We got the girls a present...

Old July 18th 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

Default We got the girls a present...

The other night when I was changing the litterbox I broke it! I went
to tap the box on the bathroom counter to knock the stuck litter loose
because I didn't want to wash it out, and when it hit the counter the
corner shattered! I patched it up with a load of packing tape, and
yesterday we went to Walmart in search of a new one...

Well, they were all out of jumbo litterboxes, so I got another
under-the-bed-storage box instead... it's the same size as a
litterbox, cheaper than a litterbox, works just as well as a
litterbox, but it's not as strong (which is why the last one
smashed...) While we were hunting for the box we found them a present
- a Kitty playhouse for twenty bucks It's plastic tubing with nylon
mesh hammocks and a nylon tunnel for them to climb in... Silver was
wary of it, sniffed at it, and decided she was too old for such
things. Scouty took one look at it and ran away to the opposite end of
the house to hide from the Scary Monster... and Tessie adored it so
much she started trying to climb on it before we'd even finished
putting the thing together! :P It seems to be a hit!

Tessie spent about three hours climbing all over it and playing with
the pompom balls that are attached to it (I think she likes having a
couple of balls that run away) and then she settled down on top of it
to sleep... Silver still hasn't been near it and I don't think she's
going to (but she might surprise us - she wouldn't deign to touch the
cat tree for weeks but now she climbs it and perches on the second
platform and even jumps off it onto John's chair, and plays
pouncy-tail with Tessie.) Scouty's already surprised me - she doesn't
want to have an audience but after we turned the lights out last night
she was sitting in the bottom level of the tunnel batting at the
pompom (she ran away when I went out there to take a photo) and she's
been in it twice this morning already, playing chasey with Tessie
She loves caves and she loves balls, and this this playhouse she gets
to have both at once.

While we were at Walmart I got a pair of new cake storers which I
accidentally left behind in the store (grrr... I HATE the way the
Walmart checkouts work - it's not the first time we've accidentally
left a bag or two behind on their stupid carousel because it was only
partly full or had clear/lightweight items in it, and if you don't
realise before you leave the carpark it's too late to go back and get
them ) And I bought six plastic jars for the kitchen cupboards - we
had a weevil incident last weekend and even though I cleaned
everything up and they were only in ONE packet, it was a wakeup
call... even John can see the value of airtight storage containers now
- if something comes into the house infested, the little blighters
will only be able to infest ONE storage jar instead of attacking
everything in the pantry.
Old July 18th 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
While we were hunting for the box we found them a present
- a Kitty playhouse for twenty bucks It's plastic tubing with nylon
mesh hammocks and a nylon tunnel for them to climb in... Silver was
wary of it, sniffed at it, and decided she was too old for such
things. Scouty took one look at it and ran away to the opposite end of
the house to hide from the Scary Monster... and Tessie adored it so
much she started trying to climb on it before we'd even finished
putting the thing together! :P It seems to be a hit!

YAY!!

While we were at Walmart I got a pair of new cake storers which I
accidentally left behind in the store (grrr... I HATE the way the
Walmart checkouts work - it's not the first time we've accidentally
left a bag or two behind on their stupid carousel because it was only
partly full or had clear/lightweight items in it, and if you don't
realise before you leave the carpark it's too late to go back and get
them

Not if you'd called them immediately and reported the problem. The checkout
clerk *had* to realize a bag had been left behind. It still may not be too
late if you have your receipt.

Jill

Old July 18th 06, 06:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
[...]

Our clerks at our new SuperWalmart must have really been trained on this
one. They put the bags into your cart and make sure you got everything.

(And since the cashiers ID is on the receipt management does know where the
items were left)

I'd go back if it isn't too far.

Jo

Old July 18th 06, 11:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 10:59:55 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
[...]

I know we could have tried... but with the price of gas the way it is,
and with John's car broken it probably would have cost more in time,
money and trouble to go back and fetch them than it would to just let
it go - they only cost two bucks each. If it had been something more
expensive I would have insisted that we go back for it right away...
last time I messed up I realised when I was loading the car so we
hadn't left the store yet and I just went back in to collect the
bag... but this time John wasn't feeling well (which was the whole
reason we were rushing home and I forgot it etc.)

The kitty playhouse is a roaring success with Tessica and Scouty
btw...
Old July 19th 06, 04:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

wrote:

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
[...]

I'm waiting for....PICTURES!

Old July 19th 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

wrote:

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
[...]

They're coming, they're coming :P
Old July 19th 06, 10:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

On 2006-07-18 17:25:31 -0500, Karen AKA Kajikit

wrote:

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
[...]

I love this one :-)
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...15899315cjtItm
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old July 19th 06, 06:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

On 2006-07-18 17:25:31 -0500, Karen AKA Kajikit
said:

The kitty playhouse is a roaring success with Tessica and Scouty
btw...

I'm waiting for....PICTURES!

They're coming, they're coming :P

I love this one :-)
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...15899315cjtItm

John took that one when he was torturing (umm, playing with :P)
Tessie. She's addicted to bags and climbs in every time she sees one
lying around - that was a particularly big and sturdy one so John
picked it up and stood it upright... she was rather surprised to find
herself in mid-air, then standing upright instead of lying on her side
:P the photo came out GORGEOUS.