preparing me for motherhood

Old September 13th 09, 12:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

Default preparing me for motherhood

I really don't plan on having kids. I don't see myself as a mother to
a smaller version of myself, simply because I don't feel I would be a
good mother, and for other personal reasons.

But I swear if I do, my brain will already be tuned in to handle
things like...

"Meow! Meow! Meow! Meow!" (Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom)
"Pet me! Pet me! Pet me!"
"Feed me! Feed me! Feed me!"
"Mommy! Mommy! Mommy Mommy!!"

I once finally turned and shouted. "WHAT!!" and Mayhem scurried
away. I got a flashback of my own mother. ugh...

And Mayhem does this every morning.......

Meow! Meow! Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom!

*sigh*

Kristi
Old September 13th 09, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Sep 12, 6:48*pm, Mischief wrote:
I really don't plan on having kids. *I don't see myself as a mother to
a smaller version of myself, simply because I don't feel I would be a
good mother, and for other personal reasons.

But I swear if I do, my brain will already be tuned in to handle
things like...

"Meow! *Meow! *Meow! *Meow!" (Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom)
"Pet me! Pet me! *Pet me!"
"Feed me! Feed me! *Feed me!"
"Mommy! *Mommy! Mommy Mommy!!"

I once finally turned and shouted. "WHAT!!" *and Mayhem scurried
away. *I got a flashback of my own mother. *ugh...

And Mayhem does this every morning.......

Meow! Meow! Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom!

*sigh*

Kristi

We all turn into our mothers at some time or other, (and we probably
all hate it too). It's the weirdest phenomenon. I guess you don't have
to have kids to experience it!
I wonder sometimes if the cats are child-replacements for the empty
nest, although I always had cats, and always took good care of them.
I didn't treat them like children so much as I do now, though, I don't
think
so anyway.
At least we don't have to send them to college. :-)

Sherry

Sherry
Old September 13th 09, 01:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when Sherry wrote:
At least we don't have to send them to college. :-)

We don't? I've been tricked! Dulce Maaaae!

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old September 13th 09, 01:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Sherry" wrote in message

[...]

And if you discover you really cant cope with them, you can take them to a
no-kill shelter and people won't brand you a monster for doing so.

Doesn't quite work like that with bare kittens.

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old September 13th 09, 03:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

On Sep 12, 5:07*pm, Sherry wrote:
[...]

i dunno, when the last one of us left for college, my mom had two d-
things. I told her to get a third one so it would help her remember
what its like to have three kids in the house.

She wasn't amused.

Kristi
Old September 13th 09, 03:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected][_2_]

On Sep 12, 5:07*pm, Sherry wrote:
I wonder sometimes if the cats are child-replacements for the empty
nest,

Never having had any urge to have kids I get really annoyed when
people ask me if my cats are substitute children, I ask if their
children are substitute cats!

Gimme a kitten any day of the week

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs