Purrs needed for a friend

Old March 18th 05, 04:43 AM
Elise

KellyH wrote:
I don't normally ask for purrs here, and I rarely post my purrs, although I
do read the requests and keep them in my thoughts. I have a friend in need
of some purrs.

Purrs on the way

--
Elise (supervised by Gossamer & Jeeves)
pics:
Old March 18th 05, 04:44 AM
Marina

KellyH wrote:
don't know how she does it. The animals need her, and I would hate for her
to quit. I told her take some time off and clear your head. I hope she
takes it.

I hope she takes it, too. Soothing and relaxing purrs on their way to J.
She is doing wonderful work, but in order to carry on, she must take
care of herself.

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and coming soon: Mere!
Old March 18th 05, 10:43 AM
Steve Touchstone

Purrs on the way for J
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy and Little Bit

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old March 18th 05, 01:51 PM
Lesley Madigan

"KellyH" wrote in message ...
I don't normally ask for purrs here, and I rarely post my purrs, although I
do read the requests and keep them in my thoughts. I have a friend in need
of some purrs.

Purrs for your friend and her cat. People like her are wonderful and
never appreciated enough

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old March 18th 05, 01:55 PM
Victor Martinez

Lots of purrs for "J" and our heartfelt thanks for caring so much for
ferals.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 18th 05, 07:02 PM

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:19:01 -0500, "KellyH"
wrote:

I don't normally ask for purrs here, and I rarely post my purrs, although I
do read the requests and keep them in my thoughts. I have a friend in need
of some purrs.

My friend "J" works tirelessly TNR'ing ferals, persuading people to
spay/neuter their pets, and rescuing cats. She even goes to people's houses
and transports their cats to and from the vet, sometimes pays the s/n fee
herself if they can't pay.
This past week has been really hard on her, and she is so burned out. She
has been working with a family that had 4 cats, 3 females, one male, and a
German Shepherd. She somehow persuaded them to give up the male and one
female cat and she got them into the shelter where we both volunteer. The
other female was spayed, and the last just had kittens and she was trying to
convince them to surrender the kittens and spay the momma when they are old
enough. The couple was planning on breeding the dog and selling the
puppies. Oh, they also wanted to sell the kittens and thought they could
get a lot of money for them since they are white. All the females have had
at least 3 litters in their short lives
Anyway, after working on them for some time, they finally agreed to neuter
the dog. The dog ended up dying after the neuter from a complication. The
woman called her up and was very verbally abusive. J feels awful, like this
was all her fault. Adding to this, her foster cat that no one would take
was diagnosed with intestinal cancer and is hanging on by a thread. She had
to take her to the emergency in the middle of the night.
J deals with some scum of the earth people in her spay/neuter ventures. I
don't know how she does it. The animals need her, and I would hate for her
to quit. I told her take some time off and clear your head. I hope she
takes it.

Purrs for your friend, "J". I have a friend KK, who is much the same,
and I have had an earful about what goes on and some of the incredible
sadness and burnout. It wasn't J's fault the dog died; it just
happens sometimes, sadly. I hope things get better for your friend
soon.

Blessings,

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
http://www.i-love-cats.com/meow/glsummer/ (The Violence Against
Animals in Movies Website)
Old March 18th 05, 08:02 PM
Christina Websell

wrote:

[...]

I totally agree that "J" is doing a good job, promoting neutering and
spaying.
However, along with that must come the knowledge that if you persuade
someone to have their pet speutered, and it dies because of the operation,
some part of the blame lands on you.
Because it would still have been alive if you hadn't insisted and persuaded.
Regardless of the fact that the dog/cat might have been better off
afterwards - if it had lived, of course! - there is a huge responsibility
involved in advising people to have any sort of medical procedures done on
their pets in case it goes wrong, like it did on this occasion.
Maybe it would be a good idea if "J" not only promotes neutering, but also
advises the owners of the (slim) risk of death from the procedure
beforehand, then she probably wouldn't have had the phone call that she did.
I don't wish to sound harsh, and whether it turned out or not that the
owners loved their dog, she died anyway.
And if she had been mine I'd have gone crazy, quite honestly.
I am sure this will happen again. "J" needs to take this on board and
accept it as part of the thing she does and take congratulations for the
things that go well and the flak for those that didn't.
Just my 2c worth. 2p over here.

Tweed

Old March 18th 05, 09:13 PM
KellyH

"Christina Websell" wrote
[...]

Everyone has to sign a release which explains the risks of surgery, these
people did, and it was explained to them verbally at the clinic.
All I was saying is, my friend has had a bad week, between the dog dying and
her foster cat being diagnosed with cancer and not doing well. It's a lot
to take at once. She's not an overly sensitive person, but being called in
the middle of the night and being yelled at would probably get to anyone.
And yes, she does feel responsible about the dog. She has had a couple
ferals die during s/n surgery over the years, but they had no one to grieve
for them but her.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

Old March 19th 05, 01:29 PM
Adrian

KellyH wrote:
snip
J deals with some scum of the earth people in her spay/neuter ventures.

don't know how she does it. The animals need her, and I would hate
for her to quit. I told her take some time off and clear your head.
I hope she takes it.

Purrs that J finds the strength to carry on.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Purrs for Stray Needed CatNipped Cat anecdotes 56 October 14th 04 02:46 PM
Purrs Needed Gizela Cat anecdotes 12 November 8th 03 02:51 PM
Job Purrs needed ann Cat anecdotes 17 November 3rd 03 06:03 PM
Double Purrs Needed Kate Cat anecdotes 16 October 19th 03 05:18 PM