believe that no animal onthis earth has to right to think
it 'owns' any other, utterly despicable practise.

it won't go through anyway, and the concept behind it woudl contradict
the ruling that a cat 'owner' cannot be held responsible for the
actions of said cat if it enters a neighbours property and/or damages
that property as the cat is a semi-wild creature which cannot be
controlled inthe same manner as a dog can. If this is accepted then
the proposal that cats must wear collars on order for the owners to
control their behaviour is absurd.

for the reasons I ahve put above and those stated by sheelagh i abhor
collars on cats and i will never put one on a cat who lives with me

bookie

Old July 8th 07, 03:26 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Professor

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
[...]

I.E. Yes, you are a bit thick. Thousands of cats are killed on England's
motorways yearly, but you don't seem to give a toss. I can't fathom how
keeping cats safe indoors is somehow against their better interests. Does
dementia run in your family?

Old July 8th 07, 01:25 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
[...]

dementia run in your family?- Hide quoted text -

because keeping them captive indoors is against their nature you dumbo

Old July 8th 07, 01:29 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

On 7 Jul, 23:27, "William Graham" wrote:
"Baldoni @googlemail.com" baldoniXXVnil wrote in message

...I would never let any of my cats wear a collar.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/control-pet-cats/

Saying that the people in the UK are watched and spied upon by Govt
agencies, who knows what is next. Camera's in trees !

--
Count Baldoni

Any country that has nothing better to do than catch cats to make sure they
have collars with one or more regulation bells on them deserves to die a
natural death and be taken over by some country whose management has better
things to do....GB is no exception.........

believe me, we the british public also think this is a pile of crap so
it won't go through, you will probably find it is something to dow ith
the EU forcing some sort of unenforceable and pointless ruling onto
us, the EU is usually the cause of idiotic things like this

Old July 8th 07, 04:17 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 8 Jul, 02:48, bookie wrote:
On 7 Jul, 13:36, Baldoni wrote:

[...]

Here, Here.

There is nothing like watching a vet with a scalpel trying to separate
a collar from the cats neck, because it was leather, too small & the
cats flesh growing over it. Asphyxia is a terrible way to die, & would
most certainly happened to Lucy(fur!) had it now been removed when it
was. Having said that, what I should have said was, either die from
the infection the ill fitting collar caused, or asphyxiated!!

Whilst I understand reasons stated for a cat being allowed to wear a
collar, I don't necessarily agree with them. If you have an indoor
cat, why would your cat need a collar? And, If you allow your cat out,
then why not chip your cat instead. It is easily defined when read by
a chip reader.

The argument about hunting birds is moot. Cats hunt. It is in their
instinct to hunt, & I honestly don't think that it would make any
difference to birds, unless every single cat were made to wear
them..which in itself is unworkable because cats are abandoned, not
cared for by some owners. Also, who would take the responsibility for
the feral cat population? Unless the powers that be, decided to have a
mass cull which would cause a public uproar. For the reasons I have
outlined I see this as unworkable & unfeasible too

Whatever anyone says about using safety collars, really does need to
see the consequences of what a collar can do to a cat or kitten,
before making a judgment on whether it is the right thing to do, or
not as the case might be. If one were to argue that it marks ownership
& The address of whom the cat belongs to- Chip your cat. Simple
really!

I think that I could agree to chipping a cat, however, culpability for
the cats actions is another issue entirely. You can't possibly make he
owner responsible for the cats actions. As stated, it is a semi wild
creature.
The next thing we will hear is that there is going to be a Hedge Hog
tax. utterly ridiculous!!
Sheelagh