Persia is Happy :)

Old September 7th 11, 01:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Persia is Happy :)

I gave Persia's kitty fountain a good scrubbing. And I bought a new bag of
her Rx food. I waited a little too late to buy more so she ate Friskies the
last couple of days. She likes Friskies okay; she won't turn them down.
But she really *loves* her Rx food! It just tastes better. I suppose it's
the difference between eating at McDonald's or eating at an upscale steak
house. LOL

When I got home and brought the bag inside she started meowing like crazy.
She could tell it was her food. I don't know if she can smell it through
that heavy plastic or if she just recognizes the bag. Meow! Meow! Meow-ma!
Ma-ma! She was practically dancing. As I walked to where I store it she
ran ahead. Then she kept looking over her shoulder to make sure I was still
following her with the precious bag of cat food.

I opened the bag and gave her a scoop. Purr, purr chomp. Purr, purr
crunch. She was very happy to have her food back.

Jill

Old September 7th 11, 01:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 9/6/2011 7:18 PM, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

LOL! A true gourmet! As you know we feed ours Fancy Feast and, like
Persia, they seem to know what's in those cans. We all know all cats
have a phenomenal sense of smell so I can only assume there is some
scent left on the cans from when they were closed at the canning
factory. Same with the bag I'd guess.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old September 7th 11, 01:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

[...]

BTW, The Chef's Cat web page is still active if you'd like to add any
more recipes.

http://www.possibleplaces.com/TheChefsCat/

Old September 7th 11, 01:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default The Chef's Cat (WAS: Persia is Happy :) )

"CatNipped" wrote in message
On 9/6/2011 7:18 PM, jmcquown wrote:
When I got home and brought the bag inside she started meowing like
crazy. She could tell it was her food. I don't know if she can smell it
through that heavy plastic or if she just recognizes the bag. Meow!
Meow! Meow-ma! Ma-ma! She was practically dancing. As I walked to where
I store it she ran ahead. Then she kept looking over her shoulder to
make sure I was still following her with the precious bag of cat food.

I opened the bag and gave her a scoop. Purr, purr chomp. Purr, purr
crunch. She was very happy to have her food back.

Jill

BTW, The Chef's Cat web page is still active if you'd like to add any more
recipes.

http://www.possibleplaces.com/TheChefsCat/

Cool! I've been doing some cooking lately. I'll have to see if there are
some worth saving and send them to you. Thanks for the reminder! And let's
don't forget there's a link for "guest recipes" so anyone can submit recipes
to be added to The Chef's Cat

Thanks, Lori!

Jill

Old September 7th 11, 01:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 9/6/2011 7:41 PM, jmcquown wrote:

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

OOPS, all the links are going to an old, now invalid email address.
Give me a day and I'll get that fixed.

Old September 7th 11, 02:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

No, OOPS on my part! I just assumed all the links worked. My bad!

Jill

Old September 7th 11, 02:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

jmcquown wrote:

I gave Persia's kitty fountain a good scrubbing. And I bought a new bag of
her Rx food. I waited a little too late to buy more so she ate Friskies the
last couple of days. She likes Friskies okay; she won't turn them down.
But she really *loves* her Rx food! It just tastes better. I suppose it's
the difference between eating at McDonald's or eating at an upscale steak
house. LOL

Heh, clearly your cat has more refined tastes than mine do. Mine would
much rather eat at McDonald's. They'll eat the premium brand canned food
I give them, since that's all there is to eat. Usually it takes a long time
for them to finish it, because they'll take a few bites, walk away, come
back in the hope that something else has been put down, see that nothing's
changed, and in resignation, eat a bit more of their health food. But if I
run out of Wellness and have to give them Friskies, they'll chomp it down
in no time.

When I got home and brought the bag inside she started meowing like crazy.
She could tell it was her food. I don't know if she can smell it through
that heavy plastic or if she just recognizes the bag. Meow! Meow! Meow-ma!
Ma-ma! She was practically dancing. As I walked to where I store it she
ran ahead. Then she kept looking over her shoulder to make sure I was still
following her with the precious bag of cat food.

Aww! That's cute.

I opened the bag and gave her a scoop. Purr, purr chomp. Purr, purr
crunch. She was very happy to have her food back.

I like hearing cats purr as they eat crunchies - the purr echoes in a
cute way.

Joyce

--
Mother teach me to walk again
Milk and honey, so intoxicating -- Sarah McLaughlin
Old September 7th 11, 02:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 20:18:56 -0400, "jmcquown"
wrote:
[...]

She's soo cute! I love how they run ahead with their head and tails
held high, glancing back to make sure you're following.
Old September 7th 11, 01:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

On 9/6/2011 8:18 PM, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Isn't Persia on Hill's Prescription Diet CD? Barney was on that (and,
since we are a multi-cat household, so were the others)..and they *all*
loved it. But at 50US$ per 17# bag, we cannot afford to feed 11 cats
that food - so they get a mix of CD and Innova's Healthwise kibble.
(Healthwise is very much like the regular Innova, but less expensive as
it doesn't have the turkey, and the cats like it the same as the regular
Innova)

And our vet says that most cats hate the CD, but those that do get that
"extra fluffy" look...however, since we no longer free feed (too many -
Ernie, Mimi, Rosie *and* Sir Weebs were becoming fluffy, some more than
others), most of ours have lost a few ounces to a pound since their
checkups last year!

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old September 7th 11, 03:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote in message
[...]

The vet switched her to w/d. After years of eating c/d she developed a
tummy sensitivity to it and was throwing up a lot. On white carpet. The
w/d treats the same gastrointestinal ailments and it's lower in fat. She's
not barfing anymore She'll always be "fluffy".

And our vet says that most cats hate the CD,

Persia loved c/d! She loves the w/d just as much. What can I say? She's a
weird cat.

Persia says to give Sir Weebs some scritches and kitty kisses from her

Jill

The ONE and ONLY

Jill